2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Perfect Pick For You?
Todd Simpson
Jul 10 2014, 01:49 PM
GMC:er
Amen to that!! smile.gif That's the VONHOTCH INVADER!! and it's a beast smile.gif I use it sometimes myself. I rotate the von picks around now and then as each has a different tone wink.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2014, 02:59 AM) *
Second row, second on the right wink.gif The only difference is that mine is black! But the tone and the feeling are unmatched by any pick I have used so far! 21 gun salute to VonHotch!

Pointy and Thick!! Hard to go wrong there smile.gif Fine aspects for killer picking IMHO! smile.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 10 2014, 03:56 AM) *
Started playing with those generic picks that are found on the ground at guitar center. Moved into the popular Jazz IIIs. My current ones are a long the preaching of Todd, using a sharp pick. Instead of rubbing it on the carpet I just bought Tortex Sharps I use to use the purple ones you have listed, but they tend to blend a bit in with my brown carpet so I moved up into the white ones which are also a 1.5mm thickness.

Great to see my perpetual banging on about the importance of the RIGHT PICK is working!! smile.gif Folks are finding the picks that work for them which is a WONDERFUL thing. The Dunlop Sharps are very handy and serve as a "Gateway Drug" to "boutiqe" handmade picks smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 10 2014, 06:01 AM) *
Im another convert to the preachings of todd biggrin.gif I got some of the white dunlop sharp 1.5's. Initially I was using them just for alt picking exercises but I really took to them and use them all the time now.
I also have the JP jazz iii and one of Von's Octavious, which is really comfortable to use but I do tend to go for the dunlop sharps now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 10 2014, 05:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Those JPs are nice, the only thing that puts me off is on high gain and on a bridge pickup I get a fair bit of chirp. To me it just seems to interfere with the sound. I really love the size and the polished tip was a great idea.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2014, 02:10 AM
GMC:er
Depending on the pick and especially the angle, you can get some CHIRP. Usually the chirp is more due to the angle of the pick strike itself. Adjusting the angle of attack of the pick as it addresses the strings can minimize this to a great extent smile.gif

QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 10 2014, 12:31 PM) *
Those JPs are nice, the only thing that puts me off is on high gain and on a bridge pickup I get a fair bit of chirp. To me it just seems to interfere with the sound. I really love the size and the polished tip was a great idea.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2014, 07:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 10 2014, 12:49 PM) *
Amen to that!! smile.gif That's the VONHOTCH INVADER!! and it's a beast smile.gif I use it sometimes myself. I rotate the von picks around now and then as each has a different tone wink.gif

Indeed man! biggrin.gif I was talking to Von a few months ago and it would've been outworldly if he could imprint the Days of Confusion logo on the picks - I think those would've been EXCELLENT merch items. I already gave away an Invader at a Domination gig to a dude that wanted a pick and he was totally blown away - Is this made out of metal????? Yes it is and it totally rocks!

He wrote a PM on Facebook telling me it was the nicest pick he ever put his hands on biggrin.gif

Aside acoustic playing, where I use a very light pick (0.6) I am only using the Von Hotch picks wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 11 2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah so far my thoughts are going to be using the Von (I like the name cos my whole name is Mith Von Voodoo) for my electric playing and maybe the V-Picks for my acoustic and maybe bass.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 11 2014, 10:33 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 11 2014, 09:02 AM) *
(I like the name cos my whole name is Mith Von Voodoo)

coolest name ever! cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 11 2014, 11:26 AM
lol yeah wasn't what I was born with but started as a online gaming name then evolved into a DJ name then into a stage name. only people that know my real name nowdays are my parents lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:58 PM