4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Get Funky Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Great job, Jouve! I liked the backing track, but I could never come up with anything fitting for it. Well played, everyone!

Man, you are definitely discrediting yourself too much smile.gif You are a good player and you should try things - I am sure you could've came up with something really nice over the funky track as well - all you have to do is try it in the future wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 23 2014, 02:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Man, you are definitely discrediting yourself too much smile.gif You are a good player and you should try things - I am sure you could've came up with something really nice over the funky track as well - all you have to do is try it in the future wink.gif

Arh, I didn't mean it as if I didn't try. I just got stuck in playing something I didn't like over it - something that didn't sound too good, but I couldn't get rid of the idea still. I try over most backing tracks for collabs smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 23 2014, 01:35 PM) *
Arh, I didn't mean it as if I didn't try. I just got stuck in playing something I didn't like over it - something that didn't sound too good, but I couldn't get rid of the idea still. I try over most backing tracks for collabs smile.gif

That 'stuck' you need to get over that - by that, I mean, you should learn to accept that there is no 'perfect' take - there is of course, the 'perfectly executed' take, but in respect to composition and phrasing there can always be a feeling that - hey, I could've done better. You could, but NOW, this is the best there is smile.gif Enjoy it and share it with the rest - you never know how you will evolve by doing that smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 23 2014, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 04:27 PM) *
That 'stuck' you need to get over that - by that, I mean, you should learn to accept that there is no 'perfect' take - there is of course, the 'perfectly executed' take, but in respect to composition and phrasing there can always be a feeling that - hey, I could've done better. You could, but NOW, this is the best there is smile.gif Enjoy it and share it with the rest - you never know how you will evolve by doing that smile.gif

Thanks for the words, man. I'll definitely keep it in mind for any upcoming collabs. Maybe I'll even try and get a take in for this collab, though of course it's over and all, but the backing track is still there to be explored.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 24 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 23 2014, 03:46 PM) *
Thanks for the words, man. I'll definitely keep it in mind for any upcoming collabs. Maybe I'll even try and get a take in for this collab, though of course it's over and all, but the backing track is still there to be explored.

Great idea - please do and also share it with us! I for one am uber stoked with funk biggrin.gif It's THE party music!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 24 2014, 10:22 AM
Learning Roadie
but I could never come up with anything fitting for it. Well played, everyone!

You know, i felt the same way. I couldn't come up with anything special smile.gif. So i just played some pentatonic phrases, and stole 1 lick from another brick in the wall biggrin.gif
I certanly agree with Cosmin, just have fun with it. Sometimes you can play music by playing with music. Just have fun, that's all about it smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:10 PM