Patrik Jezierski's Mtp Thread, All assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Sep 4 2009, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Patrik!

This is place where I will give you assignments and upload videos. You will do the same starting tonight. Bookmark it, subscribe to it as it will be easier to follow when I post new things in!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Lets get started Patrik!

In your guitar CV you pointed out some great things. We will cover technique, theory, harmony and analysis, fretboard knowledge and if we get time some songwriting wink.gif

For your 1st assignment I decided to give you some alternate picking exercises. In the meanwhile I am providing you with my theory post that should get you thinking about harmony and future assignments.

Here is your 1st assignment :

- Record each lick in 3 different tempos! Make sure tempos are at least 15-20 bpm difference.
- Try to show me your maximum tempo for these licks, I want you to push yourself here!
- Feel free to ask for more exercises if these are too easy for you!
- Upload your takes in this thread. Ideally I would like you to do videos, put them on Youtube and embed them here.

Time limit for 1st assignment would be a week from now(13th of September). If you manage to do all the exercises before that, I will put more exercises here for you!

While you are working on this, start reading this post and ask me if you have any questions about it!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=418884

Let me know if you need anything!

Have fun with these

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Sep 5 2009, 09:14 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 99
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 90
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 81
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 5 2009, 08:44 PM
GMC:er
Great Pedja!
I'll start working with the exercises tomorrow when i get home.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Jezierski @ Sep 5 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Great Pedja!
I'll start working with the exercises tomorrow when i get home.

Excellent Patrik. Look forward to your video(s)!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 6 2009, 11:54 PM
So i've worked with the exercises a bit now smile.gif
Don't have the time to record videos of it, but I'll try record for coming exercises.

I've recorded the each exercise in 60/80/100 bpm. I really tried to do it at 120 but I'm not there yet.
They are a bit sloppy, cause I haven't changed strings in like two months tongue.gif, it's not an excuse, just so you know wink.gif

Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 151

Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 153

Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.mp3 ( 849.51K ) Number of downloads: 143

Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.mp3 ( 793.18K ) Number of downloads: 147

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 7 2009, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Sounds great Patrik!
For slower tempos (60bpm sometimes 80bpm) you have tendency to rush and play before click. Work on that please!
One little thing for the 5th exercise ; instead of pedal from A to G note you need to use G# in the bottom.

Your muting great so I have nothing to add in that area. Keep working on these exercises, lets see if you can now do them at 80,100 and 120 bpm. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 7 2009, 11:54 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 7 2009, 09:20 AM) *
Sounds great Patrik!
For slower tempos (60bpm sometimes 80bpm) you have tendency to rush and play before click. Work on that please!
One little thing for the 5th exercise ; instead of pedal from A to G note you need to use G# in the bottom.

Your muting great so I have nothing to add in that area. Keep working on these exercises, lets see if you can now do them at 80,100 and 120 bpm. smile.gif

Hehe yeah i noticed that myself, it took like half a bar to get into the slower ones. But i'll work more on them and see if i can get the tempo a bit higher tongue.gif
Yeah I just checked the 5th and saw that it was a G# and not a G tongue.gif my bad, i checked them all thru in the beginning and then recorded.
But as you said, I'll work a bit more on them to see if i can raise the tempo a bit and then on the slower ones so i don't rush in the beginning.

Thanks man smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 7 2009, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Great Patrik smile.gif
By the way, I did that in my examples as well but mine were first take all of them so I have excuse tongue.gif

Try to post updates every day, audio is fine for this one. If you need more exercises I will provide them for you in this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 8 2009, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 7 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Great Patrik smile.gif
By the way, I did that in my examples as well but mine were first take all of them so I have excuse tongue.gif

Try to post updates every day, audio is fine for this one. If you need more exercises I will provide them for you in this thread.

Hehe tongue.gif

Yeah I'll try posting an update, im working on 80/100/120 bpm and I think i'm going to nail it by tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 8 2009, 07:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Jezierski @ Sep 8 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Hehe tongue.gif

Yeah I'll try posting an update, im working on 80/100/120 bpm and I think i'm going to nail it by tomorrow.

