> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2013, 07:20 AM
Instructor
Aahh, the Staind song smile.gif Aaron happens to be one of my favorite vocalists and yes, you should definitely warm up - I will show you some tricks of course - in the next video wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2013, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Hey there my Deutschelandian friend biggrin.gif

Check this out:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 13 2013, 06:16 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks my romanian friend!

I think I get what you mean...still have to get comfy with using the back muscles. I tend to squeeze too much and then I sound like I was in the gym and trying to sing at the same time...which doesn't sound good.

But I'll get there!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2013, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Great! It would be awesome if you could record a video in which I can see your whole body while singing - you know, the Estil Voice Training System is all about learning how to use your body to power up and perfectly control your singing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 17 2013, 05:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Will do!

I think I am getting the hang of it slowly...still have to figure out how much pressure to use, but I feel it's getting better.

Now, do you usually record your vocals standing up? Cause I always sit down when I sing (mostly because I can't put a strap on my acoustic guitar)...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2013, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Always standing mate! Always! I will tell you about other techniques - one of them being called 'anchoring' which will provide even more power and sustain. But it needs you to stand up smile.gif

Listen, I was thinking, can you record yourself standing up and singing a selection of parts from various songs that require different levels of back muscle effort - as you see them? smile.gif It would help you build up a comparison and know your body a little better in respect to singing wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 25 2013, 09:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin!

Here are two more videos. First a cover of a boysetsfire song, I really love that one.
And the second video is the one you requested...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2013, 09:12 AM
Instructor
hey Krise!!

I see more power coming out of you but still, you are not even 40% there biggrin.gif The power that your body will give you will be more and more obvious once you realize where your comfort zone is and especially once you realize how to open your throat - that is a technique called belting. It's not easy to master it and I for one still have moments when I feel I can't hold a realistic grasp on it, so I won't bring it up just yet.

For now - in order to bring more clearness in your singing, try to emit the sounds while holding a pencil in your moth - all that you sing must come from OVEr the pencil and not underneath it smile.gif

In the first vid, your tendency of not bringing the sound forward is most obvious, so please practice singing, without the guitar at first, with the pencil - don't worry about the words, but try to sing with vowels and imagine how the sound is emitted in such a way that it goes over the pencil not under.

Ok? smile.gif These things have a tendency to sound a bit mysterious and unclear sometimes, but trust me - singing, more than any other instrument, is based on learning how to control and feel your body!

I can see you using your back muscles in the second video, but you can do much more - it still feels like you are holding back smile.gif Tell a story when singing, don't sing without intention! It's like in sword play - never execute a form just for the sake of executing it, do it with the intention to cut down your opponent!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 27 2013, 05:11 PM
Learning Roadie
What a brave man you are Christian, putting yourself out there in the big wide world with your vocal progress.

If you don't mind me butting in here and there.

As Cosmin said about using your back muscles, You are breathing in and filling your chest with air, this will constrict and tighten your throat/chest vocal chords etc, your shoulders shouldn't move, breath from your belly!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 27 2013, 05:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Creepy, my thread got hacked by an irish dude!!!

Just kidding, I'm really greatful for your input! As everone else, I'm here to learn and I'm glad for every advice I can get.
As usual, I tried your tipp right away and it really helped, so thanks a lot PB!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2013, 07:55 AM
Instructor
PB is right, you should use your belly or diaphragm as it is scientifically called, to push the air from - don't sing with the air coming out of your chest - for instance all those nifty fry screaming examples you might've seen are done by pushing the air from the diaphragm.

Alongside with your back muscles it will give your singing a lot of power!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 15 2014, 02:19 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Was ist das?

The german is reviving this thread with a bunch of new vocal covers biggrin.gif

two german songs:

And if you've made it this far, you deserve a special treat:

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2014, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Her Christian - it looks like you had A LOT of spare time on yer hands biggrin.gif

Mate, I can hear improvement smile.gif Your vocal technique is a bit more rounded than before and you chose a wide range of songs. I particularly enjoyed the Vertical Horizon one. Watch out, as there are still some little note height issues, which are the most obvious in the Adelle cover smile.gif

Otherwise, I would like to see more complex guitar arrangements. I feel that you have reached a moment in which you need to push your arranging skills a bit smile.gif

What do you think?

I also have two live versions of Billy Jean and The Best of You that I have performed 2 weeks ago in a charity event:

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 07:53 AM