> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Easy AC/DC, Lesson By Adrian Figallo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

carminemarotta
Apr 24 2012, 10:15 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Easy AC/DC by Adrian Figallo

Dear Instructors I have been struggling with this lesson for a while. I could not do better than this. Wait for your comments to play it better. Thanks in advance, Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
hey Carmine! This take is slowly building up and I can see you are working hard to pull a good one out of it wink.gif Now, what I see as a main issue, is the fact that you are not dead on with the chords - there's that little latency - when you strike the chord you are not quite in time. Not too much, but enough to be heard.

Have you tried to tap your foot when practicing this one at slow speed, so that you may feel the groove and automatically the exact moments when the chord changes occur? I remember we spoke about this in your thread

keep on rocking and please let me know if there's anything I can help you with

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 25 2012, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Yo Carmine !

As C-Maestro says, the chord hits are sometimes slightly late. Also, you're very hesitant when playing them.. try to make your strumming hand move a bit more. Don't be afraid to hit the occasional unwanted string as you will get better at targeting the exact strings you want. The rhythm can usually be found easier when you take bigger swings with your strumming/picking hand smile.gif

The other things is to try and stay on the chords a bit longer before changing them, if you can. I know it can be hard because you've got to think quite hard about moving your fingers to the next shape but if you work on this you'll reduce the gaps between chords until you're moving more seamlessly. Good work, keep at it !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. This lesson needs some more work, mainly to adjust your timing but also to get a better sound of each chord. You are not going tight with the backing,most of times you play the chords a bit after the beat. Also your strumming is a bit weak and in some cases (for example the G chord) you are not playing all the notes that you should play with your pick. My suggestion is that you use slower backings to concentrate on this things. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 26 2012, 09:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine ! A few shots already I notice the same thing - the guitar is too loud compared to the backing! It seems to me that this is maybe your problem with a timing. Crank up the backing, and let the rhythm take you !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 27 2012, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Hey! I like this one! You did a good job learning it! I have to agree with Cosmin about the chorus and timing!
I can hear that you are on the right track! It takes time sometimes even more than you are expecting! Just keep practicing it using a metronome and you will get it right!

+Quote Post
skennington
May 7 2012, 07:27 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
close man, 7.2

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:37 PM