4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
In The Style Of Michael Romeo, Request
FretDancer69
Feb 2 2008, 06:06 AM
GMC:er
Hello Instructors. I was wondering if anyone was up for a lesson in the style of Michael Romeo. It would be amazing if we could get a lesson in the style of him.

Here are some cool links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9QTg2VMqko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2804ggsI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaSrfJGXOUQ...feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 5 2008, 01:12 AM
So, anyone up for the challenge? ...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2008, 01:15 AM
I think what is important with power metal is the incredibly close synchronisation with the bass and keyboards. This could be captured in a Romeo lesson also.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 5 2008, 01:18 AM
MEGA CHOPS!

Muris or Pavel are best suited for this I would think..

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 5 2008, 01:24 AM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Feb 4 2008, 06:18 PM) *
MEGA CHOPS!

Muris or Pavel are best suited for this I would think..

agreed! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 5 2008, 01:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
In addition to Muris and Pavel, I think Marcus could be a good choose for this style as well. He is a Neoclassical God.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 5 2008, 01:50 AM
Heres a Michael Romeo style lesson.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36...h&plindex=0

And about as real as it gets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 5 2008, 01:54 AM
I listened to all three videos. I found nothing about him that was unique. Not one single thing. Why a lesson? I can give you one here. Play fast AP runs, pull the wammy some, and flll in some tapping. Done.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 5 2008, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 4 2008, 06:54 PM) *
I listened to all three videos. I found nothing about him that was unique. Not one single thing. Why a lesson? I can give you one here. Play fast AP runs, pull the wammy some, and flll in some tapping. Done.

Listen to Symphony X songs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 5 2008, 02:00 AM
He is an incredible metal guitarist that can synchronise incredibly quick runs with a keyboard harmonising. That is pretty special. The guy does have a lot of stuff about him that isn't unique but if you listen to some Symphony X songs you'll find them to be one of the best prog/power metal bands out there.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 5 2008, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 5 2008, 01:54 AM) *

Err, I would have to disagree even though I am not a HUGE fan of Romeo. He uses unique scales that you won't see in other guitarists for one, such as the Whole Tone, and Diminished. He uses a lot of extended chord arpeggios such as add9 and 11th chord, and sometimes creates them into tapping sequences. He modulates keys A LOT. He uses weird time signatures as well.

I've rarely seen him use the whammy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 5 2008, 02:01 AM
EDIT: Double post

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Feb 5 2008, 02:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 5 2008, 02:15 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 4 2008, 06:54 PM) *

i could give you many Paul Gilbert, and Yngwie Malmsteen lessons right here too.

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Feb 5 2008, 03:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 5 2008, 02:38 AM
Instructor
I'll give it a try,can't promise when tho,too many requests lately biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 5 2008, 02:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 5 2008, 02:38 AM) *
I'll give it a try,can't promise when tho,too many requests lately biggrin.gif wink.gif

May I wish you good luck ? wink.gif
I also would like to see a Michael Romeo lesson smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2008, 02:48 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (fkalich @ Feb 4 2008, 04:54 PM) *
Why a lesson?

Many people find his style unique and original, dont be so judgemental on the first listen, give Symphony X a listen, you might like them smile.gif . Just look at all the reasons Shellshock listed, are those not enough for a lesson?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 5 2008, 02:50 AM
Instructor
I've found Romeo's LEAD playing a lot more unique than Page's,
with this statement I'm gonna run and hide now...see ya!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 5 2008, 02:59 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 5 2008, 02:50 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
But muris why do you hide ? You are a ninja ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 5 2008, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 5 2008, 02:50 AM) *

I chuckled a bit actually smile.gif.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2008, 04:20 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Man i love page but Romeo > Page anyday ph34r.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:12 AM