Any I-rig Users Out There?, Making videos and recording with just IPhone
Jim S.
Jun 25 2014, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Since the dearly departed 06 macbook I'm searching a way to put together a decent audio recordings. If I do get Irig is it worth it to buy the better one? It's either $19-$35-$100.

ONce you do get a recording have you synced it with a video from only your phone? IMovie app perhaps?

Finally any good drumming software for phone?

Thanks for any advise on the matter!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 12:46 AM
GMC:er
I'm one of the few "Mac Folks" that I know of here @ GMC though I'm sure there are others smile.gif And one of the few guys with an iphone that's in to recording and such. I've started a thread about it in my forum with my experiences using various interfaces and apps smile.gif Here is a link.

As for the irig, I"ve heard good things smile.gif I use another device that's reviewed in the thread. The best app imho is JAMUP PRO as far as iphone based guitar rigs go. But they are all worth at least a try smile.gif

You could try to record on jam up, shoot a vid with your phone, then cut it all together using iMovie on your phone but I gotta say, that's a LOT of work for a 4 inch screen sad.gif

If you can upgrade to even an ipad, you can use the AURIA app which is a full on DAW! There is even support for plugins like OVERLOUD.

So then.

Here is a KILLER web site with wads of resources for iOS music recording/production smile.gif

http://www.ipadmusic.com/apps/daws-for-ipad/

Here is my thread with wads of reviews/links etc. for iphone/ipad music production smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...iphone&st=0

here is a vid about the AURIA app for iPad. AMAZINGLY powerful, 48 tracks!!

Here is a vid all about getting going with mobile music production.

That should get you going! Gonna post this in my thread as well smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jun 25 2014, 08:48 AM) *
Since the dearly departed 06 macbook I'm searching a way to put together a decent audio recordings. If I do get Irig is it worth it to buy the better one? It's either $19-$35-$100.

ONce you do get a recording have you synced it with a video from only your phone? IMovie app perhaps?

Finally any good drumming software for phone?

Thanks for any advise on the matter!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jun 26 2014, 11:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Todd thanks for the great write up! I haven't yet but plan to look into your videos soon. I did order the I-rig stomp mainly because I know Amplitube and when I get a new computer (hopefully before September) I'll be able to use it too.

I really can't wait to get a new I-Mac and use final cut and logic again. My old computer was freakishly slow and never could keep up. Thanks btw.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 01:09 PM
GMC:er
Happy to help smile.gif Hopefully, mobile devices can suffice til your new rig arrives smile.gif The good news is, with a irig stomp and phone/tablet, you can record/practice/etc. in fine style til your new beasty arrives smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jun 26 2014, 06:17 AM) *
Hi Todd thanks for the great write up! I haven't yet but plan to look into your videos soon. I did order the I-rig stomp mainly because I know Amplitube and when I get a new computer (hopefully before September) I'll be able to use it too.

I really can't wait to get a new I-Mac and use final cut and logic again. My old computer was freakishly slow and never could keep up. Thanks btw.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:05 PM