7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Which Recording Interface?
Mertay
Feb 24 2016, 06:04 PM
GMC:er
Congrats and its nice that you liked it visually smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 24 2016, 09:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Mertay, it is stunning in real life, looks much much bettre than the promo pics and the youtube videos.

Just installing it. It's going on my shelf about my desk with the PreSonus one side and the GT001 the other smile.gif

UPDATE:

WOW!, so much software with it blink.gif

UPDATE:

Ooops, clicked everything in the Time And Tone bundle. Nightmare now with unlicensed items laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 26 2016, 08:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2016, 06:57 AM
The scarlet is a wonderful line of kit and has the legacy of decades of engineering behind it and the vendor will support it for years unlike other vendors (avid/alesis/etc) so find choice smile.gif Which exact unit did you pick?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 24 2016, 09:03 AM) *
The Scarlet bad boy has arrived, looks a lovely piece of kit, nice and solid and the red brushed aluminium is gorgeous biggrin.gif

Won't get much time with it until tomorrow though sad.gif

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2016, 08:10 AM
Thanks Todd,

I had the 18i8, it's built like a tank smile.gif

Messed up with some of the plugins though, when the dialogue box came up for which of the Softube plugins to install, like a plum I clicked "all", now I keep getting iLock notifications saying they aren't available. I have access to some but I can never remember which laugh.gif

Got to sort that out tonight dry.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2016, 10:30 PM
Managed to record and playback through Reaper smile.gif

Then realised that the audio in Reaper was still set to GT-001 so when I unplugged cables I got no sound from Reaper. Changed the device settings to Focusrite and now Reaper just keeps freezing sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
It freezes so badly, I can't even "end process", I have to reboot system sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 25 2016, 10:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 25 2016, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 25 2016, 09:30 PM) *
Managed to record and playback through Reaper smile.gif

Then realised that the audio in Reaper was still set to GT-001 so when I unplugged cables I got no sound from Reaper. Changed the device settings to Focusrite and now Reaper just keeps freezing sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
It freezes so badly, I can't even "end process", I have to reboot system sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Best is uninstalling reaper and downloading the newest version. Did you also checked is asio is selected instead of wma and a not so low buffer size?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 25 2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks Mertay,

I'm going to try reinstalling Reaper first. I changed the driver to "Focusrite USB" and it froze immediately, it won't even open to allow changes now. When I used task manager I couldn't end program so I tried end process and got an "access denied".

I'm a bit fed up about it to be honest but I'll get it sorted. Got to move forward smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2016, 12:29 AM
Such problems are normal on system component change but crashing so bad does look bad smile.gif did any DAW came with the soundcard? if the problem happens again might be worth trying with another DAW too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2016, 06:39 AM
FIrst off congrats on the i8! Things to try smile.gif

1.)Uninstall the drivers/software for the i8
2.)Unplug the device you were using as a recording interface from USB and leave it out till you get the i8 working.
3.)Reinstall the drivers software for the i8
4.)Reinstall reaper
5.)set reaper to use the i8 for input and output.

Then try recording and playing back through the i8 using the inputjacks on the front. If you want to use your guitar processor, plug it in the front jacks of the i8. YOu can plug in two jacks if you like to make it stereo smile.gif

Let us know how it goes. Sounds like the rig may be confused as to which usb driver to use/load.

Todd

[Egad!quote name='Phil66' date='Feb 25 2016, 05:43 PM' post='727860']
Thanks Mertay,

I'm going to try reinstalling Reaper first. I changed the driver to "Focusrite USB" and it froze immediately, it won't even open to allow changes now. When I used task manager I couldn't end program so I tried end process and got an "access denied".

I'm a bit fed up about it to be honest but I'll get it sorted. Got to move forward smile.gif

Cheers

Phil
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks Todd. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 25 2016, 11:29 PM) *
Such problems are normal on system component change but crashing so bad does look bad smile.gif did any DAW came with the soundcard? if the problem happens again might be worth trying with another DAW too.

Thanks Mertay, it came with Albeton which I really don't like.

I've just reinstalled Reaper but it won't even open, it's stuck on the "Initialising main window" splash screen so I can't even get into it to set it up at them moment.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 25 2016, 11:29 PM) *

Thanks Mertay,

It came with Albeton live 9. I've just reinstalled Reaper and I can't open it, it is stuck on the "Opening main window" splash screen, so I can't even get into it to set it up, I can't close it either, see below. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Scarlett mixer control which is hte driver for the 18i8

Did a reboot and getting this too.

I've got to go out for a couple of hours now but I'll try again later on.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 26 2016, 06:07 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2016, 07:31 PM
Did you uninstall the gt001 software? after an uninstall a re-start is usually good even if windows doesn't ask this. Its also good to close stuff like web browsers, virus programs while installing...

Also, if you right click the speaker icon next to the clock on windows you should see playback settings. Select it to see if windows recognises it as its main sound device.

It might be reaper related but I suspect previous drivers collided in the windows system.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Feb 26 2016, 07:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks Mertay,

Just got back, was out for three hours not two but had some good nosh wink.gif

While I was tucking into my Tex-Mex steak I had a brain wave. I always thought this wouldn't matter but I tried it anyway when I got back. I had plugged the USB cable into a POWERED hub, now I thought these things were safe, as they are powered but I thought "I'll just give it a try anyway, you never know!"

