Symphony Of Destruction Solo
braer1
Jul 15 2010, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
Hey Zsolt! Im praticing the Symphony of destruction solo, and im really struggeling with playing the hardest arpeggio part clean, i can play it at up to temp, but then it is veeeryy sloppy. When i pratice with metronome i play at 80bpm with four notes a beat. Anny tips that would make me play it cleaner and faster??
And how fast is it at full speed? with 4 notes a beat.
Ill try to record a vid of it in the future days.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by braer1: Jul 15 2010, 12:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jul 22 2010, 03:37 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hi!

Sorry for the late respond, I had some internet problems.

That particular solo is a bit tricky. It's not that hard if you practice it the right way. I suggest you to break it up into more parts, and focus on each separately.

First learn only the first 8 notes at a slow tempo. It sounds like a sweeping, but knowing Marty, he probably playes it a bit differently than an average guitar player would play it. I suggest the following picking: Down, Up, hammer, down, up, hammer, down, DOWN. When you have it down, add the following 4 notes: down, DOWN, up, down. Now practice only these 12 notes.

You want to add the following 4 notes only if you are completely familiar with the previous ones. You might want to start practicing only the following notes from here. Slide, pull, down, up, down, up, pull, pull, pull, down, slide(down), down, hammer, pull, down up, down

Focusing at what you do will help you a lot, wondering thoughts are our enemies here smile.gif

The tempo is 140 bpm. Practice it at 80 bpm as long as you get completely comfortable with it. It might take a few days, but you'll eventually succeede. Remember, if you put your mind to it, you can acomplish anything.

Just let me know if everything was clear or if you have any more questions!

Cheers!

QUOTE (braer1 @ Jul 15 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Hey Zsolt! Im praticing the Symphony of destruction solo, and im really struggeling with playing the hardest arpeggio part clean, i can play it at up to temp, but then it is veeeryy sloppy. When i pratice with metronome i play at 80bpm with four notes a beat. Anny tips that would make me play it cleaner and faster??
And how fast is it at full speed? with 4 notes a beat.
Ill try to record a vid of it in the future days.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:08 PM