New Idea For Guitar Routines!
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2013, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Hey guys. As many of you know, I am focusing my Army and also my Vchat sessions on Guitar Routines. Today I started applying a new idea with our GMCers Mad. He just joined my army an as he has only one hour nowadays for the routine I decided to give more priority to a technique each day. However the idea is to also play some time the other ones to keep you hands working on everything each day.

This is how it looks:

Always: - Warming up (5 minutes)

MONDAY:

- Alternate Picking (30 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (10 minutes)

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

TUESDAY:

- Alternate Picking (10 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (30 minutes)

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

WEDNESDAY:

- Legato (30 minutes)

- Theory (10 minutes)

THURSDAY:

- Legato (10 minutes)

- Theory (30 minutes)

FRIDAY:

- Alternate Picking (15 minutes)

- Sweep Picking (15 minutes)

- Legato (15 minutes)

- Theory (15 minutes)

Have you ever tried this? Any ideas or thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Mertay
Nov 20 2013, 04:42 PM
GMC:er
Hey Gabriel smile.gif

As easy it might look, its actually pretty hard to create a routine for someone but sure this can change in time depending on needs.

For warmup actually together with stretching and basic picking with metronome, maybe 10 min. can be preferable? Specially for beginner and intermediate level (personally) I give importance to stretching to avoid injuries. I sometimes write to a local forum (unlike here; most doesn't have any instructors) and almost every week one topic pops out complaining about injuries sad.gif

Sure there is nothing to be scared here cause as long as one doesn't skip warmups there is no reason for injury to happen smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 20 2013, 04:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2013, 04:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 20 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Hey Gabriel smile.gif

As easy it might look, its actually pretty hard to create a routine for someone but sure this can change in time depending on needs.

For warmup actually together with stretching and basic picking with metronome, maybe 10 min. can be preferable? Specially for beginner and intermediate level (personally) I give importance to stretching to avoid injuries. I sometimes write to a local forum (unlike here; most doesn't have any instructors) and almost every week one topic pops out complaining about injuries sad.gif

Sure there is nothing to be scared here cause as long as one doesn't skip warmups there is no reason for injury to happen smile.gif

Yes, there are two very important things in your post. The first one is that the routines in which we are working on, are all the time changing and evolving trying to be the most appropriated for each student at each moment. Regarding stretches, yes, it's a must for me to do this massages / stretches before starting a routine.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:08 AM