3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
I Was Having A Great Weekend ...., until ..
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 08:09 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
My neighbours 18 year old son who passed his driving test a few months ago reverses into my car and does this to it!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Attached Image

its worse than it looks in the pic, the door is also dented in a line from below the S line badge!

Cant tell ya just how angry I am at the moment, not so much at the damage, but the fact that he flatly denied it, unfortunatly I didnt see him do it but strangly if you take a look at his rear quarter bumper (all fresh btw!)............

Attached Image

and after I measured the different scuffs etc, they match more or less perfectly, he still denys it, and how the hell do I prove it, all I can do and have done is made a claim online to my insurance company explaining and sending them these pictures too, hopefully they`ll sort it!

I`ve just bought this car, I`ve only had it approx 5 weeks and its my absolute pride n joy!!

Right now, I could just ............... explode!! mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 4 2009, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
That really sucks man.... I cant belive he is denying it....... I reversed into a car when i had recently got my license but it admitted it and it wen good anyway.......

But sry to hear about your new car

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (superize @ Apr 4 2009, 08:17 PM) *
That really sucks man.... I cant belive he is denying it....... I reversed into a car when i had recently got my license but it admitted it and it wen good anyway.......

But sry to hear about your new car

thats exactly it mate, if he admitted it then fine, we all make mistakes, no ones perfect, but to flatly deny it is what makes me mad the most, damage can be fixed, just be honest

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2009, 08:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Apr 4 2009, 08:23 PM) *
thats exactly it mate, if he admitted it then fine, we all make mistakes, no ones perfect, but to flatly deny it is what makes me mad the most, damage can be fixed, just be honest

Exactly that Chris!!!!! Damage can be fixed!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 4 2009, 08:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Oh that sucks so much. sad.gif And what a covard to not stand for what he did, such a loser. dry.gif
Have you talked with his parents? Sure he's 18 but still living with them, right, so they should have something to say about it?
...unless he's one of those apples that fell close to the tree and they are as stupid as him.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 4 2009, 08:59 PM) *
Oh that sucks so much. sad.gif And what a covard to not stand for what he did, such a loser. dry.gif
Have you talked with his parents? Sure he's 18 but still living with them, right, so they should have something to say about it?
...unless he's one of those apples that fell close to the tree and they are as stupid as him.

his mother was with him when I spoke with him, "it couldnt have been my Joe" pfft!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 4 2009, 09:18 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Apr 4 2009, 10:10 PM) *
his mother was with him when I spoke with him, "it couldnt have been my Joe" pfft!

I'd probably have a "chat" with little joe, and if he ran crying home to his mommy afterwards I'd just deny it.. laugh.gif
Stuff like that makes me angry mad.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Apr 4 2009, 09:24 PM
Joe needs house burned down.

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS JOE!!!! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU _______________

Big Lebowski Reference....

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 09:25 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 4 2009, 09:24 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 4 2009, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 4 2009, 10:24 PM) *

..mess with the Orphans!

close to a quote from the Warriors. So Chris, get a scary vest with a scary tag on it. "Bells Tangles" could work unsure.gif

Jooooe, come out and plaaa-aaaa-aaaay

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 4 2009, 09:35 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Dude, that sucks big time. sad.gif It's hard enough avoiding idiots who can't drive on the streets, but in your own driveway? Come on, the guy should just own up to it. You have an amp at home? If so, go put that bad boy on 10 and let them know how you feel about it right now! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 4 2009, 09:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Ouch Chris, set the Kent mafia on him, is that one of those new Audi S 3s??

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Apr 4 2009, 10:27 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Apr 4 2009, 09:24 PM) *

"LITTLE B****** !, TRY STONEWALLING ME WILL YA?"

QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Apr 4 2009, 08:09 PM) *
My neighbours 18 year old son who passed his driving test a few months ago reverses into my car and does this to it!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I`ve just bought this car, I`ve only had it approx 5 weeks and its my absolute pride n joy!!

Right now, I could just ............... explode!! mad.gif

Chris, this happened to my lady friend last year. We called the cop shop to come out an investigate once we found the car in the parking lot (at the university). The kid was charged with hit and run and lost his license. Pretty harsh, I agree, but that's what happens when you....yeah, that's already been referenced LOL.

Maybe you could tell your neighbor my story before you call the cops? There is NO sense that your insurance goes up over something he did. He needs to learn his lesson, what happens if he hits a pedestrian and bolts? He'll spend his life in jail.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 4 2009, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 4 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Ouch Chris, set the Kent mafia on him, is that one of those new Audi S 3s??

nah mate, its an A4 S Line.

I didnt actually think about the "leaving the scene of an accident" thing till a little while ago when I was talking with a friend of mine about it, his brother happens to be a Police Officer (although not in my County unfortunatly laugh.gif) when he asked him about it he said that I should call my local Police although they may not actually do anything, his brother suggested talking to "joe" once more tomorrow advising him that he left a scene of an accident which ought to be reported to the Police, giving him a last chance to redeem himself, if he still denies it then got nothing to lose by giving them a call.

Basically they would probably come and have a look, if they were satisfied as well that without doubt the damage matched then they would probably "talk" to Joe although wouldnt possibly do anything other than that as no one had actually seen him hit the car but might be enough to put the frighteners onto him and would also give me an incident number to give to my insurance company.

I will probably do this tomorrow, seems a reasonable route, as I mentioned before, its not about the damage, thats what I have insurance for, its the dishonesty that annoys me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 4 2009, 11:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Oh my.... sad.gif
Why on earth does he deny it??? I mean he has to have insurance so what's the big deal? Why put you in a situation like this when we all make mistakes (and that's why we pay insurance companies in the first place...).

What a sad human being he has to be... not to mention his folks attitude defending him...

Wish you the best of luck on your next talk with him, this is just unacceptable sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 4 2009, 11:04 PM
I think you're on track with that. Call the police unless lil' Joe comes clean. Maybe tell his mum what you're about to do and let her know that if the police can match the dents on the evidence you got (incase they try to hide the car... sounds like the type f familiy that'd act moronicly) he may lose the license + pay for the damages.
The insurance company will just settle for the payment.

See what she thinks it's worth.

You're getting me worked up over here !!! laugh.gif Less about Joe, maybe an insecure kid scared of his parents or whatever, than his mother who assisted in denying though she didn't seem to even try to sort things out with her little Joe, as I understood it.

I'd love to see you all on Judge Judy!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 4 2009, 11:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Honestly is the best policy. He is probably just scared of what might happen if he is caught. Once I put a scratch on my dads beloved Ibanez and I thought he would kill me but he knew it was an accident. Honesty is truly the best policy in this case it seems. I second the judge show but I would go for Judge Joe Brown ahah

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Apr 5 2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah i would have a talk with him just the two of you... Tell him something like if he admits it now that youll forgive him,
but if he doesnt then youll never forgive him and there is something called karma that will come back on him...

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 5 2009, 12:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
You should have called the cops right after you spotted your damage on the car! They will look at the damage on your car and on this boys car and if they say that it matches then you will get your money from the insurance company + your neighbor will be charged for hit and run!!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 5 2009, 02:00 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh man sorry to hear about this...I think you should have called police (especially since you noticed who is to blame)...They would have taken the samples of paint from your car (that's on his bumper) and charged him for accident...Especially if he lies, he deserves to be faced with charge.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 PM