Air On A G String. (bach)., First recording with my Ramirez.
Gilmore
Oct 5 2009, 01:39 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I recorded this piece this morning. It´s not fully rehearsed, but it´s going very well. It would be great to get some comments about the sound, and specially about the playing and what I should focus on to make it better.

I used my new Ramirez 125 Anos, strung with LaBella 2001 medium tension strings. The strings sound good, but I think a little harder tension would be even better, because the meds are a bit loose, and you can hear a little string buzzing here and there because of it. The strings on a classical matter ALOT more than on a steel string or electric, it can drive you crazy.

Hope you like.......I think it´s the most beautiful piece ever composed. smile.gif

Attached File  Air__Bach_.mp3 ( 4.5MB ) Number of downloads: 382

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 5 2009, 09:10 PM
Wow!! Sounds great!!!
(Especially for an old Cigar Box!!!)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 5 2009, 09:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
That´s a nice cover! Did you learn it by ear or did you read from tabs/notes or did you arrange it by yourself?
At the beginning, I´d ma the upper notes longer in order to get a better sound carpet, if you know what I mean. Also, try to release your fingers from the strings when shifting position. That sound of scratching strings isn´t really necessary. wink.gif
These are my only criticisms. Good job!

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Oct 5 2009, 10:03 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 5 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Wow!! Sounds great!!!
(Especially for an old Cigar Box!!!)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LoL....good one..... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Oct 5 2009, 10:17 PM) *
That´s a nice cover! Did you learn it by ear or did you read from tabs/notes or did you arrange it by yourself?
At the beginning, I´d ma the upper notes longer in order to get a better sound carpet, if you know what I mean. Also, try to release your fingers from the strings when shifting position. That sound of scratching strings isn´t really necessary. wink.gif
These are my only criticisms. Good job!

I bought an arrangement done by Per Olov Kindgren. He is an excellent Danish guitarist and he has alot of videos up on youtube, and here is Air performed by him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUPx42UmSng

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 6 2009, 06:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great playing, and well recorded too! smile.gif

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Oct 7 2009, 04:59 AM
Learning Roadie
That sounds great, the playing and the guitar. How did you mic it?

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Oct 7 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys.

I used one SM57 and the interface is Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP. Focusrite makes the best quality preamps, very clear and crisp.

Soon I´m buying a matched pair of M-Audio Pulsar II condensers, so I can record with better quality and in stereo. SM57 isn´t the ideal choice for classical recordings.

This post has been edited by Gilmore: Oct 7 2009, 04:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:36 PM