2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Dl (david Laboga) Cabinet - 2x12" Standard
Darius Wave
Oct 18 2013, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Just got this little 2x12" beauty smile.gif It's made in Poland by David Lobaga. He seems to get a lot of new users lately - including a bunch of famous bands. It will perfectly fill the gap between small and the big rig. Powered by two V30. Soon some tests coming out smile.gif

Attached Image

First, amateur playthrough wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Oct 18 2013, 01:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 18 2013, 09:21 PM
Tone Seeker
Like!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2013, 01:57 AM
GMC:er
Never heard of the brand before now, but I say the more obscure/boutique gear one can collect, the better!!!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 18 2013, 06:22 AM) *
Just got this little 2x12" beauty smile.gif It's made in Poland by David Lobaga. He seems to get a lot of new users lately - including a bunch of famous bands. It will perfectly fill the gap between small and the big rig. Powered by two V30. Soon some tests coming out smile.gif

Attached Image

First, amateur playthrough wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2013, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hey D-man wink.gif Glad you like it. I have a friend who is a LaBoga endorser, check him out here:

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 19 2013, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Todd - yeah...butique gear really rocks smile.gif Brand is pretty fresh - David is a son of Adam Laboga smile.gif

Yesterday made a qucik audio demo:

https://soundcloud.com/dariuswave/dl-2x12-guitar-cab-quick-test

Cosmin - since last few years I saw many cool artists playing Laboga amps but it's Adam who makes Amps (very old and good Polsh brand) and David focuses on the cabinets and cables by far smile.gif From the other hand - Adam makes cabinets too smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2013, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 19 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Todd - yeah...butique gear really rocks smile.gif Brand is pretty fresh - David is a son of Adam Laboga smile.gif

Yesterday made a qucik audio demo:

https://soundcloud.com/dariuswave/dl-2x12-guitar-cab-quick-test

Cosmin - since last few years I saw many cool artists playing Laboga amps but it's Adam who makes Amps (very old and good Polsh brand) and David focuses on the cabinets and cables by far smile.gif From the other hand - Adam makes cabinets too smile.gif

Oooh - very interesting smile.gif I had no clue that it's actually a father/son venture! Anyway, I love what you did there in the soundcloud and the tone is great!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 20 2013, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Thanx Cosm! Also I start to loose the believe of dynamic mics being best choice for the guitar. Since some time I'm experimenting with condenser ones and I seem to like the results. Especially when I setup the amp eq while speakers playing directly in front of me (at the ear height). Then I put the mic about 50 cm from the cab and...I got exactly what I heard live while SM57 prioryze the midrange + we never actually listen to the cab with our ear right next to the coil of speaker..so why should be record this way? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 21 2013, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 20 2013, 09:56 AM) *
Thanx Cosm! Also I start to loose the believe of dynamic mics being best choice for the guitar. Since some time I'm experimenting with condenser ones and I seem to like the results. Especially when I setup the amp eq while speakers playing directly in front of me (at the ear height). Then I put the mic about 50 cm from the cab and...I got exactly what I heard live while SM57 prioryze the midrange + we never actually listen to the cab with our ear right next to the coil of speaker..so why should be record this way? smile.gif

Hey D-man, interesting stuff tongue.gif More often than not, we use the Palmer Speaker sim onstage as it's safer due to the restrained time regarding the soundcheck - you know how it is usually when it comes down to the time allowed for soundcheck laugh.gif ... Have you tried the Palmer?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 21 2013, 02:36 PM
Instructor
No I haven't tried but I'm up to fix something about my guitar transmition to P.A. I do not trust sound engeneers sad.gif It's not about their expirience, but just a matter of different preferences. Also...every time I hear the guitar in monitors (very rare situation but sometimes necessary) I pray for my guitar notto sound THAT UNGLY on the front speakers :/ I know that with separated stage and front console i can get just a rough sound from the mic...but I'm never sure :/

I'm used to setting up the guitar tone with my face straight in front of the speaker so I would hear exactly what is my direct tone. This worked many times in studio and on stage where I could go in front and listen to my guitar (those cool days with extra long soundcheck before gig). But sometimes it doesn't work this way. That's way I was considering some dI box with cab sim or just an extra cab with one speaker and mic closed up (simialr to the one that guys from Kemper used to profile amps).