That is excellent news man. I am waiting for recordings wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 8 2009, 10:42 PM
Finally recorded the 80/100/120 bpm exercises.
Some is a bit sloppy, especially exercise 4, i think its the descending part that seems to be the struggle. But overall, I'm quite stoked that I improved so fast smile.gif
But here they are:
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 142

Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 144

Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.mp3 ( 708.69K ) Number of downloads: 143

Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.mp3 ( 708.69K ) Number of downloads: 156

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 8 2009, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Its getting there for sure Patrik. Very glad to hear you already notice big improvement. Thats the way it should be when you dedicate time every day for technique smile.gif
Make sure you work on your 1st tempo as you seem to be rushing it most of the times. So keep time no matter what smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 10 2009, 10:12 PM
Instructor
Patrik, how is it going with new tempos? How far did you get?
I have some new exercises for you but would like to feel final draft of the exercises before we move onto new ones!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 13 2009, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 10 2009, 11:12 PM) *
Patrik, how is it going with new tempos? How far did you get?
I have some new exercises for you but would like to feel final draft of the exercises before we move onto new ones!

Hi Pedja, last time i practised i was trying 100/120/140 and i think i might pull it of. But atm i'm in the middle of studying for an exam on a Internet Security and Acceleration course. a book with 1000+ pages, and of course, in a foreign language. As soon as i get some time i'll try record the 100/120/140 bpm, if i manage. I'll make a recording of the exercises in 60 bpm aswell so you can see my progress in "not rushing in to fast" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Jezierski @ Sep 13 2009, 07:53 PM) *
Hi Pedja, last time i practised i was trying 100/120/140 and i think i might pull it of. But atm i'm in the middle of studying for an exam on a Internet Security and Acceleration course. a book with 1000+ pages, and of course, in a foreign language. As soon as i get some time i'll try record the 100/120/140 bpm, if i manage. I'll make a recording of the exercises in 60 bpm aswell so you can see my progress in "not rushing in to fast" smile.gif

Hi Patrik,

You have nothing to worry about man. Last time you already showed me you can play these, I just want to push you hard to move your AP to another level. Since you have very important (and sounds like a very difficult) exam, why don't we lay low for a while until you are done with that?
Let me know when you are ready for more assignments, in the meanwhile try to do 100,120 and 140bpm!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 17 2009, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Patrik,

I hope your studying for exam is going great!
I will be out of my town today, back tomorrow. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.
In the meanwhile I will give you couple of more alternate picking exercises (so you don't get bored with these 5 only smile.gif.
For extra assignment, please visit my Theory and Harmony sub board HERE and read all my posts there.

Let me know how everything is going!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Patrik I just sent you PM. Let me know of your progress. I hope hard exam is over and we can get to new material very soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Sep 29 2009, 08:28 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 28 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Patrik I just sent you PM. Let me know of your progress. I hope hard exam is over and we can get to new material very soon smile.gif

I'm really sorry for not updating you how things are going.. My life seems quite chaotic right now.
I haven't been able to practise at all because I've struggled with some personal problems. If things for once go my way, i might be able to start practise again and live a normal life on Monday 5 october.
Hope I haven't wasted your time, if so, Im really sorry.

/Patrik

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 30 2009, 05:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Jezierski @ Sep 29 2009, 09:28 PM) *
I'm really sorry for not updating you how things are going.. My life seems quite chaotic right now.
I haven't been able to practise at all because I've struggled with some personal problems. If things for once go my way, i might be able to start practise again and live a normal life on Monday 5 october.
Hope I haven't wasted your time, if so, Im really sorry.

/Patrik

Patrik, no worries my friend. I am here and will be here, I just hope you resolve your problems and everything gets back on track on 5th of October. You haven't wasted my time, everything you uploaded so far was improvement so you have been working on things wink.gif
I will wait for your final recordings (video preferably) of all the exercises in 3 tempos. Then we can move onto new material. Let me know if you need any help man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Oct 7 2009, 10:34 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 30 2009, 06:29 PM) *
Patrik, no worries my friend. I am here and will be here, I just hope you resolve your problems and everything gets back on track on 5th of October. You haven't wasted my time, everything you uploaded so far was improvement so you have been working on things wink.gif
I will wait for your final recordings (video preferably) of all the exercises in 3 tempos. Then we can move onto new material. Let me know if you need any help man!

Hi Pedja!
Things have been worked out, at least I hope so.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on a final recording of the exercises. I think it will be video recordings this time. I've struggled with 140 bpm a bit, but it's really sloppy and I can't seem to nail the A pentatonic lick in 140. I think I could need some exercises in AP with string skipping as well. But what ever you have in plan works great with me. I have a jam i would like to record as well on a track I got from bluesjamtracks, just wanted to hear your opinion on it if that's ok, maybe get some tips etc. But that would be later on as I haven't been able to record it yet.
Anyways.. Hope you're doing fine and I look forward to the exciting exercises you have planned for me smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:30 AM