Need Some Help From The Jackson Players
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2007, 11:40 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey, hopefully there are some people here on GMC Familiar with jacksons, i know im not, but recently my friend just gave me his jackson guitar for free, on top of him never playing it, he also joining the Marines in less than a year, so here are some pictures of it, i know its a lower end jackson, becuase im fairly sure higher end and even mid-end jackons have EMG Pickups, and these just say Jackson on them.

I know its a Dinky Model, and DEFINETLY not a soloist, i was hoping someone on here might be able to tell by looks, i searched Samash.com and Musicians friend.com but all the jacons have some kind of trem bar and different inlays, this jusy has single dot inlays and a hardtail.

Any help is appreciated.

*edit*
Ok something went wrong with all my pictures ill fix it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 17 2007, 11:55 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 17 2007, 11:56 PM
Sorry about the massive size, everytime i resize them on photobucket is screws up or something.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 18 2007, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
If you have a Photo Editing Program, you should be able to resize them.
Even a basic one like HP Image Zone or whatever came with you PC or Digital Camera

Like This!!! smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Slammer: Aug 18 2007, 12:03 AM

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 18 2007, 12:04 AM
so are you wanting to know what model it is?

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 18 2007, 01:10 AM
Basically yeah, i know its a lower end one, a dinky more than likely, theres no name or serial number on tis thing or anything. hoping someone knew.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 18 2007, 01:48 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If it has a bolted neck there should be information on the plate.

I removed the neck on my Charvel (same thing as Jackson) and it said "Made in Japan" underneath.

My old pickups said "Jackson" (3 singlesoil size active pu's) and they pretty much sucked. Had high output but terrible sound as far as I remember.

If you find the serial you can call or mail Jackson for information on the guitar.
I wonder, persuming it's a bolt on, was the plate ever exchanged and that's why a serial is missing?

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Aug 18 2007, 02:37 AM
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/sea...rtno=2900017527
it looks just like that one except thist one only has 22 frets

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 18 2007, 04:04 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 17 2007, 08:48 PM) *
If it has a bolted neck there should be information on the plate.

I removed the neck on my Charvel (same thing as Jackson) and it said "Made in Japan" underneath.

My old pickups said "Jackson" (3 singlesoil size active pu's) and they pretty much sucked. Had high output but terrible sound as far as I remember.

If you find the serial you can call or mail Jackson for information on the guitar.
I wonder, persuming it's a bolt on, was the plate ever exchanged and that's why a serial is missing?

Yes, its a bolt on, but the plate just says "Jackson", no number. about the pickups, yeah they arent that great on this one, a little dry, but since its a cheaper guitar, and i got it for free, and i have nothing to lose, i was gonna make this my "Project", i wanna sand all the paint off the body, buy new pickups, and even a new neck.

QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Aug 17 2007, 09:37 PM) *
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/sea...rtno=2900017527
it looks just like that one except thist one only has 22 frets

Yeah thats more than likely it, it looks the most similar, except for teh frets and paintjob, it think thats what i got.

Thanks for all the help guys.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 18 2007, 04:06 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:54 AM