3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Jazz Competition, 2nd place - thank you Gmc
Pedja Simovic
Jan 31 2009, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hello GMC,

I just received an email from owner of truthinmusic website. I finished closed second and don't yet know who won it. Around 20th of January I had 250 votes ahead of 2nd placed contestant and frankly I don't know what happened within those 10 days. Here is email I got from owner :

Hello Pedja
it was a very close finish, but you came in a very respectable second against a top player...though you didn't win..you should be very proud. This still should be a big feather in your cap for the attention you received. Over 3,000 more people now know about Pedja Jazz guitarist, from Serbia.

Please send me all your contact information..address etc. so the John Coltrane 6 CD set can go out Monday to you.

All the best,

Chris

I have to add that I feel down now as this came as shock to me. Thank you all for voting and I am off to thank my friends from myspace and facebook as well.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 31 2009, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
Damn, if feels like if I had remembered to vote those days I forgot you could have won, but nevertheless, second place is great, and well. Congratulations, even though you didn't win, as it says there, more people know about you know and that's always good, right?

Second place is awesome though, congratulations.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 31 2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 31 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Damn, if feels like if I had remembered to vote those days I forgot you could have won, but nevertheless, second place is great, and well. Congratulations, even though you didn't win, as it says there, more people know about you know and that's always good, right?

Second place is awesome though, congratulations.

Thanks man... I guess you are right...
I am not fighting for recognition nor anything like that. I got acclaimed at places where it mattered for me (London GI and Berklee in Boston)... Other than that I have been on TV's and Radio's in Serbia and satellite since I was 17-18 years old.
The point I am trying to make is, it doesn't console me that 3000 more people know about me smile.gif

Thanks anyways for voting , that was really cool of you to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 31 2009, 06:02 PM
Bro, really I did what I could sad.gif

It sucks to be 2nd this close...

Well congratz, maybe better next time...

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 31 2009, 06:04 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Congratulations for placing second.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 31 2009, 06:12 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Congratulations on second place mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sorry to hear that bro. sad.gif I know how much you wanted to win. Keep you chin up and hold your head high. You are still 1st place here at GMC with us. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 31 2009, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Second place is very good mate. I should have remembered to click 20 times a day smile.gif Sorry

These competitions are about how many family members you have to click for you. I don't think those guys play better than you. We know who you are.

Well done

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 31 2009, 06:42 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys but I honestly don't know what to feel now. After 250 votes lead and people voting every day, I can just wonder how did I loose that lead. Did people really vote for me ? Or is owner of the site hiding something...
If people didnt vote for me , I accept not 2nd but last place - but I find that very hard to believe it. My friends and family from my town voted, my myspace and msn friends and even you guys from GMC voted. So there were votes in my favor every day one way or the other...
I think it has to do with the owner of the site. He is paying those prizes from his pocket. He obviously never organized something like this and was totally new to everything. Just think about how there wasn't thank you page after voting for 3 weeks or so into voting. Not even to mention voting statistics that show like on Guitar Idol etc.

Lots of suspicions , I even wonder if owner will pay anyone 1000$ , whoever won it ... He might send them all same email I got and claim somebody else won it smile.gif That way he just needs to send 6 cd's to 6 people and he is all set ...

I was really thinking by reading your responses guys I would feel better, but honestly I am very upset and emotion right now, so I will take a brake today and cool down a bit if its possible.

Thank you all

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 31 2009, 06:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Even if you´re not satisfied with the 2nd place, we know that you are a great player. smile.gif Congratulations anyway!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 31 2009, 06:58 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I know it won't make you feel better Pedja, but congrat's anyway. You had nothing to loose here so remember that. smile.gif Tbh, I can't help but to think those votes are skewed in some way or another. Maybe I'm wrong, but just a gut feeling....For what it's worth, I felt your entry Won!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 31 2009, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Maybe it's true that the site owner knew who was the winner even at the start of the competition. Don't worry about that too much.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 31 2009, 07:20 PM
It's a competition, what's the big deal? You're still a great player - why were you banking on winning?

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 31 2009, 07:23 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
You know 250 votes aren't much. You could vote more times on Yourself dedicating few hours/one day for that. This is the biggest drawback of these kind of internet voting..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 31 2009, 07:30 PM
Instructor
That's why I never wanted to apply for Guitar Idol. When I won the Guitar Hero UK 2005 there was no public voting. 3 rounds playing in front of judges only and the final was live on stage with the audience but again only judges voted. That was much more fair than these family and friends oriented competitions.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 31 2009, 07:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hold your head up Pedja you are a great player. I never really liked the thought of music competitions. Music is such a subjective thing. If you are going to have a competition though it think what Emir said about only judges voting and not family and friends would be the fairest way to do it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Jan 31 2009, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Congratulations Pedja smile.gif!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 31 2009, 11:33 PM
Instructor
2nd place is I think great achievement for you Pedja, so you should be very proud I think. Congratulations, and wish better luck next time mate.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 31 2009, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Congrats Pedja, I'm sure you will win next time! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Jan 31 2009, 11:40 PM
congrats to the second place, you are a great guitarist, that is what matters smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:43 AM