> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Adam M's Thread, for Gab's Army
Adam
May 30 2019, 02:23 PM
Learning Roadie
I found another video on Tornado of Souls but this time it shows the learning process. I think it's VERY interesting to watch because until now I've only had my own perspective of learning. It terrified me how he could tell the Locrian Mode right away by just hearing it! He also recognized Harmonic Minor so fast. This scale has distinct tone to it but I would have to break it down and probably play it as a box pattern to identify it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2019, 04:14 PM
Instructor
That's an excelent video! It's very easy to learn and follow the solo from it and it's also a very good ear training. Good job finding it! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adam
Jul 25 2019, 02:43 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 25 2019, 02:15 PM) *

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll copy your post in here to have it easily accessible in our thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2019, 02:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 25 2019, 10:43 AM) *
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll copy your post in here to have it easily accessible in our thread.

I can add more lessons over or below the level of these ones, just let me know if you need it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Jul 25 2019, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 25 2019, 02:46 PM) *
I can add more lessons over or below the level of these ones, just let me know if you need it.

I think we have plenty to work on for now. I had to take a long break from playing guitar at all, so making up for the lost time could take a while.

I was thinking, maybe You could paste all the lessons we started to the first post, so it's easier to keep track of? I know there's a lot of them and I didn't even finish one of them yet. But that's all the more reason to work harder!

I think if I was to take on any more lessons, it would be definitely on the same level or below until I get the hang of it.

I made a list of all the lessons I'm working on:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/30-Beg...er-Blues-Licks/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Your-First-Metal-Solo/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bendin...Friedman-Style/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Him-Style-Love-Metal/

This post has been edited by Adam: Jul 26 2019, 03:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2019, 09:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Adam, I've just copied this list of lessons to the first post. Is that what you've asked for?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Jul 28 2019, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2019, 09:22 PM) *
Hi Adam, I've just copied this list of lessons to the first post. Is that what you've asked for?

Yes, thank you very much!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2019, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 28 2019, 02:57 PM) *
Yes, thank you very much!

You're welcome!! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 1 2019, 01:21 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2019, 07:03 PM) *
You're welcome!! wink.gif

I was thinking, maybe we could update my Lessons Log in that post, both completed and in progress, if that's not much of a problem for you.

I just wanted to keep you updated about why things progress so slowly on my side: I'm practically done with university now, just minor changes in thesis to make, but I had to re-organize my room and throw away what I no longer need. I want to adapt the room to be a bedroom studio while at it, so it takes a lot of effort. There's a lot to look through.

Also, my collab bits should be up soon-ish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2019, 03:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 31 2019, 09:21 PM) *
I was thinking, maybe we could update my Lessons Log in that post, both completed and in progress, if that's not much of a problem for you.

I just wanted to keep you updated about why things progress so slowly on my side: I'm practically done with university now, just minor changes in thesis to make, but I had to re-organize my room and throw away what I no longer need. I want to adapt the room to be a bedroom studio while at it, so it takes a lot of effort. There's a lot to look through.

Also, my collab bits should be up soon-ish.

Sure! I can add it. Please share the current status here and I'll copy it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 14 2019, 12:00 AM
Learning Roadie
I tried it for some time and I know this won't pass REC but probably the only way to pass eventually is to submit fail videos and learn from them.

I found some more lessons that are simple enough for me but I'll try at least pushing the ones I'm already on. I'm happy to say I submitted my finished thesis and I'm waiting for the advisor's response, so it's officially OUT OF THE WAY! I can focus on things that actually matter to me now! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2019, 09:51 PM
Instructor
Hi Adam!! Congrats on submitting your thesis! 😊

I can see that your take on Picking hand basics is not bad at all. You are getting closer. Remember that you need to record yourself over the backing track for REC. It’s important to know that the main purpose of sharing takes at REC is to receive feedback from different instructors, so go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 16 2019, 10:35 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 15 2019, 08:51 PM) *
Hi Adam!! Congrats on submitting your thesis! 😊

I can see that your take on Picking hand basics is not bad at all. You are getting closer. Remember that you need to record yourself over the backing track for REC. It’s important to know that the main purpose of sharing takes at REC is to receive feedback from different instructors, so go for it!

Hi! I've submitted it for REC, as you suggested.I know it's not a passing take but as you say, the feedback I get is the only way to improve smile.gif Moving on to another lesson while I'm waiting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2019, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 16 2019, 06:35 AM) *
Hi! I've submitted it for REC, as you suggested.I know it's not a passing take but as you say, the feedback I get is the only way to improve smile.gif Moving on to another lesson while I'm waiting!

Excellent! I'll grade it there. I've also seen that you shared takes for the collab! Well done mate!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 18 2019, 12:01 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 17 2019, 01:21 PM) *
Excellent! I'll grade it there. I've also seen that you shared takes for the collab! Well done mate!!

Thank you!

I should be have the cover of HIM tomorrow if nothing goes wrong! It all really goes much smoother since I got thesis out of my head.

I was really impressed by your response video to Onetabmat's take in the Collab. I'm not sure if it's the YJM vibe or something else but I'd really love to get to that point in my own playing. The only way is to work hard learning basics one by one and no shortcuts, isn't it? I tried learning sweep picking without these basics and I only wasted my time, so now I'm taking the long way and hope for the best smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2019, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Yes Adam! The secret is to practice every day. I've been a big fan of Malsmteen when I was starting to play the guitar so my main focus was to learn his licks and techniques. Then, I continued learning and exploring guitar. But his style is part of mine.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 18 2019, 03:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 18 2019, 01:45 PM) *
Yes Adam! The secret is to practice every day. I've been a big fan of Malsmteen when I was starting to play the guitar so my main focus was to learn his licks and techniques. Then, I continued learning and exploring guitar. But his style is part of mine.

Being able to play like YJM, or in this genre in general is my long-term goal. I'm trying to listen to Classical music every day, learning theory bit by bit, I've got quite far in Todd's Bootcamp and I'm practicing the lessons on our thread's front page and this is my practice routine, if that's the appropriate name. I don't have a fixed schedule.

If I understood Mr Vai correctly, Learning with guitar is as important as learning without it. His book is a real gem and lately it comes in really handy!

Thank you for the response in REC thread. All is clear and I'll move on to practicing it the way you recommended. I will update my progress accordingly.

This post has been edited by Adam: Sep 18 2019, 04:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2019, 03:33 PM
Instructor
That sounds great mate! Let me know when you are ready for a new routine!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 20 2019, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 20 2019, 03:33 PM) *
That sounds great mate! Let me know when you are ready for a new routine!

There's always the right time to make changes and I'm fired up and ready smile.gif

I shoot a HIM video but apparently the tab file and the song's tempos are a bit different. I'll try again I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2019, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Great! Could you please make a list here with all the GMC lessons that you've worked and the current status?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:25 AM