Anyway, I've just plugged the Focusrite into a USB port from the motherboard and it's working fine. Got to hook up the GT-001 to it now and see if that works.

Cheers folks

UPDATE:

Haven't tried the GT-001 yet, PC works fine when first switched on, if I use Reaper, then shut Reaper down, I get no sounds from anything else. No system sounds, no youtube. Currently talking to their support.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 26 2016, 09:28 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2016, 09:44 PM
Thinking audio while eating steak, you're on the right path for sure biggrin.gif

Good luck with the support, I hope everything gets solved.As for the latest issue my guess would be a program related to focusrite isn't closing the reaper is closed but lets see what their support guys have to say...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 09:53 PM
Thanks Mertay.

Here is the transcription. Just a simple conflict in the end but to me it might as well be quantum physics laugh.gif I have to say, I would recommend Focusrite purely on their support. In my country it's available from 1pm to 1am. Perfect biggrin.gif

Louie
20:26:07 Hello. How can I help you today?
Phil
20:26:11 Hello Louie
Phil
20:26:28 I've just installed my 18i8 but I have a couple of problems.
Phil
20:26:57 My computer works fine when I switch it on.
Phil
20:27:37 When I use my DAW and go back to using my computer normally I can't get any sound, no system sounds, no youtube sounds, nothing.
Phil
20:27:43 What can I do?
Louie
20:28:03 Can you please inform as to what type of computer you are connecting to? Is it a Mac or PC? What version of the OS are you currently on?
Phil
20:29:14 PC, Windows 10
Louie
20:30:12 Just to clarify, you can hear audio from your DAW but from other sources on Windows 10 PC correct?
Phil
20:31:12 I can hear ALL sounds when switched on UNTIL I use my DAW. Once I have used my DAW I can get no other sounds without restarting the PC.
Louie
20:31:54 Ok. Seems that the Sample Rates may not be matching.
Louie
20:32:01 What is the sample rate in which you use your DAW in?
Phil
20:32:47 Ahhh, I do get a message saying "device sample rate could not be changed because the following devices are playing audiodg.exe"
Phil
20:33:22 Is it fixable?
Louie
20:34:06 Where are you getting this message?
Phil
20:34:16 I have to say, I'm fairly new to this. I have used a much simpler setup previously, a Boss GT-001 which had one input, either mic or guitar.
Phil
20:34:42 I get that message if I open up my DAW when I have a youtube video playing
Phil
20:34:49 It appears in my DAW
Phil
20:35:48 I am only using the 18i8 for all sounds, not the soundcard in the PC
Louie
20:36:04 Ok.
Louie
20:36:14 Please stop playing audio from Youtube.
Louie
20:36:32 Open your DAW and plays some audio. Then launch MixControl and let me know what the sample rate is set to.
Phil
20:36:45 OK
Phil
20:38:50 Ahhh, that has shown another issue. It seems that I can't run my DAW either once I have come out of it and tried to play a youtube video. It opens up fine but won't play sound. Not only that but the line that goes along the wave form as it plays isn't moving.
Phil
20:39:12 Ahh hang on
Phil
20:39:32 I have just closed mixer control and the DAW is working.
Louie
20:39:57 Ok. Please launch it again and then let me know the Sample Rate.
Phil
20:40:05 44.1 khz
Louie
20:41:47 Ok. Can you please close all applications that play audio.
Phil
20:42:01 Done
Louie
20:42:22 Once that is done please follow the steps below:

To change the sample rate of your Windows settings please follow the instructions below:

- Navigate to Control Panel > Sound > Playback > Right click on your interface> Properties > Advanced. Under Default Format change the Sample Rate to that of your DAW. Press Apply and then OK.

- Navigate to Control Panel > Sound > Record > Right click on your interface > Properties > Advanced. Under Default Format change the Sample Rate to that of your DAW. Press Apply and then OK.

This will change the Sample Rate in your Windows settings so that it matches that of your DAW.
Phil
20:44:21 Done
Louie
20:44:51 Ok. Please launch your DAW and then test.
Louie
20:45:00 We want to make sure you are still able to play audio.
Phil
20:45:07 That works
Louie
20:45:32 Can you please try to play audio from Youtube.
Phil
20:46:00 Yes that works too.
Louie
20:46:31 Seems you are good to go.
Phil
20:47:14 Thank you so much, you have been excellent. I'd like to say this live help is brilliant. Thank you.
Louie
20:48:09 Happy to help.
Louie
20:48:12 Please let us know if we can assist you further. We are more than happy to help.
Louie
20:48:13 Have a great day!!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2016, 10:23 PM
Whoa thats pretty cool! thats the stuff I want to see before I buy any gear, excellent service from focusrite!

Save this solution for future referance as incase you start recording 96000hz sample rate then probably you'll need to do that windows setting again. Now enjoy recording smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 10:36 PM
Yeah thanks Mertay, I have saved it in the Focusrite software folder smile.gif

Brilliant service eh?

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2016, 10:42 PM
Definitely! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2016, 06:43 AM
Glad to hear your rig is back at it!!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 26 2016, 04:36 PM) *
Yeah thanks Mertay, I have saved it in the Focusrite software folder smile.gif

Brilliant service eh?

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 27 2016, 09:47 AM
Thanks Todd,
Me too smile.gif Really impressed with their support and perfect hours for me, 1pm to 1am smile.gif
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:43 AM