Tuned To Drop A!, Time for some heavy stuff!
thefireball
Jun 26 2011, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Well my favorite band, RED, inspired me to tune to Drop A. Their song "Feed the machine" is in Drop A. I hope there will be more Drop A lessons on GMC in the future to practice on. wink.gif wink.gif Now I can seriously practice on Cosmin's "Breaking down Drop A." cool.gif

I blogged about it here. It's an unlisted video for my YouTubers so they can only see it on my blog. It's part of my "exclusive material." happy.gif

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 26 2011, 06:19 PM
Instructor
Wow, dropped A, my strings would dangle to the knees if I'd do that biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 26 2011, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Cool, i drop to A and down to G often. Very nice tuning, but ofc can be some work to retain tightness smile.gif
Always good to try out a lot and see what you like

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Jun 26 2011, 09:50 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 26 2011, 09:56 PM
Instructor
Sounds crazy,deep powerful sound smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Jun 26 2011, 09:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2011, 08:18 AM
Instructor
There you go mate! biggrin.gif can't wait to see the REC take biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2011, 05:04 PM
Instructor
I've never tried this tunning but it sounds so cool! I think that the band A day to remember use it in some of their songs... I'll start to experiment with this since I'm working on new stuff for my band... however one thing that stucks me is that I don't want to need 3 or 4 guitars with diferent tuning in the live shows... nowadays I use 2 - Standard and Dropped D.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 28 2011, 05:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2011, 06:04 PM) *
I've never tried this tunning but it sounds so cool! I think that the band A day to remember use it in some of their songs... I'll start to experiment with this since I'm working on new stuff for my band... however one thing that stucks me is that I don't want to need 3 or 4 guitars with diferent tuning in the live shows... nowadays I use 2 - Standard and Dropped D.

Buy a 7 string smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 28 2011, 09:55 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
7 Strings solve it all, naturally heavy gauge strings for low tunings, extended range, its all good. I got some heavy gauge strings awhile back that were like....4 inches or something, and tuned to drop G# to mess around on some bulb/periphery material. extremely fun i gotta say.

Although tuning a 6 string down that low produces a much darker tone, just look at Nile - 7 strings don't sound like that.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 28 2011, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 28 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Although tuning a 6 string down that low produces a much darker tone, just look at Nile - 7 strings don't sound like that.

Nile got extremely thick strings. And it's the mix ofc.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 28 2011, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 28 2011, 03:55 PM) *

Did not know this. happy.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 29 2011, 12:15 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Jun 28 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Nile got extremely thick strings. And it's the mix ofc.

Oh well of course, but if you tune down your 6 string, the tone is just less precise - not in a bad way though, its has more ambience I think.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2011, 05:46 AM
Instructor
Having a 7 strings guitar for this type of stuff would be great. I would also use it to play those 7 strings sweeps by Loomis. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:58 PM