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 07:22 PM
Or just skip all that and get a Kemper smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 21 2013, 09:36 AM) *
No I haven't tried but I'm up to fix something about my guitar transmition to P.A. I do not trust sound engeneers sad.gif It's not about their expirience, but just a matter of different preferences. Also...every time I hear the guitar in monitors (very rare situation but sometimes necessary) I pray for my guitar notto sound THAT UNGLY on the front speakers :/ I know that with separated stage and front console i can get just a rough sound from the mic...but I'm never sure :/

I'm used to setting up the guitar tone with my face straight in front of the speaker so I would hear exactly what is my direct tone. This worked many times in studio and on stage where I could go in front and listen to my guitar (those cool days with extra long soundcheck before gig). But sometimes it doesn't work this way. That's way I was considering some dI box with cab sim or just an extra cab with one speaker and mic closed up (simialr to the one that guys from Kemper used to profile amps).

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 21 2013, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 21 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Or just skip all that and get a Kemper smile.gif

I will handle the challange anyway smile.gif)) Idea of devices like Kemper or Axe save people in some situation...who knows, maybe someday.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 10:24 PM
Just another tool for the bag of tricks! You can get a rack mount version of the kemper and of course the Axe FX, and just use as much or as little as needed per gig right? You could always just use the fx section of either one just to replace a pedal board and reduce clutter/cables/etc. and skip the cab/amp sims and use your actual amp for a gig, or if you are finding trouble with the sound quality/venue/sound guy, use the amp as a stage prop and just give the output of the kemper/axe fx to the sound guy.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 21 2013, 04:44 PM) *
I will handle the challange anyway smile.gif)) Idea of devices like Kemper or Axe save people in some situation...who knows, maybe someday.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 21 2013, 01:36 PM) *

I get you mate wink.gif I've been there and I was wondering 'what if my guitar sounds that horrendous on the PA?' laugh.gif But fortunately, I usually have enough time to get down in front of the PA and hear the tone - in Days of Confusion we help each other with that usually, as we all know what the guitar should sound like.

With Domination it's the same and as a plus, I know pretty much all the sound engineers which I am working with and they know what I want - one of the advantages of living in a small country that doesn't have many sound engineers, especially rock oriented ones laugh.gif The only bummer occurs when we are the opening act of a large international band and the soundcheck is happening on the run..

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 22 2013, 08:39 AM
Instructor
I also though for a moment to make a "Steve Vai solution" - monitor with guitar speaker biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 09:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 22 2013, 07:39 AM) *
I also though for a moment to make a "Steve Vai solution" - monitor with guitar speaker biggrin.gif

Aaa! I heard about some dedicated guitar monitors, which are not cabinets, by the way biggrin.gif Do you know anything about them? I think Mesa Boogie makes them...

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 22 2013, 10:27 AM
Instructor
I think I would not go for anything special - I would just buy some cheap chinesse monitor with angled back and replace the speaker biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2013, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 22 2013, 09:27 AM) *
I think I would not go for anything special - I would just buy some cheap chinesse monitor with angled back and replace the speaker biggrin.gif

Haha! Found it - it's called Mesa Boogie Recto Wedge:

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 24 2013, 09:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 23 2013, 07:14 AM) *
Haha! Found it - it's called Mesa Boogie Recto Wedge:

Hell Yeah! This is the answer biggrin.gif

Just made another demo, with different amp :

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2013, 10:28 AM
Is that the TAURAS STOMP AMP? Seem very spiff smile.gif High gain amp in a Stomp box!!! If it's the one I"m thinking of smile.gif Also, is that a condenser mic? Looks like a nice condenser either way smile.gif i LOVE condenser mics on guitar amps. They are so full range that it's hard to go back to a SM57. The only thing that compares is

1.)SM57 at cone
2.)Sennheiser E609 on Conde Edge

Mix those two and BINGO!! IT sounds like a nice Condenser mic smile.gif The 57 gets all the nice MID and the 609 gets all the sparkle/bite. Blended together it's very nice. smile.gif But honestly, a nice condenser can still sound better. The only reason people used to be hesitant on condenser mics is that the older ones did not take as much sound pressure level as a 57, and they were so much more expensive. Now, you can get a good condenser mic pretty cheap and they take plenty of sound pressure level smile.gif Use an MXL990 and have not used my SM57/58/Beta58 ever since.

Here is a pic for demo.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 24 2013, 04:50 AM) *
Hell Yeah! This is the answer biggrin.gif

Just made another demo, with different amp :

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2013, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Great tone man! I love the 'cling cling' that is heard throughout all the tone combinations you create. It's that warmth and shape of the tone and punch that is truly what I like biggrin.gif Very nice playing and musical statement of the tone!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:18 PM