Thumb Picks
Enucleation
May 11 2010, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
There is a song that my band is working on that for one guitar alternates a lot between clean fingerpicking and fast distorted tremolo picking. The other guitarist is having trouble swapping between the two, I suggested that for the clean parts he just toss the pick and have a spare nearby, but he didn't like the idea. We figured it would be best to use a thumb pick for this song but how do you do pinch harmonics with one of those?

Granted, I don't even think there are any pinch harmonics in this song, it would be nice to know how to do this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bluesberry
May 15 2010, 10:08 AM
Learning Roadie
In my opinion, tremolo etc. stuff is pretty challenging with a thumb pick. I think it would take a lot of (wasted) effort to play all the "normal" pick stuff with a thumb pick. I like Ivan's suggestion, also all kinds of pick - no pick -movements are always doable.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:12 AM