3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
A Sign Of A Return To Normalcy., Band Six60 plays to 50k in New Zealand.
AK Rich
Apr 26 2021, 08:09 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://fox8.com/news/entertainment/photos-...kered-down/amp/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 26 2021, 08:19 PM
GMC:er
Just an hour ago an 18 day lock down was declared here biggrin.gif

New Zealand has always been a special case, also countries that produce vaccine (China, USA, EU) are going in the right direction but other countries are going through their worst covid wave right now.

The bad news is as mutations arise from poorer countries, this will affect the current ones who're far ahead of vaccination thats why to me we have a (depressingly) long way to go.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 26 2021, 08:35 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2021, 10:19 AM) *

New Zealand has always been a special case, also countries that produce vaccine (China, USA, EU) are going in the right direction but other countries are going through their worst covid wave right now.

The bad news is as mutations arise from poorer countries, this will affect the current ones who're far ahead of vaccination thats why to me we have a (depressingly) long way to go.

Be that as it may. It warms my heart to look at the pictures of that concert and gives me a positive feeling and hope that things are getting better overall.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 26 2021, 11:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
one could hope

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2021, 12:03 AM
Sadly, places like BRAZIL and INDIA are having record levels of death and sickness. It's so bad in these places that they can't even guess when it might even out much less return to normal. The good news is that places like NEW ZEALAND are very isolated and and if they can keep things going the right way, they can get back to normal much quicker than places that are a bit easier to get to smile.gif Very glad to see our numbers are not going up like mad here in the states but htey are sadly going up again. Also, many folks simply refuse to be vaccinated which means the virus has that many more easy marks.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2021, 03:19 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 27 2021, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 27 2021, 01:59 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 26 2021, 11:03 PM) *

Watched a video from India, won't post it here as though not graphic very heat breaking. Didn't know they cremate bodies there but its very basic like you see in viking movies, imagine they can't find enough wood these days and soon will have to use the streets sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 04:44 AM
I saw a similar video about india and found it a bit shocking to be honest. i wasn't aware it was as bad as it is over there. Evidently it's gotten very very bad indeed and they no longer have enough time or people to properly bury the dead and have resorted instead to simply burning them in mass pits. It's a bit apocalyptic to be honest. I'm very glad my country is doing better but I'm very sad to see some parts of the world are having it worse than we ever had it over here.

sadly, we are not out of the wood yet. I won't post that video either. It's just too graphic. I'm glad some folks are having concerts, but don't be fooled in to thinking we are done with this thing. sad.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 27 2021, 08:59 AM) *
Watched a video from India, won't post it here as though not graphic very heat breaking. Didn't know they cremate bodies there but its very basic like you see in viking movies, imagine they can't find enough wood these days and soon will have to use the streets sad.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2021, 02:48 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Another sign of a return to normalcy. And this was a pretty good fight. 🥊

https://sports.yahoo.com/canelo-alvarez-bil...-035718870.html

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2021, 05:00 AM
It's good to see some fights and concerts to be sure. Sadly, it's more of something just to make us feel a bit better as the rest of the world burns. India is hitting record death days and it's still getting worse. I'm just thankful that we are getting some semblance of normalcy on our own shores. I grieve for the rest of the world though, Brazil, india, where it's nothing short of living hell.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 11 2021, 09:48 PM) *
Another sign of a return to normalcy. And this was a pretty good fight. 🥊

https://sports.yahoo.com/canelo-alvarez-bil...-035718870.html

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 12 2021, 05:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 12 2021, 06:00 AM) *
It's good to see some fights and concerts to be sure. Sadly, it's more of something just to make us feel a bit better as the rest of the world burns. India is hitting record death days and it's still getting worse. I'm just thankful that we are getting some semblance of normalcy on our own shores. I grieve for the rest of the world though, Brazil, india, where it's nothing short of living hell.

Concerts are slowly coming back here in Denmark, as are social events. We have about 2500 deaths, but we're nearing 15% fully vaccinated and 25% with their first shot, and I hope it's going relatively quickly now. I still fear a rise in numbers when concerts and social events really kick in, but we'll see. Maybe you'll need a "vaccination passport" as they've set up here. Or you need a test 48 hours before going to restaurants etc, which are open now, but you have to reserve a table at least half an hour prior apparently.

Well, at least it's something. I guess it will still be some time before we get completely back to normal.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2021, 05:34 AM
My Aunt is hell bent to travel and she's told me that there is a new requirement for airlines that you have a Covid test proof no older than 3 days, in addition to your full vaccination proof. But, if you have that, you can get on a plane and go somewhere smile.gif

I have friends in Saudi Arabia who tell me that they have a nationwide phone app that tells if you are infected or not and you have to show it whenever you want to go pretty much anywhere. I don't think that would fly here, most folks here won't even wear a mask.

Found it in the app store!
Attached Image
[Mquote name='Caelumamittendum' date='May 12 2021, 12:08 AM' post='788631']
Concerts are slowly coming back here in Denmark, as are social events. We have about 2500 deaths, but we're nearing 15% fully vaccinated and 25% with their first shot, and I hope it's going relatively quickly now. I still fear a rise in numbers when concerts and social events really kick in, but we'll see. Maybe you'll need a "vaccination passport" as they've set up here. Or you need a test 48 hours before going to restaurants etc, which are open now, but you have to reserve a table at least half an hour prior apparently.

