Grrrrrrrrrrr
Phil66
Nov 29 2017, 09:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Can we have a "Rant" board???????

I've just spent ages searching for some spurious transaction on my credit card. It came up Stripe Hatherleigh. Eventually found it, after spending my practise session time looking mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Why don't shops say "Your payment will appear as xxxxxxxxxx on your statement"??????????????????????

At least I've learned that Stripe is something like PayPal that vendors use to handle payments and Hatherleigh is the town where the shop is that I bought something from via mail order.

It doesn't help that my wife and I have a shared credit card account, each card has a different number but both on the same statement. The statement doesn't say which card is allocated to each transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Entire practise session down the pan mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 29 2017, 09:57 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 29 2017, 10:26 PM
GMC:er
That's AWFUL man. Having to waste an entire practice session on this kind of crap is just depressing. There are only so many hours in the day and the most precious is the time you have with your guitar IMHO. I don't have family/kids, so my guitar time is sacred. It's a change to commune with myself through music. If I don't get it, I'm a GRUMPY dude. sad.gif

I'm glad you found the resolution smile.gif The easy way to do this next time is to ask, at the point of sale, what will this show up as on my credit card? If the clerk doesn't know, have the clerk get the boss. Someone will know and when it shows up you wont' think it's a bogus charge.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 29 2017, 04:54 PM) *
Can we have a "Rant" board???????

I've just spent ages searching for some spurious transaction on my credit card. It came up Stripe Hatherleigh. Eventually found it, after spending my practise session time looking mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Why don't shops say "Your payment will appear as xxxxxxxxxx on your statement"??????????????????????

At least I've learned that Stripe is something like PayPal that vendors use to handle payments and Hatherleigh is the town where the shop is that I bought something from via mail order.

It doesn't help that my wife and I have a shared credit card account, each card has a different number but both on the same statement. The statement doesn't say which card is allocated to each transaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Entire practise session down the pan mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 29 2017, 11:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah Todd, I was savage mad.gif

Thing is it was one of those fully automated sites where you don't speak to anyone. The other thing is, I use this site every year, my wife likes her annual Christmas RavensburgerJigsaw puzzle (the best quality jigsaws available) and I've always got it from https://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk as their prices are great. Thing is, it's always down on the statement as "alljigsaws" so it didn't ring a bell with me with the Stripe thing.

Oh well, we live and learn eh?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:07 AM