Bass Vsti Plugin, Cherche un bon
Unleech
Sep 22 2013, 11:23 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey there,

I am kind of struggling to find a good, efficient and simple virtual instrument bass. I need it to make draft of compositions and I don't want it to be a "mother of god sounding bass".
I currently use Nexus VSTi, with guitar pack, but it doesn't sound that great.
Virtual bassist doesn't work on my computer for some reason...

What VSTi do you guys use for Bass ?

Thanks!

Arthur

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Unleech: Sep 23 2013, 09:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jouve
Sep 22 2013, 11:49 AM
Learning Roadie
I was using spectrasonic trilian. It's really awesome one. But i like real bass more wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jouve: Sep 22 2013, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 22 2013, 12:17 PM
Instructor

I use it. It's very natural and works well with other plug-ins made directly for real bass instruments. It does not sound like a rock bass 100%, but it does the job

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 23 2013, 02:59 PM

+Quote Post
Unleech
Sep 22 2013, 12:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 22 2013, 01:17 PM) *

J'utilise celui-ci. Il est très naturel et fonctionne bien avec d'autres plug-ins directement pour instruments graves réels. Il ne ressemble pas à un crapet de roche 100%, mais il fait le travail

Mmmh merci, il a l'air pas mal du tout! Je vais test de suite !
En plus il est free... Il me faut juste un petit truc simple pour faire une petite basse. Trillian est un bien trop gros bazar, mais merci pour l'idée !

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 22 2013, 12:38 PM
Instructor
You are welcome. You have exactly the same reasons that I when I was looking for bass plug-in

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 23 2013, 02:59 PM

+Quote Post
Unleech
Sep 22 2013, 12:40 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 22 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Vous êtes bienvenus. Vous avez exactement les mêmes raisons que j'ai lorsque je cherchais basse plug-in smile.gif

Hehe, je l'ai testé. Il est parfait, c'est exactement ce que je cherchais pour faire des petites maquettes smile.gif
Merci !

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 22 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Anyway - big favour to ask. Please try to always write in English so later people with the same needs could find this topic helpfull smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleech
Sep 23 2013, 07:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 22 2013, 11:05 PM) *
Anyway - big favour to ask. Please try to always write in English so later people with the same needs could find this topic helpfull smile.gif

I know, I forgot it when I wrote this post. I am sorry, won't happen again smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
ha ha smile.gif Ok...got a deal! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleech
Sep 23 2013, 09:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 23 2013, 10:16 AM) *
ha ha smile.gif Ok...got a deal! smile.gif

I even edited the post. What a goodguy I am. ahah biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 09:59 AM
GMC:er
So which Bass VST did you go for in the end? I like the look of trilian...but I think you can only use that if you have midi guitar?

+Quote Post
Unleech
Sep 23 2013, 10:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 23 2013, 10:59 AM) *
So which Bass VST did you go for in the end? I like the look of trilian...but I think you can only use that if you have midi guitar?

I chose the 4Front bass VSTi.
It is free. It is very low CPU demanding. It is small.
You can't modify any setting, but is really what I was looking for (ie to make composition draft, and have a not-that-great bass, but a bass!). You can put after some OD or effects, to modify the sound if you need to.

Trillian must be a very good one. But I don't want spending money for that, and having a unnecessarily complicated VSTi was not my goal.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 10:19 AM
QUOTE (Unleech @ Sep 23 2013, 11:12 AM) *
I chose the 4Front bass VSTi.
It is free. It is very low CPU demanding. It is small.
You can't modify any setting, but is really what I was looking for (ie to make composition draft, and have a not-that-great bass, but a bass!). You can put after some OD or effects, to modify the sound if you need to.

Trillian must be a very good one. But I don't want spending money for that, and having a unnecessarily complicated VSTi was not my goal.

Ok thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 11:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleech @ Sep 23 2013, 08:41 AM) *
I even edited the post. What a goodguy I am. ahah biggrin.gif

God bless You for this! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 02:45 PM
Thats strange I cant seem to get 4 front bass to work through Reaper. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Never worked on Reaper so I have no idea where the reason could be:/ Maybe this plu-in is 32 bit and You're working on 64 bit DAW version. This would not work for sure

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 23 2013, 04:01 PM) *
Never worked on Reaper so I have no idea where the reason could be:/ Maybe this plu-in is 32 bit and You're working on 64 bit DAW version. This would not work for sure

No I've got the correct one for 64 bit and it doesn't work...never mind! mad.gif
Maybe someone else uses it through Reaper? Anyone? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 03:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 23 2013, 02:04 PM) *
No I've got the correct one for 64 bit and it doesn't work...never mind! mad.gif
Maybe someone else uses it through Reaper? Anyone? smile.gif

Did You check if it choose correct VST directory while installing? Maybe there is the problem?

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 23 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Did You check if it choose correct VST directory while installing? Maybe there is the problem?

I've actually had it installed on Reaper for a while and forgot about it...probably last time I saw it, it didn't work! I can open it in Reaper as a vst but it doesn't change the sounds at all.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Sorry for stupid question but - You use midi files and midi tracks of course right? I'm asking because it's not a plug-in for bass but just a sampler powered by midi files. Sorry but had to ask (sometimes the most obvious things are the reasons of the problem tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:48 AM