4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
The Youtube Dog Throw
steve25
Mar 19 2008, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
Was reading the comments of the vid earlier and people were saying they found sources of the guy who did it and admitted to doing it and said that it was a real dog that he didn't want to take it back to base with him. I'm yet to find this source though

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not on either side of the opinions, I just want to _INTELLIGENTLY_ discuss my opinion. So no flaming, OK?

What do you guys think hurts more - to fall off a cliff or to get eaten by a tiger? Animals eat each other in the wild daily. And no one seems to care. Why are you so concerned about this?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 11:17 AM
Instructor
Animals eat animals to survive, thats how nature works.
I dont see the natural order of things by throwing puppies of a cliff....

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 11:28 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 19 2008, 11:17 AM) *
Animals eat animals to survive, thats how nature works.
I dont see the natural order of things by throwing puppies of a cliff....

And who exactly is hurt by the death of one cute dog(unless someone owns it - but that's a different story).

These guys are SOLDIERS, they are supposed to kill people. Shouldn't that bother you more?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 11:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:28 AM) *
And who exactly is hurt by the death of one cute dog(unless someone owns it - but that's a different story).

These guys are SOLDIERS, they are supposed to kill people. Shouldn't that bother you more?

But this thread isnt about soldiers killing people.. it's about the dog

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 19 2008, 11:32 AM
Lets go fishing!
Ahhh - this is obviously a very sensitive subject!

which is why im not touching it with a 20 foot pole wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 11:33 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 19 2008, 11:30 AM) *
But this thread isnt about soldiers killing people.. it's about the dog

Good point, you almost owned me now -.-

The question is: Why should we care about this dog? If it's real, the dog's dead already. And you're probably ain't gonna kick the asses of the soldiers, are you?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 11:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:33 AM) *

The question is: Why should we care about this dog? If it's real, the dog's dead already. And you're probably ain't gonna kick the asses of the soldiers, are you?

Why shouldnt we care about the dog?
I dont understand why some people get so aggressive because someone dont like seeing animals get killed for the sake of fun. (No, i dont like seeing people getting killed for fun either). Why should any of this happen at all?

No need to get hissy

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 19 2008, 11:51 AM
I think that people object to the senselessness of it more than the cruelty.

While "Why flip out about a relatively minor occurrence?" is a valid question "why throw a dog off a cliff?" is equally valid again supposing the video is real.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 11:58 AM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 19 2008, 11:51 AM) *
I think that people object to the senselessness of it more than the cruelty.

While "Why flip out about a relatively minor occurrence?" is a valid question "why throw a dog off a cliff?" is equally valid again supposing the video is real.

That's prolly true. I have to admit you guys got me on this one.

But still, I think we people from the cities are oversensitive. Some one who grew up slaughtering chicken in a small village probably wouldn't care that much...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 19 2008, 12:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:33 AM) *

First off, tigers eating animals, that's natures way and nothing to be bothered about. Still when a big scary tiger grabs a running cute baby antelope that's heart breaking but none of mans business.
When a marine throw a puppy high up in th eair, of a cliff laughing, it would be strange if people didn't react.
It's not all about the dog. We do se a small defenseless puppy getting killed but a big strong marine. We also see a fellow humanbeing torturing an animal. And we see that he's a representative of the US.

If the puppy was already dead for whatever reason it doesn't excuse the act. The intention was to upset and that they managed no matter if the puppy was dead or alive, so say it was dead and we can strike out the torture of an animal - unless that was an act prior to filming. You can compare this to robbing a band with a plastic gun or a real gun, it doesn't matter, point it at the clerk and you'll get the same reaction and the clerk will feel his life is at danger no matter if the gun works ot now. The clerk just can't know.

Still I belive this marine has jeapordized his name and his career. Imagine the bad commercial he alone has given all the marines. People will not say - Oh, how mean he was that dude. But rather - Look at the US soldiers, they are so mean!
So it's not just about him making a prank upsetting a few people kicking a dead dog off of a cliff (assuming it was a dead dog). It's about the negativity the US will get from this.

Soon forgotten possibly but still, does the marines want a bad egg like him who can't concider consequences before acting. I don't think so. You have to think, calculate on consequences and then act. In this case the outcome should have been - The dog is dead, let's NOT pick up the camera and make a funny movie since it may stain the US reputation and I might lose my job.
In another situation a bad egg who can't calculate consequences he could come up with the idea - I better kill this entire family, kids and all since they could be armed, you'll never know.

The puppy, dead or alive when thrown didn't need that.
The US army who's already questioned didn't need that either.
I think this bad egg will get his shell cracked by his superiors. Bye bye.
I for one am sorry they didn't set him aside already during the draft. Then he'd be home filming himself burning ants to death with sun beams through a magnifying glass instead. Hopefully the US army will take care of and treat this nut case, not just send him off.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 12:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:58 AM) *
That's prolly true. I have to admit you guys got me on this one.

But still, I think we people from the cities are oversensitive. Some one who grew up slaughtering chicken in a small village probably wouldn't care that much...

You are right in that.
I have a farmer in my family, he grew up on the farm and he has a totally different view on "pets" than me. Causes some "fun" discussions every now and then smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 12:14 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 19 2008, 12:10 PM) *

Still I belive this marine has jeapordized his name and his career. Imagine the bad commercial he alone has given all the marines. People will not say - Oh, how mean he was that dude. But rather - Look at the US soldiers, they are so mean!
So it's not just about him making a prank upsetting a few people kicking a dead dog off of a cliff (assuming it was a dead dog). It's about the negativity the US will get from this.

