New Website In Construction, What do you think?
David Wallimann
May 2 2009, 04:03 PM
Instructor
As some of you know, I've been working on a new website design with new features.
This is the draft I have. It is still a work in progress but I wanted to gt your opinion before I launch it.
What do you think?
What should I add? What should I take out?
Is it clear enough?

http://users.bandzoogle.com/Wallimann/

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
del-4fr53e3
May 2 2009, 04:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
Looks good. I usually go to websites for biographies, releases and gear information, so that would be something to add smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 2 2009, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Very nice site David. Everything that a site for a muscian needs to have. You can buy stuff, there is forum, upcoming shows... I believe you will put more pictures and multimedia content and make it richer. I am not sure about the black background but if you like it then ok. I am fan of clean and not too fancy design but that's just a personal preference. Good job.

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ May 2 2009, 04:11 PM) *
Looks good. I usually go to websites for biographies, releases and gear information, so that would be something to add smile.gif

Yes, bio and gear would be great to include

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
sted
May 2 2009, 04:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very cool, like the music too (Obviously!) its got quite an abstract look to it which is eye catching, it looks professionally done and draws you in , the links are very easy to follow, theres nothing worse than DIY websites that you have to search all over the place for info.
Would you consider a video on your home page? I think that always holds the viewer if it triggers as soon as the page is opened like your music does on this one (I mean ask Kris about video impact! ARE YOU READY!!!!! lol every time!) just a suggestion of course biggrin.gif
I think this will be a great basis for building on and it is already added to my favourites!
One final thing though, if you are doing guitar workshops in the states, WHEN ARE YOU DOING THEM IN THE UK?!?! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 2 2009, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Looks very nice imo!

And as said before, adding more things about bio and gear would be top. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 2 2009, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Looks nice David !

I am not great fan of black background, it hurts my eyes a bit smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 2 2009, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
Looks good to me David and with the addition of the things everybody else has mentioned it'll be as complete as it can be!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 2 2009, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot guys!
Great suggestions about Bio and gear and more pics.
I kind of agree for the black background, it does hurt he eyes a bit!
Will work on these things. :-)

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 2 2009, 07:05 PM
I like it! Can`t even compare to old site smile.gif

As others said you might get more pleasant background, I agree smile.gif

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 2 2009, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 2 2009, 10:14 PM
Jazz Instructor
Looks nice!
You can start uploading tones of content smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
May 3 2009, 12:01 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Looks good to me David and the minor attributes that have been mentioned will make it even better! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
May 3 2009, 01:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
The site look good BUT, never ever anywhere on any support should you use the Comic Sans MS font... Especialy coupled with bold char weight. wink.gif

If you want to contrast from the Serif font you use in the menu you should use a Sans Serif font for your plain text, like Tahoma or Arial. A Serif will look more "baroque", like Times New Roman, which could be more your style. smile.gif

If you want to help people to have a good read with white characters on a black background you can add letter-spacing, line-height and write bigger (font-size). You can do that with some basic CSS codes.

Didn't know you are French btw ! We could speak French anytime... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Keilnoth: May 3 2009, 01:34 AM

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
May 3 2009, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ May 3 2009, 02:33 AM) *
The site look good BUT, never ever anywhere on any support should you use the Comic Sans MS font... Especialy coupled with bold char weight. wink.gif

If you want to contrast from the Serif font you use in the menu you should use a Sans Serif font for your plain text, like Tahoma or Arial. A Serif will look more "baroque", like Times New Roman, which could be more your style. smile.gif

If you want to help people to have a good read with white characters on a black background you can add letter-spacing, line-height and write bigger (font-size). You can do that with some basic CSS codes.

Didn't know you are French btw ! We could speak French anytime... smile.gif

I agree. I'm a fan of Verdana style, the best font for the web, in my opinion.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 3 2009, 01:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Looks great David! I agree with everyone else...black backgrounds with white letters make my eyes go buggy! I end up click and dragging the text to make it on white when I am reading it!

One minor thing I noticed is that in your first upcoming event, masterclass is missing the "r"

First one to post on your forum! WOOHOO!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 3 2009, 02:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Add a gear section, that's always cool tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 3 2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
I am working on these changes. I'll try changing background color sometime next week.
I'm doing this with bandzoogle which is template based, right now you can't customize the template but they are working on that feature this week.

I tried different fonts, what do you think?

--------------------
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
May 3 2009, 03:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like it David, new fonts are clearer smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Roadside
May 3 2009, 03:17 PM
Loosk quite nice, good luck with your new site, david smile.gif

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
May 3 2009, 08:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Much better ! smile.gif

Dunno what you can do on bandzoogle but did you try bigger fonts ? It will really help reading with a dark background. You don't need to change the background color. If you like black just keep it.

I think the problem on the homepage is the right column with the news. There is too much bold. White on black is hard to read but even more if it's bold. Because it become too bright. What you can try is to use gray for the titles.

You can use italic instead of bold for text you want to highlight. But don't use underline as it is use for the links. smile.gif

Hope this help you to find a nice design. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 3 2009, 09:09 PM
Instructor
I think it looks awesome David, the design of the site is really cool! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:37 AM