Charvel 2008, Have you played it?
Kuba Szafran
Sep 25 2008, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Hello, I've been searching for some charvel guitars and found these new series. They seem to be pretty good guitars, made in usa, good pickups (there's also dimarzio version - Tone zone(cool.gif, Evolution(n). They're quite new and I don't have any opportunity to test them. Have you played them? What are your opinions?
[/img]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kuba Szafran: Sep 25 2008, 10:45 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 25 2008, 10:51 PM
Instructor
I havenćt played them, but a quick look on the specs tells me that they probably have less bottom end, and more top for screaming leads, rather than chunky rhythm work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 25 2008, 11:41 PM
Instructor
I used to love these guitars about 10 years ago. I was really impressed with Charvel model 6. Charvel was a branch of Jackson at that time. These look really nice I am sure they are great guitars.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
bsamn
Sep 25 2008, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
i think these guitars are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.....and i mean WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 26 2008, 06:02 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Charvel is a fine brand, I have an old late 80's Japan made which is just great, teriffic quality that one. I think they are even better these days, people just don't realize it. The past San Dimas was imho a bit 80's retro and I guess rather difficult to sell. My local shop still have a few hanging on the wall since the past 5(?!) years, which is a shame.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Sep 26 2008, 06:44 AM
Wayne Charvel was using Warmoth parts for a lot of his early guitars.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 26 2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah these guitars are rediculously expensive.... for what? A super strat? I'd rather make one myself

+Quote Post
jer
Sep 26 2008, 03:20 PM
I used to have a Charvel 750XL.

Arch top, neck thru, GORGEOUS!!!!!

I kick myself daily for selling it....

With the prices on these new ones I'd be looking for a classic used Charvel like a 750XL or a Model 6.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Sep 26 2008, 03:34 PM
I played one of them with the Duncans. The action is very good and the neck is very fast. Since I don't like FR it was no guitar for me but they are really well made. I have an old Charvel ( 15 years or so) that has nearly the same setup and is built very much like these ones. The only thing that was stricingly different are the electronics. I liked my old one alot. But as I said I dont play guitars with FR any longer so it's not really my bag. Anyway the sound is good and I guess if you are a shreddy guy who needs a sound that cuts through the mix, you'll like it. I think it is to nasal and has quite some high bite (as stated above not alot of bottom end). I have the exact Duncan Combo on my Custom Telecaster HH and started to hate it a little bit. The output is intermediate and you get only moderate sustain and too many highs. I don't no why people like Duncans. If you want a little bit eighties sounding shred guitar get one. They are well made instruments that look sturdy and feel good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM