> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Sumitnxt's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2016, 11:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Sumitnxt! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army, my mentoring program.

We've been talking a bit via PM so I can sumarize this:

- Practice time: 6 hours per day

- Musical taste: I am a Classic rock fan- i love Guns n roses , Eric Clapton, Santana , Gary moore, Deep Purple, Jimi H , Led Zep. and all great guitar players of all times.

- Goals: Learning stuff specifically for performing to an audience / stage. My aim is to learn 5 to 6 songs completely including rhythm and solo parts.

Could you please share some videos of you playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 4 2017, 08:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
hi Gabriel,

you started this thread for me long back ( 7 months ) . I was not able to follow.
Now I am ready . Please allow me to enter your mentoring program.
(Just like to add my goals are still the same. )

here are two of my current videos in which i practice two lessons from GMC

AP thirds workout by Muris

classic ballad bending by Ivan

Please set some goals for me

bye

sumit

Ps. here's another one i am practicing these days - intro section of Little Wing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Feb 4 2017, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2017, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Nice to hear from you here!

Yeah, we can start working! smile.gif

Those videos are really helpful to let me know your current playing, thanks for sharing. Could you please write a list of 10 songs that you'd like to learn playing? It doesn't matter if some of them are too difficult.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 6 2017, 08:37 AM
Hi gabriel,

i have no experience in performing for an audience. so i am not sure which songs i should choose.
I have created a list of 50 songs that i like. which i am attaching as a text file.

Although I am afraid how many of them are relevant according to my requirements which are -

1. I don't want to work on songs that would take huge time to finish learning because i want to start performing to a live audience ASAP.

2. Also in near future i want to approach club owners etc. who'd be interested in hiring me for performances so I'd like to choose songs that
should work well in such situations.

3. Gab since you have performed live you can understand that without having done that i am not in a good position to make these choices. so i am a bit confused.

Bye

Sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  List.txt ( 1.08K ) Number of downloads: 91

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2017, 04:48 AM
Instructor
Ok, I think that we can start with one song and I'll add complementary exercises or lesson if they are needed to master the song. Two good ones to start are

- Sympathy for the devil
- Little Wing

I think that the first one can be easier. Would you like to start?

You can use any Youtube tutorial, and I can send you tabs via PM if necessary.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Feb 7 2017, 03:58 PM
hey thanks GAB,

i feel much better after reading your response.
i am excited to start working on sympathy for the devil

I have a video tutorial on the song so i can begin on my own.
will keep you update.

bye

sumit

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 8 2017, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Nice! Enjoy it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Apr 20 2019, 04:57 PM
Hi Gabriel,
its been a while since last time I was active on GMC. I request some bit of mentoring again, for improving improvisation and ear training, etc. Can we start with how I can approach to create a solo line over this random backing track that I like? I have no clue which key it is in and I have deliberately chosen this track because I think it might be a bit challenging to solo over.
((Attached a file))

In my opinion, I don't think I should even need to know what key this piece is in. I think if I play around the fretboard even without knowledge of scales or chords I can build a very simple ballad kind of melody.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  backingTrackforSolo.mp3 ( 2.23MB ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 22 2019, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to hear from you!

We ca definitely work on your improvisation skills! Playing over the backing without knowing the key or scales can be tricky. It's a good ideo if you are composing a solo but knowing the key and chord progression can be helpful if you are planning to improvise over it. Don't you think so?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Apr 22 2019, 09:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 22 2019, 07:00 PM) *
Hi mate! Nice to hear from you!

We can definitely work on your improvisation skills! Playing over the backing without knowing the key or scales can be tricky. It's a good idea if you are composing a solo but knowing the key and chord progression can be helpful if you are planning to improvise over it. Don't you think so?

of course, actually, I have no experience with improvisation, I haven't given any time to get familiar with fretboard notes, scales and improvisation theory. I was actually mixing up composing music with improvisation. I fear improvisation.

it's too much to grasp ( is also what makes it so fascinating).
1. you actively listen to the backing track as it changes keeping in mind which chord is playing when.
2. you keep in mind the scale notes that would sound best to worst is based on the chords that are being played.
3. you continuously keep making decision after decision which note to play and if that's not enough
4. never lose the timing or its all a waste of effort.

Teachers when they talk about improvisation then speak as if you have all the time to make such decisions as if you are having a pen and paper and creating a composition. But it's all happening at lightning speed in a real-time environment.

This is the reason even after years of practicing guitar I have spent the most time playing music through guitar tablature where you get enough time to practice and are sure of the end result. I have not even begun to improvise and practice scales etc.

So now the million dollar question where to begin? Also since I rely mostly on tabs I have no ear training experience I can never make out which chord is playing, which key the song is in etc.
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2019, 01:26 AM
Instructor
The key is to work on one thing at a time. It seems that you need more than one mind to improvise, but that's not true. The more you practice, the more natural the things become and you don't have to think on everything.

Where to start? Pentatonic Minor scale is a good choice to begin. Do you know it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Apr 23 2019, 03:18 PM
Yes i know its most used 5 notee scalee . if you add one note it becomes a blues scale. Years ago i practiced its five boxes but it was not leading to any improvisation success so i gave up. So should i start with practicing the five box shapes again ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2019, 06:10 PM
Instructor
What about getting into my Improvisation course while I monitor your progress here?

Link HERE.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Apr 24 2019, 07:35 PM
ok, thanks, Gabriel.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2019, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:48 PM