Rc Helicopter Pilots Around?, Someone? Anyone?
twist
Apr 24 2010, 02:50 PM
GMC:er
Hi there,

i recently stumbled into a new hobby as i got a small rc helicopter as a present. I soon was so fascinated with it that i bought another one (both for indoor flying) and yesterday one that can fly outdoor too. (All of them are very cheap if you look around ebay...)

So now i am thinking about upgrading the big one and getting a little bit more serious with this. And i wondered if there are other rc helicopter pilots around gmc for experience exchange smile.gif

So, waiting for answers.... wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
zen
Apr 24 2010, 02:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
No but this one's seems to be on roids !!! laugh.gif .. did you get this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Apr 24 2010, 02:55 PM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
stratman79
Apr 24 2010, 03:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I got a RC nitro car for my last birthday haven't had a chance to use it much but nitro is tricky to get going, will get it out again once football season is finished and park opposite is free on the weekend!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 24 2010, 03:14 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I haven't ever flown one but I would really love to get one to try it out...Possibly nitro one as they seem a lot of fun smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
twist
Apr 24 2010, 03:42 PM
The one on the video shown is a 3D able helicopter, very tricky to fly and very hard to learn. I own two coaxial helicopters (those with two sets of rotoblades that spin in opposite directions) and a so called "fixed pitch" helicopter, a walkera Dragonfly 4, like in this video:

Youre absolutely right that nitro helicopters look way more fun, but they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive, you will probably have to spend like 1000 Euro or something near that, mine costs 30 Euro on ebay. smile.gif And its not that expensive when you crash what you absolutely will do in the first training sessions smile.gif Just watch this one here:

And one thing not to forget: Those things are dangerous like hell, i once accidentaly got hit (windy smile.gif ) by my mid-size helicopter and it left some small cuts on my fingers... Not to mention what such a big nitro heli would do... i heard stories about people getting crippled for life...

For beginners something like this is the best:

Doesnt have to be such an expensive one, could be any cheap mini coaxial heli smile.gif

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 2 2010, 12:05 AM
Instructor
man, that looks like a lot of fun biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
NoSkill
May 2 2010, 05:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My hobby used to be giant scale R/C aerobatics and helicopters, but I quit with that when my kids started being born 12 years ago. I know that you can pour more money into it than you can into guitar...and trust me, I'm well experienced in the concept of vanishing cash with both hobbies. I need to find a hobby that pays. Anyway, it's been so long since I did any of that. I used O/S Engines, Futaba 9ZH and ZAP radios and JR helicopters. I used 3W/Desert Aircraft engines in my giant scale stuff and mostly flew CAP 232 model's after flying Extra 260's for several years. I'm pretty sure things have changed a ton since I played in that arena, though I still have a heli and an Extra 260 hanging from the ceiling in the hallway to my woodworking shop...don't get me started on that hole in the ground that I poured money into as well. God, this is a depressing thread all of a sudden. If it wasn't for R/C, woodworking and guitar, I could have retired by now...mind you, not having as much fun or frustration either! wink.gif Sorry, another useless reply to a thread. smile.gif

Edited because I hit submit twice.

This post has been edited by NoSkill: May 2 2010, 05:29 AM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 6 2010, 11:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Apr 24 2010, 03:55 PM) *
No but this one's seems to be on roids !!! laugh.gif .. did you get this?

This is fake right? biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 6 2010, 11:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Whoa, those look fun, but I tend to think that sports with fast moving blades are not the best kind of sports for guitarists unsure.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
twist
May 7 2010, 12:46 AM
Well, thats the reason why i want to stick with the smaller ones... The crazy one is a 600 class helicopter. That means one blade is 600mm long. That gives you a main rotor diameter of 1200 and more... Most of them are like 1300mm diameter. Weight is at 4 or 5 kilogramm. Those things are weapons. Think of this: A 60cm blade with sharp edges rotating at 2500 rpm, pulled by a chunk of plastic and metal that weights 5 kilogramm, getting out of control and comming at you with a speed of 100 kmh... These can kill you!

Oh, and the video is not a fake wink.gif

This post has been edited by twist: May 7 2010, 01:07 AM

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 17 2010, 07:57 PM
Instructor
Not fake! smile.gif Man, that is just awesome movement, I simply cannot believe that an aircraft, even as miniature as this one can do all this. It is really awesome smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 18 2010, 07:38 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I got into rocketry when I was a kid. Bought a kit, built the whole thing, launched it...and never saw it again! So, back to the hobby shop, bought yet another kit, built the whole thing, launched it...and never saw it again! That was the end of rocketry for me! tongue.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
twist
May 21 2010, 09:47 AM
Haha, i would have stop after the first one getting lost smile.gif

Btw. another awesome rc helicopter vid... This is truly against all laws of physic...

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 23 2010, 04:37 AM
Learning Roadie
I would so crash it. I can't even fly the cheap ones! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:01 PM