2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Open/not Full Collaborations List, Couldnt find one.. and could be usefull
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 5 2008, 01:22 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I am sorry, if this question is on wrong place/meaningless question - it already exists but:

I want to join some collaboration, but the problem is, that as it is, the collaboration section is kinda.. messy. My idea is, to divide it between:

1) Collaboration gathering point (think about concept, not name tongue.gif ) - a subforum where will be placed all non-full collaborations introduction/sing-up threads.

2) Collaborations - Uploads - that subforum is kinda obvious, isn't it? smile.gif

3) Collaborations - Mixdowns - obvious as well..

And based on section 1) make some sticky thread in forum and noticeboard in Activities section on main page with all non-full collabs. Maybeee even separate the collabs in gengres, so some GMCer looking for, say country collab could find what he is looking for with ease.

This will, in my opinoin, make it much more tidy and organized for everyone - from instructors, to attract members better and for members to find the most suitable collaboration, they want smile.gif

What do you think?smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Oct 5 2008, 01:26 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 5 2008, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hmmm collaborations is already a sub board of its own, all the active collabs are pinned along with the upload threads, in general now most of the collabs dont have a maximum joining up limit, when the new collabs are posted I usually go in and add "Active" to the topic title and pin them, whe they are completed I change it to "completed" and remove the pin.

perhaps the addition I could make is if the collab has reached its limit (if set) is to add "Full" to the title also?

But really other than that I dont think its that messy, and if you look at all the pinned collab topics it doesnt take much reading to work out which one you can join and which one is already full.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 5 2008, 02:40 PM
Learning Tone Guru
But what I meant is to divide the Active - thus full and running and not full - in need for other participants:)

Your "Full" prefix or we. in title would work well I guess wink.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Yes I do agree with Jakub that when there is a lot of collabs it can be a bit tricky for members to see and choose the active collabs for them, specially with doubled topics. However I think the splitting should be done so that there isn't too much subforums. If somehow the active collabs could be seen more cleanly I think that would be perfect. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 6 2008, 04:34 PM
I do see where Jakub is coming from but at the same time I dont think sub boards would work etc.

At first it would be fine as they`d be empty, but slowly as collabs are added and then completed etc, we`d pretty much be back to square one.

I`ll have a think to see how we can organise this better smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 04:36 PM
GMC:er
Maybe just have one pinned topic alongside completed Collabs of Active Collabs and split that into None Full and Full Collabs with links to the Upload and Participation thread. When it is complete transfer it to the completed and delete.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 6 2008, 04:37 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 6 2008, 08:26 PM
Learning Tone Guru
It doesnt need more work, than just putting note "Open"/"Running"/"Completed" at threads.. I dont know, who has rights to change thread names though..

But this shouldnt take too much work, as there arent dozens collabs at one time.. though in future this might get labor intensive.. i guess..

EDIT: OC's idea would be even more comfortable for maintaining and will be more.. straightforward smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Oct 6 2008, 08:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 09:37 PM
Instructor
I don't think "Open"/"Running"/"Completed" prefix should work."Open" and "Running" stand for the same thing IMO. I think older collabs that are completed should be off the collaboration board. Like the subboard inside the collaboration board titled "Older finished collabs". This is where all the FINAL MIX&COMMENTS topics could be forwarded into, while all the UPLOAD topics could be deleted, since they are not needed anymore since the collabs are finished.

PS This could also remove the need for the FINISHED COLLAB topic on the board, and the job of copy/pasting finished collabs into one topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 6 2008, 11:21 PM
ok, we arnt going to have any additional sub forums to the collabs board, the main problem I see with adding more boards is that it will actually become even harder to find, having to go through numerous boards to get to the topics etc, on top of that, I dont think deleting threads etc is the way to go either.

So, with that in mind we are left with the sub board of collaborations as it is, we just need to think of a way to tidy it up a little and make it more readable for people to find active collabs.

heres what happens at the moment, when I spot a newly started collab I pin it and add "active" to the title, (I agree that this is fine when theres is only a few collabs running but when we are running several collabs like there is at the moment the pinned topics become a little harder to define), once they are completed I change the title to "completed" and unpin them, the topic then usually sinks to the bottom of the pile.

So .. instead of the above, I`ll start ONE thread that I will maintain with a list of running collaborations, next to the title of each collab and its starter I will put the two links (one for the original sign up thread, and one for the uploads thread) and next to it indicate the collabs status (I generally breeze around these boards a lot so this wouldnt be a hard task to do)

so it will look something like this (just for example with the sign up & upload being links to the actual threads):

Muris Varajic - Blue Note in A collab (8 member limit) - "Sign up" "Uploads" Full & awaiting final mix

Nemanja Filipovic
- Dark Light Collab (no limit, deadline 25th Oct) - "sign up" "uploads" Running

A kind of trafic light system at the end to indicate full or currently running collabs.