Well, at least it's something. I guess it will still be some time before we get completely back to normal.
[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 12 2021, 05:48 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2021, 05:44 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 11 2021, 07:08 PM) *

Good to hear that at least some semblance of normalcy is returning to Denmark. 🙂 Hopefully not at the risk of going political here, the idea of a vaccination passport doesn't seem to be a very popular idea over in the US as far as I can tell. The family went out to dinner for a Mother's Day/Birthday celebration on Sunday and the restaurant was at full capacity and pretty much completely packed. Good thing we had a reservation. 🙂

Here is another possible sign of a return to normalcy.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nascar-full-capacity-crowds

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2021, 05:51 AM
We are very lucky indeed in the states. We were leading the world in sickness and death for a long time, but now India and Brazil have taken over since we finally got our vaccine roll out happening. I hope we can start exporting the millions of vaccine doses that people refuse to take. They should do some good before they go bad. So it's great to see a few countries doing well to be sure. to bad the rest of the world seems to be getting worse.

Attached Image

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 12 2021, 12:44 AM) *
Good to hear that at least some semblance of normalcy is returning to Denmark. 🙂 Hopefully not at the risk of going political here, the idea of a vaccination passport doesn't seem to be a very popular idea over in the US as far as I can tell. The family went out to dinner for a Mother's Day/Birthday celebration on Sunday and the restaurant was at full capacity and pretty much completely packed. Good thing we had a reservation. 🙂

Here is another possible sign of a return to normalcy.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nascar-full-capacity-crowds

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2021, 05:53 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2021, 07:34 PM) *
My Aunt is hell bent to travel and she's told me that there is a new requirement for airlines that you have a Covid test proof no older than 3 days, in addition to your full vaccination proof. But, if you have that, you can get on a plane and go somewhere smile.gif

I have friends in Saudi Arabia who tell me that they have a nationwide phone app that tells if you are infected or not and you have to show it whenever you want to go pretty much anywhere. I don't think that would fly here, most folks here won't even wear a mask.

Found it in the app store!

My folks just flew in from Arizona on Saturday night and there were no requirements for either a negative test or proof of vaccination. Only requirements were that masks be worn in the airports and on the plane.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2021, 06:00 AM
Sounds like very lax enforcement of CDC guidelines. The kind of thing that could lead to real problems. You do realize that this kind of thing is how the pandemic spread in the first place right? By people getting on an airplane and taking it to new places?

CDC is still requiring it.

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
Updated May 7, 2021

Print
On This Page

General FAQ
Passengers FAQ
Aircraft Operators/Airlines/Crew FAQ

If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get tested no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight, or be prepared to show documentation of recovery (proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/t...%20the%20flight.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 12 2021, 12:53 AM) *
My folks just flew in from Arizona on Saturday night and there were no requirements for either a negative test or proof of vaccination. Only requirements were that masks be worn in the airports and on the plane.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 12 2021, 06:11 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2021, 06:47 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2021, 08:00 PM) *
Sounds like very lax enforcement of CDC guidelines. The kind of thing that could lead to real problems. You do realize that this kind of thing is how the pandemic spread in the first place right? By people getting on an airplane and taking it to new places?

CDC is still requiring it.

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
Updated May 7, 2021

Print
On This Page

General FAQ
Passengers FAQ
Aircraft Operators/Airlines/Crew FAQ

If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get tested no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight, or be prepared to show documentation of recovery (proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/t...%20the%20flight.

I don't make the requirements, I am just relaying the requirements for air travel between Arizona and Alaska as of Saturday, which isn't an international fight since there was no layover or switching of planes in Canada. As far as I know, those are the requirements for all domestic air travel in the US. No doubt that international travel is more restricted. A recent negative covid test is required to drive up through Canada to Alaska and from Alaska to the lower 48 states as well but that's it as far as I know.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2021, 03:14 AM
The good news is that the USA is finally turning the corner from the look of things which I'm very thankful for smile.gif

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/health/us-co...nday/index.html

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 12 2021, 01:47 AM) *
I don't make the requirements, I am just relaying the requirements for air travel between Arizona and Alaska as of Saturday, which isn't an international fight since there was no layover or switching of planes in Canada. As far as I know, those are the requirements for all domestic air travel in the US. No doubt that international travel is more restricted. A recent negative covid test is required to drive up through Canada to Alaska and from Alaska to the lower 48 states as well but that's it as far as I know.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 13 2021, 03:28 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 12 2021, 05:14 PM) *
The good news is that the USA is finally turning the corner from the look of things which I'm very thankful for smile.gif

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/health/us-co...nday/index.html

Good news indeed. Let's hope and pray that we, as well as the rest of the world, can get around that corner soon. 🙏

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2021, 06:49 AM
More good news, the CDC says folks who have been fully vaxed after two weeks don't have to wear masks or distance anymore and can go back to living a normal life. Thank goodness. It's been a long time. I hope the rest of the world can join us very soon. I hope we give as much vax as people need away to help.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 12 2021, 10:28 PM) *
Good news indeed. Let's hope and pray that we, as well as the rest of the world, can get around that corner soon. 🙏

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 15 2021, 07:13 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Some concert tours scheduled for this summer and beyond. Onwards!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/concerts-return-2021/

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:23 PM