Artificial Intelligence In The Studio, Can it really replace humans?
Phil66
Mar 4 2021, 07:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is just the tip of the iceberg. I can see it possibly helping people that don't fully understand things but will it ever compostela replace humans?

What do you think? Have you tried any yet?

https://collective.focusrite.com/blog/in-th...al-intelligence

Here's some of the Focusrite A. I Plugins.

https://collective.focusrite.com/products/fast-equaliser

https://collective.focusrite.com/products/fast-reveal

https://collective.focusrite.com/products/fast-compressor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 6 2021, 07:59 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2021, 06:45 AM
GMC:er
I think we are going to see more and more of this type of thing. Already, we have things like OZONE that can help a lot with very little human intervention. It's only a matter of time until plugins get way more predictive/responsive and start selecting presets by themselves based on musical context.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 5 2021, 03:27 PM
I think Brainworx (plugin alliance) has also got some type of 'smart' mastering software in development.

It's nothing new really. Just an evolution. Even in the days of exclusively using hardware, specific 'mastering' amps, EQs, M/S enhancers, noise reduction and compressors were developed to help with the final product. If you have EQ, Saturation and Compression plugins, look at the presets. You'll see stuff like Master Bus +2db or Pumping EDM or Wide Stereo or whatever. When you think about it, a compressor is an automatic leveling device. The first one in 1937 was quite the 'magic box' at the time.

I know several pro engineers that use the Izotope/Ozone mastering tools. They say that they like it as a rough start and they tweak 'by hand' from there.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 5 2021, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 5 2021, 03:41 PM
Focusrite worked with Sonible and likely these are using part of their tech. .

I use AI but only if its faster to work with. For example, Neutron (Izotope) is capable of auto-adjusting a levels in a mix but cause setting up takes too much time I don't prefer it (maybe I would if I dedicated all my system to to neutron).

I made a topic on Voxengo Teote sometime ago, not exactly AI but has some auto-functioning going on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 6 2021, 08:02 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 5 2021, 02:27 PM) *
I think Brainworx (plugin alliance) has also got some type of 'smart' mastering software in development.

It's nothing new really. Just an evolution. Even in the days of exclusively using hardware, specific 'mastering' amps, EQs, M/S enhancers, noise reduction and compressors were developed to help with the final product. If you have EQ, Saturation and Compression plugins, look at the presets. You'll see stuff like Master Bus +2db or Pumping EDM or Wide Stereo or whatever. When you think about it, a compressor is an automatic leveling device. The first one in 1937 was quite the 'magic box' at the time.

I know several pro engineers that use the Izotope/Ozone mastering tools. They say that they like it as a rough start and they tweak 'by hand' from there.

Yeah, I can see it as a shortcut towards the final result but maybe never taking over fully, then again, never say never wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 6 2021, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 6 2021, 12:02 AM) *
Yeah, I can see it as a shortcut towards the final result but maybe never taking over fully, then again, never say never wink.gif

Definitely.
In the old days (up until probably the mid 60s) a mastering engineer was the guy that took the mix and maybe EQ'd it a bit so that the low end didn't make the tone arm jump off the vinyl and the high end wasn't ear splitting. They were also the lathe cutters for the initial acetate.
Stuff has evolved a lot since then and is continuing to. I think that with forms of music where there's a general overall consensus on how most of an audience likes to hear it - radio pop lets say or trad jazz - as long as the recording quality and the mix is decent to good, AI will most likely do a fine job with mastering.

It's the same with your computer. For most folks who don't engage in specialized work, the factory default settings work great.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 6 2021, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:23 PM