Soon forgotten possibly but still, does the marines want a bad egg like him who can't concider consequences before acting. I don't think so. You have to think, calculate on consequences and then act. In this case the outcome should have been - The dog is dead, let's NOT pick up the camera and make a funny movie since it may stain the US reputation and I might lose my job.
In another situation a bad egg who can't calculate consequences he could come up with the idea - I better kill this entire family, kids and all since they could be armed, you'll never know.

The puppy, dead or alive when thrown didn't need that.
The US army who's already questioned didn't need that either.

Okay guys, I'm owned already.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 12:16 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 19 2008, 12:11 PM) *
You are right in that.
I have a farmer in my family, he grew up on the farm and he has a totally different view on "pets" than me. Causes some "fun" discussions every now and then smile.gif

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 19 2008, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 19 2008, 01:10 PM) *
If the puppy was already dead for whatever reason it doesn't excuse the act. The intention was to upset and that they managed no matter if the puppy was dead or alive, so say it was dead and we can strike out the torture of an animal - unless that was an act prior to filming. You can compare this to robbing a band with a plastic gun or a real gun, it doesn't matter, point it at the clerk and you'll get the same reaction and the clerk will feel his life is at danger no matter if the gun works ot now. The clerk just can't know.

Wise words, indeed. All I wanted to say...

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 19 2008, 12:50 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 19 2008, 11:58 AM) *
Some one who grew up slaughtering chicken in a small village probably wouldn't care that much...

Not necessarily SinoMan.

I live in the campo and my two nearest neighbours keep livestock of all types. Both my neighbours and me and my family have domesticated animals. None of us are wantonly cruel to either livestock or our 'pets'. Indeed my neighbours care for and about their livestock very much - not least as they are their livelihood.

One of my neighbours spent five weeks sleeping in the barn with his sheep this past winter when some of them became infected with a viral disease. He, and his wife, currently are working through the night in shifts to bottle feed their spring lambs. He is 73 years old.

My other neighbour's pet dog was killed outside our house the other week by a car. She was distraught - yet she keeps goats, pigs and chickens for food.

I've slaughtered and plucked chickens, ducks and turkeys for a living in the past. One of our pet cats died two months ago after eating rat poison. My wife and I spent three days nursing and comforting it - giving him injections every four hours, feeding GAC into him and so on. My daughter still goes up our hill to his grave to talk to him.

We may well be more 'matter of fact' about animals in the campo - not least because we have to kill and butcher livestock - but it doesn't mean that we don't care about them a lot.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 01:04 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 19 2008, 12:50 PM) *

One of our pet cats died two months ago after eating rat poison. My wife and I spent three days nursing and comforting it - giving him injections every four hours, feeding GAC into him and so on.

We may well be more 'matter of fact' about animals in the campo - not least because we have to kill and butcher livestock - but it doesn't mean that we don't care about them a lot.

I would cry like a friggin' month if my pet died man...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 19 2008, 01:15 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The worst bit mate was I had to take the decision that it was becoming cruel to carry on nursing the cat as it wasn't getting any better and if it did recover its kidneys and liver would be ruined. I then had to put him out of it and bury him - not nice and not easy. I also then had to tell my daughter when I picked her up from school sad.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

ps - Steve25 - sorry I've sort of drifted off topic (again rolleyes.gif )

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 19 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm very sick about this thread and hope some mods will close it soon.
I think it damages an happy forum life for all the people who are here to play guitar, and are not here to have fun watching dead animals and thinking they're cool if they do that.
Hope that the youngest, when they'll grow up, realize how stupid and ashaming this behaviour is.
The true "hard men" don't spend time saying how childish is to complain about dead puppies, the true "hard men" instead tend to be protective towards weaker beings, because they're strong.
People who are actually weak and try to seem strong by violent words and behaviours, are normally classified as bullies.
And I think bullies shouldn't be allowed to sicken others' life.
How can I say this? I have a degree in Sociology.
For what concerns tigers, they're one of the species that's now at serious risk of extintion because of human cruelty, the same cruelty that makes some people kill puppies and upload, view and get fun of the videos of their crime on youtube, for years has made hunters go and kill tigers without a reason, just to have a trophy in their living room.
They're like those boys that here in Itlay, some years ago, used to have fun throwing big stones from bridges down on cars and kill people.
This makes me nauseous and now I'll stop here.
I'll go to walk my dog and then to play some guitar, so much better and more useful than getting depressed with issues like this. mad.gif

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 19 2008, 02:25 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 19 2008, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 19 2008, 03:22 PM) *
I'm very sick about this thread and hope some mods will close it soon.
I think it damages an happy forum life for all the people who are here to play guitar, and are not here to have fun watching dead animals and thinking they're cool if they do that.
Hope that the youngest, when they'll grow up, realize how stupid and ashaming this behaviour is.
The true "hard men" don't spend time saying how childish is to complain about dead puppies, the true "hard men" instead tend to be protective towards weaker beings, because they're strong.
People who are actually weak and try to seem strong by violent words and behaviours, are normally classified as bullies.
And I think bullies shouldn't be allowed to sicken others' life.
How can I say this? I have a degree in Sociology.
For what concerns tigers, they're one of the species that's now at serious risk of extintion because of human cruelty, the same cruelty that makes some people kill puppies and upload, view and get fun of the videos of their crime on youtube, for years has made hunters go and kill tigers without a reason, just to have a trophy in their living room.
They're like those boys that here in Itlay, some years ago, used to have fun throwing big stones from bridges down on cars and kill people.
This makes me nauseous and now I'll stop here.
I'll go to walk my dog and then to play some guitar, so much better and more useful than getting depressed with issues like this. mad.gif

Again, wise words, all I wanted to say....

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:18 PM