Pedal Board Update
mhskeide
May 18 2011, 09:03 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi guys! Long time since I have posted something here, or at all being active...so I thought I would start off again by showing of what my pedal board has ended up looking like smile.gif ....since I bet there are quite I few gear geeks who would like to see biggrin.gif

so here it is, my way too expensive pedal board, which I grow to love more and more each day!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 18 2011, 09:04 AM
GMC Founder
Wow looks awesome - I hope the sound is as well! =)

I habe been looking at that MXR delay pedal for a while =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
May 18 2011, 09:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 18 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Wow looks awesome - I hope the sound is as well! =)

I habe been looking at that MXR delay pedal for a while =)

thanks! It sounds great in my ears smile.gif we are soon finished mixing a demo, where I use a lot of the pedals... I can let you know when it hits the internet biggrin.gif

Regarding the mxr: At the music school where I go, with approximately 50 guitar players, almost 20 % has that exact same pedal! Really reliable, warm sounding and easy to use smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 18 2011, 09:50 AM
Instructor
Nice collection, interesting choice! smile.gif

That Echolution looks intimidating unsure.gif How does it work? smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2011, 09:50 AM
Instructor
I recorded my last lesson using the MXR Phase 90 biggrin.gif great stuff tongue.gif

Do you have any experience with the MXR Phase 45? i was curious to know how you felt the differences? smile.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 18 2011, 09:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mhskeide @ May 18 2011, 10:24 AM) *
Regarding the mxr: At the music school where I go, with approximately 50 guitar players, almost 20 % has that exact same pedal! Really reliable, warm sounding and easy to use smile.gif

Nice statistics smile.gif By the way what school is it?

QUOTE (mhskeide @ May 18 2011, 10:24 AM) *
thanks! It sounds great in my ears smile.gif we are soon finished mixing a demo, where I use a lot of the pedals... I can let you know when it hits the internet biggrin.gif

Yep what that pedal board you should definitely give us audio/video samples!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 18 2011, 05:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ May 18 2011, 10:03 AM) *
Hi guys! Long time since I have posted something here, or at all being active...so I thought I would start off again by showing of what my pedal board has ended up looking like smile.gif ....since I bet there are quite I few gear geeks who would like to see biggrin.gif

so here it is, my way too expensive pedal board, which I grow to love more and more each day!

Attached Image

Hey there, great to see you round the forum again! smile.gif

How is your bass playing going???

Awesome pedal board man, I would love to try that EHX octaver on bass! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
May 22 2011, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 18 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Yes, it looks very interesting, full of knobs & switches....

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
May 22 2011, 11:14 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 18 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Nice collection, interesting choice! smile.gif

Haha! It was quite intimidating as well! I had just read a bit about it before I went to USA. I tried one there for about 20 minutes, and immediately fell in love with the delay...and bought it, hoping that I some day would learn the rest of it tongue.gif
And believe it or not, it just took about two weeks with much noodling, before I knew all the buttons and how to use it properly! It`s still a ton of sounds I have yet to discover, but I am well on my way smile.gif

All the functions are too much to tell about, but some key features are:

*Analog delay with tap tempo
*The option to add additional delays at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1/3 and 2/3 of the delay time..which means I can have polyrhythmic delays, by for example engaging 1/3, 2/3 and 1/2, giving me a 3/2 polyrhytmical delay :
*Modulation delay section, so I can engage chorus or/and tremolo at my delay...which sounds incredible(!) in stereo!
*Reverse delay
+ much more!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 18 2011, 10:50 AM) *
I recorded my last lesson using the MXR Phase 90 biggrin.gif great stuff tongue.gif

Do you have any experience with the MXR Phase 45? i was curious to know how you felt the differences? smile.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

Yeah, I really dig the phase 90, particularly in front of the distortion/overdrive when playing dirty, sounds awesome!
Unfortunately, I have not tried the phase 45 yet. It it`s any help, I have tried the phase 100! Obviously, it has more options since it has more buttons, but for the general phase effect, I find the phase 90 warmer and nicer. In addition, it takes up less place in the board smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 18 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Nice statistics smile.gif By the way what school is it?

Yep what that pedal board you should definitely give us audio/video samples!

Its Trøndertun Folkehøgskole (people high school? tongue.gif). The school has one year studies for jazz, rock, dance and arts...and this year, they have started up an all new study for guitar! The ambition for that line, is that within 3-5 years, it shall reach such a high level, that it will also attract pupils from Denmark and Sweden, since it`s quite unique smile.gif

And about the demo: To my great sadness, I am now done with my year at that school. We were not able to finish recording or mixing everything, but at least all the guitar parts are recorded, so I will post the unmixed demo as soon as I get it smile.gif
I can also reveal, it has a pretty cool solo with tapping biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 18 2011, 06:34 PM) *
Hey there, great to see you round the forum again! smile.gif

How is your bass playing going???

Awesome pedal board man, I would love to try that EHX octaver on bass! smile.gif

Hi Bogdan biggrin.gif Thanks! I have been really busy at the school, and I`m not subscribing anymore to the site, so it has not been the first choise when online. Now that I am home for the summer, I`ll probably spend some time hear, maybe learn some lessons as well!...by ear though, until I maybe activate my subscription again and can see the full lesson tongue.gif

I have not played bass at all the last 9 months...I have dedicated all my musical time to the guitar, as well as I quit my band at home (where I played bass). I guess I will be playing a lot more in the time coming, since I will be doing some light recording at home, when not working this sommer smile.gif

And the EHX sounds pretty bad ass at bass as well, really funky!...though I use it for my seven string to play sludge metal biggrin.gif

Edit: While I was at it, talking about gear, I decided to take another photo shoot before cleaning up my room, now that I am home with all my equipment...which takes up quite a lot of space tongue.gif

So here: A photo showing where most of my money have gone the last years smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by mhskeide: May 22 2011, 11:15 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2011, 04:53 AM
Instructor
Your pedalboard looks amazing man! I'm very interested in trying the Echolution and the MXR Analog Delay. Are you using these ones in front of the amp or in the loop?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JVM
May 23 2011, 05:52 AM
Learning Roadie
Love the philosopher's tone.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 23 2011, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Wow, some great collection of gear there! Excellent! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
May 23 2011, 06:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 23 2011, 05:53 AM) *
Your pedalboard looks amazing man! I'm very interested in trying the Echolution and the MXR Analog Delay. Are you using these ones in front of the amp or in the loop?

For the time being, all my dirty tones comes from the Blackstar HT-Dual, so I don`t use any FX-loop at all. I just place the delays after the gain, and with that I`m saving myself from using more cables than I already do. smile.gif

And just to mention it, since I think it`s pretty cool: Since I have two delay pedals and play in stereo, I always leave the mxr on, with a very short delay, barely hearable. The mxr is just going through one of the amps, so it gives me a fatter sound and richer sound.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 23 2011, 01:11 PM) *
Wow, some great collection of gear there! Excellent! smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif I really love all of my equipment that I have now...my only concern is that I might be forced to sell something when moving later this summer :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 23 2011, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that! :/

Don't worry, gear come and go, but the fingers are always getting better! biggrin.gif My advice is: try as much gear as possible - you won't have any troubles making a good tone on ANY gear later on smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:35 PM