Sucks...
RIP Dime
Apr 7 2007, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
Sorry, I'm not trying to get attention, I just gotto get this out...

Recently some bad $h!t has happened in my life. My grandfather has passed recently, we were close and I loved him, it was pretty unexpected. Since my grandmother has moved into a retirement community, she misses my grandfather alot, and hasn't been doing much at all, and it really concerns me. My dog that I've had all my life has a huge tumor and will have to be put down soon. My cat that I've had all my life just died from a blood clot! I'm struggling with all this college-future-career stuff. And my girlfriend and I are having problems. sad.gif
*sighs* I'm usually a very positive person but I'm getting so overwhelmed by $hitty stuff that's it's been tough to stay positive. But don't get me wrong, I realise how good I've got it, and that there are many other people in this world that are having a harder time than me. And I am very thankful for the huge amount of opportunities and things I have.
But it's times like these that I can really tell what the things are that I can rely on. I know this because the things I use as a release I have improved greatly at(guitar), and the things I truly love I love even more(Heavy Metal). I just try to focus on the thing I do as a release, and the things I love. I just noticed while all these bad things have been happening, I have improved alot at guitar, I play cleaner, faster, and with more control than before. And my improvisation has also increased greatly. I have also renewed my love for many great bands. I no longer dislike a band just because they aren't as technically skilled as other bands, as long as there songs crush and sound great or catchy I love em now! Band like Static-X, and System of a Down I now see are great bands! Maybe the guitarists can't speedpick or sweep as well as Steve Vai or Yngwie Malmsteen, but they are just as skilled if not more at the thing that really counts: songwriting!(this is all my opinion) This has made listening to music even more enjoyable than before! biggrin.gif
So even really bad things have good in em. I think I'm dealing with it pretty well but any advice or any kind words would be appreciated.
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 7 2007, 02:46 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 7 2007, 05:01 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sorry to hear, that was a lot to deal with at the same time. Glad to hear you can use the negative find new positive stuff to apprciate.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 8 2007, 12:33 AM
Really sorry to hear. Bad sh*t tends to stack up like that in a certain period. Good things will come out of it though. And in bad times the blues is born wink.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 8 2007, 01:00 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Apr 7 2007, 07:33 PM) *
Really sorry to hear. Bad sh*t tends to stack up like that in a certain period. Good things will come out of it though. And in bad times the blues is born wink.gif

Yeah, a few years from now you will have the raw material to write some awesome songs, because you've been there and you can express that to others through music - a lot of people don't have that outlet, we do!

Keep it positive man, you have a lot of good stuff to say, I always enjoy reading your posts!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 8 2007, 01:09 AM
Hey I'm 14 and just lost my dad and grandpa and they were probaly 2 out of 4 people I was extremely close to especially my dad and I know how you feel and like Andrew Cockburn said I can now right songs with more passion and it's easier since I expierenced it. NOT saying I wanted it to happen but that was the only really extremely small positive part out of it. But I still miss him and know how you feel.'
At least ur grandpa's in a better place now! wink.gif And you know he's happy and proud of you!

This post has been edited by beebo: Apr 8 2007, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 9 2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
And beebo I'm sorry for your losses, just try to stay positive when things are down and thing will get better. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
guitargod
Apr 9 2007, 08:15 AM
sometimes life really dont go in our way,but end of the day we all know that we got to face life bravely,it is always hard especially when all the bad things are happening on us,sometimes when somethin really bad happen to your life,u will kind of realise that all the things that human pursue in this life suudenly becomes not impt,like wealth,fame,ego,all the human desire suddenly becomes not important when something bad really happens..My main message is that no matter what we are pursuing or doing in our life,be it whether we have big achievements or small achievements,end of the day,we got to treasure everything n everyone around us,i lost a buddy when i was in the army,sometimes things that are in yr life suddenly disappear away u just feel lost n lonely n hit by it...life is really short n we all should treasure everything around us to the max,take care all of u dudes!! remember when the going gets tough,the tough gets going...take care all my friends

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:20 AM