Pod Farm Help, Uninstalling and Reinstalling
thefireball
Apr 23 2011, 10:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi! I have a few questions. I use POD Farm version 1 and the icon for the application is messed up. The icon looks like it does when it's an unidentified program. It still opens the program though. When I tried browsing for the icon, it said it couldn't find the execution file. But I saw it in the proper folder. The application file has that same unidentified icon.

Should I uninstall and reinstall POD Farm? This won't mess with my tones right?...since they are in my documents. And it will know that I got the "Metal Shop" expansion afterwards too right?

So long as it doesn't mess with anything, I'll just do this. Thanks. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 23 2011, 11:57 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
That sounds like your best bet ... uninstall then reinstall.
To be 100% sure, you might want to make a backup of your tones. I think you're right though. If they are in a different folder, they are probably safe. Then again, backups are always a good idea. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 24 2011, 12:07 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JamesT @ Apr 23 2011, 05:57 PM) *
That sounds like your best bet ... uninstall then reinstall.
To be 100% sure, you might want to make a backup of your tones. I think you're right though. If they are in a different folder, they are probably safe. Then again, backups are always a good idea. wink.gif

Thanks! I'll try that! smile.gif

Yay! It worked! It didn't mess with anything. smile.gif Just gotta update a few things.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 24 2011, 01:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Just now upgraded to POD Farm 2. I finally figured out that I can do that since I activated this thing after October 2009. (per Line 6 notice)

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 24 2011, 01:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey man,

If you can Line 6 Monkey you can follow & make the updates from there easiliy. Thats what i do all the time smile.gif

Dogukan.

This post has been edited by quadrium: Apr 24 2011, 01:39 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 24 2011, 02:10 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeah, Monkey scans your conncted line 6 devices and software and checks your version numbers against the latest releases. It will perform the update automatically (after prompting you) if it finds that any of your Line 6 stuf isn't current.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 25 2011, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Also, they send lots of notification emails, so it's a good way to stay in tune with their new releases.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 25 2011, 01:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm...I didn't know Line 6 Monkey did it by itself. I have it, but I just check periodically for updates.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 28 2011, 08:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yes line6 monkey handles updates. I think all the updates and custom bought preset information is stored online and inside the device itself. So, you shouldn't loose any expansions you got, when doing reinstalls and updates.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 28 2011, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
That's what I theorized too, Bogdan. Everything was back to normal. The only think I didn't like was when I installed POD Farm 2 it put in all its presets that were also in the first version. The only difference is the new ones have volumn pedals in it; at least it appears that way. I guess I'll have to make a list and delete all the duplicates (old ones). I make my own presets anywaym; I rarely use the factory ones. I have been saving my own presets in with the POD Farm version 1 folders too, so, I can't just delete POD Farm 1 folder. I need to move all my presets to a special folder. That would make things much better.

Question: Can POD Farm 1 users not use my POD Farm 2 presets? It appears that upgrading them makes it longer backward compatible.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 03:39 AM