Some Opeth Work
fzalfa
Jan 18 2016, 10:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

Some know i'am an Opethaolic, i love this band.

I never try to learn one because, i tought(think) it was(is) too much difficult for my skill.

So i have discover the album Pale Communion, and i fall in love with.

And i decide to learn Faith for the Other some month ago, i give up because it was too much hard.

Some days ago, i give another try on, and today i know the "whole" track.

It need a lot of work because rythm is brand new for me, but i have a very good feeling with this tittle.

My Chords aren"t Perfect, some are not at the right place or right played.

I think my main issue is about timing or chords way of play.

I let you judge.

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2016, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good choice!

This sound is full of chord changes and arpeggios, so it's a great exercise for your current goal. The main issues here are exactly what you've commented here: timing, chord changes and cleanness. You are not playing the rhythm and changes smooth and tight with the song, and there are many chords that sound with some notes muted or not completely clean.

You need to keep on playing this one, idendity and isolate the tricky parts and try to notice what is giving problems. Most of the times can be extra unnecessary fingers movements, or bad choice of fingers. It's always helpful to check other cover at youtube to check this.

I also think that you should take small sections and work on them as a loop. Maybe 30 seconds each day. This will allow you to focus more on details.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 19 2016, 06:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi mate, good choice!

Yeah.... this song is great

This sound is full of chord changes and arpeggios, so it's a great exercise for your current goal.

Yes, and i'm very motivated with this one !

The main issues here are exactly what you've commented here: timing, chord changes and cleanness. You are not playing the rhythm and changes smooth and tight with the song, and there are many chords that sound with some notes muted or not completely clean.

This is a very early record, of course, i need a LOT of work around this song, but i think it make me better when i'll can play nicely

You need to keep on playing this one, idendity and isolate the tricky parts and try to notice what is giving problems.

I'll start to deal with playing chords clean, and then, Chord change and timing

is it the right way ?

It's always helpful to check other cover at youtube to check this.

unfortunatly, they are few, very few..... including me, Utube count only 3

I also think that you should take small sections and work on them as a loop. Maybe 30 seconds each day. This will allow you to focus more on details.

Yes good idea !!

DEAL !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2016, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
This type of thing benefits from being played very slowly at first. Make sure you keep time, with a metronome or speed drill software, but play very steady and very evenly. Also break the song down in to sections. Usually I'll break a song down in to four or five sections depending on how each I feel about it. That way you can contain each section and work on them by themselves til you are ready to bring them back together and increase the speed. But so far so good!!

Todd

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 21 2016, 12:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 21 2016, 02:33 AM) *
This type of thing benefits from being played very slowly at first. Make sure you keep time, with a metronome or speed drill software, but play very steady and very evenly. Also break the song down in to sections. Usually I'll break a song down in to four or five sections depending on how each I feel about it. That way you can contain each section and work on them by themselves til you are ready to bring them back together and increase the speed. But so far so good!!

Todd

Hi Sarge

Yes i'll do in this way, like you describe and Gabriel too

the goal is to play it alone and to sing on

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 21 2016, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

I have start to work on another Opeth tittle, i do not do dispersion, but i think it's complementatry to work two different track.

so this is a previous from my futur cover of" In my Time Of Need", i have learn it in one hour

i have discover it in a booklet i have buyed last week, "Deliverance & Damnation", i'm in love with

Attached File  in_my_time_of_need.mp3 ( 9.83MB ) Number of downloads: 142

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jan 21 2016, 10:24 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2016, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Damnation is my favorite album by Opeth. Good choice!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 22 2016, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
yes a very good one, heritage , pale communion, damnation, ghost reverie are awesome too !!!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 23 2016, 11:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
good luck learning these songs Laurent smile.gif Ive tried to learn a few Opeth riffs, some of their songs are quite difficult. Pale communion is an amazing album, 'moon above sun below' is the most perfect song Ive ever heard cool.gif every single note and lyric in that song is awesome!
Ive tried to play 'in my time of need' the chord at the end of the verses is really difficult!

Blackwater Park is another great album. It was the songs 'Bleak' and 'Harvest' that really got me hooked on Opeth.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jan 23 2016, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
good luck learning these songs Laurent smile.gif

Thank you Bleez !

yes Opeth is on a THE band, Mikael Åkerfeldt is an awesome guitarsit and song writer

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:17 PM