This thread would be pinned and no other thread would need to be pinned, its a one stop shop for all the info with links you need I can keep this updated without a huge amount of effort.

the completed collabs thread (which is locked) would still need to be added to as before its nice to have them in one place as a collection, although perhaps it may be worth starting a new one each year or something so it doesnt get too long?

we`d only have a few pinned topics then "collaboration guidelines, Completed collaborations & Current collaboration information"

How does that sound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Oct 6 2008, 11:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Perfect! smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 6 2008, 11:21 PM) *
ok, we arnt going to have any additional sub forums to the collabs board, the main problem I see with adding more boards is that it will actually become even harder to find, having to go through numerous boards to get to the topics etc, on top of that, I dont think deleting threads etc is the way to go either.

So, with that in mind we are left with the sub board of collaborations as it is, we just need to think of a way to tidy it up a little and make it more readable for people to find active collabs.

heres what happens at the moment, when I spot a newly started collab I pin it and add "active" to the title, (I agree that this is fine when theres is only a few collabs running but when we are running several collabs like there is at the moment the pinned topics become a little harder to define), once they are completed I change the title to "completed" and unpin them, the topic then usually sinks to the bottom of the pile.

So .. instead of the above, I`ll start ONE thread that I will maintain with a list of running collaborations, next to the title of each collab and its starter I will put the two links (one for the original sign up thread, and one for the uploads thread) and next to it indicate the collabs status (I generally breeze around these boards a lot so this wouldnt be a hard task to do)

so it will look something like this (just for example with the sign up & upload being links to the actual threads):

Muris Varajic - Blue Note in A collab (8 member limit) - "Sign up" "Uploads" Full & awaiting final mix

Nemanja Filipovic
- Dark Light Collab (no limit, deadline 25th Oct) - "sign up" "uploads" Running

A kind of trafic light system at the end to indicate full or currently running collabs.

This thread would be pinned and no other thread would need to be pinned, its a one stop shop for all the info with links you need I can keep this updated without a huge amount of effort.

the completed collabs thread (which is locked) would still need to be added to as before its nice to have them in one place as a collection, although perhaps it may be worth starting a new one each year or something so it doesnt get too long?

we`d only have a few pinned topics then "collaboration guidelines, Completed collaborations & Current collaboration information"

How does that sound.

This was my great idea lol. My post above and i have to say its quite brilliant. Perfect idea tongue.gif biggrin.gif make things a lot easier.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 6 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 6 2008, 11:34 PM) *
This was my great idea lol. My post above and i have to say its quite brilliant. Perfect idea tongue.gif biggrin.gif make things a lot easier.

smile.gif yup in the main m8 smile.gif

its a little late tonight for me to sort through the collabs and organise a thread but it will be done tomorrow, and lets see how it works out smile.gif

Should be fine this way smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Oct 6 2008, 11:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 11:47 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 6 2008, 11:36 PM) *
smile.gif yup in the main m8 smile.gif

its a little late tonight for me to sort through the collabs and organise a thread but it will be done tomorrow, and lets see how it works out smile.gif

Should be fine this way smile.gif

I demand the thread to be called OCs Perfect Idea Thread lol. tongue.gif biggrin.gif im only joking of course biggrin.gif. It really will clear things up well and cut down on threads at top.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 7 2008, 01:20 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Ahh, cool way to tidy tings up, excellent idea m8 - love the traffic lights bit!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Oct 7 2008, 05:40 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Excelent guys smile.gif Thanks for your positive attitude and input smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 7 2008, 02:39 PM
Here you go https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...c=20324&hl=

Hows that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 7 2008, 02:40 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 7 2008, 02:39 PM) *

Good stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 7 2008, 03:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 7 2008, 03:39 PM) *

Awesome!, now it's really easy to know which collabs we can join, and it's also really easy to find the sign-up/uploads threads. Just perfect with the green/red thing. Niiiiice.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 7 2008, 03:13 PM
smile.gif cool, glad ya like it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 7 2008, 08:48 PM
Instructor
This is a great concept, well done guys for participation in this topic, and thank you Chris for making a solution reality.

One suggestion if I may. Maybe the use of monospaced font would make a difference, like Courier New or something. This would align the vertical lines and make the post look more table-like.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:49 AM