16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >  
Enforcer-jer Mtp Sessions Thread, yeah this is our place :)
enforcer
Feb 4 2009, 02:17 PM
GMC:er
I can say I am very happy to be able to work with you and I have to state this plainly: You are a great student. You see your errors honestly and just dont try to finish them asap. That is a great way to go and this way you'll be more carefull and play better, much better then me I guess.

I will have to go to soundcheck in an hour, we have a gig tonight, so theory stuff may be a little short for today. But I'll do my best to keep it, well, adequate.

Lets talk about chords shall we? Lets start with you, what do you know about them? Where do you think your weakness lie in this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 4 2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks Can, Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

smile.gif

No worries ont he theory stuff. When you have time I'm ready. If not, not a big deal. We're not on a schedule remember? wink.gif

Chords.

Chords are made by using tones of the parent scale.

A chord has 3 or more different notes in it.

The root note doesnt have to be the lowest note in a chord but it seems is usually is. I think having a different note in the bass is an "inversion".

Major/Minor chords = 1-3-5 of the parent scale.
major/minor 7 = 1-3-5-7
major/minor9th = 1-3-5-7-9

etc....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 5 2009, 05:13 AM
Tonights Workout

Warmup

String skipping and a couple of covers. Pretty sloppy, but I havent played them in a while. Rhythms only. Along with the cd. Nothing fancy.

Tantarella Rock – Problem. There are only 2 backings and a very lacking GP file. I am doing ok at 90 bpm (75%) but 120 bpm (full speed) us too fast. Any suggestions? I tried playing the part I am stuck on to just a metronome beat and it didn’t go well at all. I couldn’t follow it. But the backing track I follow fine. I'm gonna have to force myself to work solely with that ANNOYING AS @$*# click arent I? smile.gif

AIC – Here is the solo at minus 25. It’ getting better. This is about the most consistent Ive been. I'm pleased with this.

Trooper – First the rhythm up to the solo at -10. Lets see if I can do that again on the first try. Made some errors early on but the main part of it is still there. I'm confident I can keep this up at -10 bpm without a whole lot of effort. I thought the rhythm at close to full speeds would be tougher than it is.

Trooper Solo – Half speed. I’m certainly feeling better here. I added on the next part and am feeling it all better now.

DANG IT!!!!!

All of my videos are cut off again.

We didnt lose anything this time. just more of the same.

After watching these again, there was much better Tantarella stuff after that cut off. I was improving more....

and of course, a big chunk of the Trooper rhythm part is missing.

Tantarella was first when I rendered them, I must have set something by accident so the others are the exact same length.....

I'll be more careful tomorrow night.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 5 2009, 02:43 PM
Wow, it was a rough night last night! Gig was awesome and I literally drowned myself in the bottle biggrin.gif

Great tunes buddy, and great playing, but we do know you play metal rhythms just fine dont we? wink.gif
\m/ \m/ \m/

Ok lets take a look to the stuff that you have done:

Theory stuff: Chords are ok for time being, everything is fine so there is nothing to see here, move along... tongue.gif laugh.gif

Tarantella: Ok, you definetly nailed all the notes. There are some minor timing issues buddy, especially when you are doing trills, keep at this speed for a while, try to play all that without a single error and with confident playing. I know you started this very soon, and you totally rock now that you can play this as a whole under a heavy workload. Thank you. And about that metronome issue, if there is no other backing between %75 and %100 I am afraid you'll need to play it with that annoying metronome clicks sad.gif

AIC: That is some good playing buddy. This works for me, your bends were great, timing adequate, last fast part was flawless over all great job. Now try to play like this in -20bpm

Trooper Rhythm: Ok here I believe there are some places you overplayed bro, for example, I cant see you picking hand but in main melody it looks like there is a picking management issue. That is like when you finish the trill you have to plan how you will pick the upper string... An upstroke or a downstroke? Take your time with this, play it very very slowly, concentrate on your picking hand and think about your right hand movements.. That should do the trick biggrin.gif

Trooper Solo: Obvious improvements. You do a great job here. Do you still feel that you are lost in timing? You dont look like that. Dont forget to count the triplets and the 16th's, and remember second fast part after the bending lick is in constant speed, it doesnt get fast biggrin.gif

Ok, that is going as planned, if you want you can check some older videos tonight before you start to play. You improved so much buddy. Just keep this like that laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 5 2009, 04:07 PM
Great tunes buddy, and great playing, but we do know you play metal rhythms just fine dont we?
Sure. Just sharing what I warmed up with. And who knows, maybe you'll spot something in my playing there that will help me figure out the stuff we are doing better.

Trooper Rhythm: Ok here I believe there are some places you overplayed bro, for example, I cant see you picking hand but in main melody it looks like there is a picking management issue. That is like when you finish the trill you have to plan how you will pick the upper string... An upstroke or a downstroke?
I think I know what you mean here. I think a couple of times I trilled it too many times, adding a note that shouldnt be there. Is that what you are hearing?

Trooper Solo: Obvious improvements. You do a great job here. Do you still feel that you are lost in timing? You dont look like that. Dont forget to count the triplets and the 16th's, and remember second fast part after the bending lick is in constant speed, it doesnt get fast
Timing is better, using the bass as the guide into that. So starting the bendy lick is better. Once I'm in it though I still feel a bit lost. I'm not really counting anything other than, ok do 1 of these, and they get faster at the end. Hopefully I end it at the right time!

Dont forget to count the triplets and the 16th's,
Yeah, so far I'm not counting anything like that. And I dont know where to start. I forgot to look at those GP files you uploaded. Maybe that will help. Or perhaps you could throw up a quick video explaining it? I can send you my half speed backing if you want.

CONGRATS on the good gig by the way!

\m/ \m/

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 5 2009, 04:34 PM
I think I know what you mean here. I think a couple of times I trilled it too many times, adding a note that shouldnt be there. Is that what you are hearing?

yeah that is it biggrin.gif

Now, MTP is officially over, and we got the pression off our shoulders. We will keep on the schedule... I am not sorry that I didnt got selected, on the contrary I am glad that we continue together...

Lets make you a great guitarist buddy biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 5 2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds good Can. I sure appreciate you sticking with me. I know this is work for you too. I am more than understanding if you need to drop out of daily contact at any time. You've got lots to do in your life too I'm sure. Just let me know here in our thread. I'll keep going on the stuff I have on my plate and we'll catch up when you get back.

As long as you are around I'll keep firing questions at ya as I have them. And I'll keep going thru the theory stuff that you bring up here.

So, here is my current status.

Tantarella - get it clean at -30 Fix the trills. The speed it up with the dreaded metronome clicks.

AIC - I'm getting sick of playing this to be honest. But I dont see any value in quitting. I'm gonna keep at it and shoot for 7 clean solos in a row at -20

Trooper - I am approaching this in 2 secions. Rhythm and Solo. For rhythm, I'll back it off to -15 bpm (I was at -10) and clean up all the trills. Eliminate the tendancy to overplay them. Then once its consistant, bring it back to -10 then -5. For the solo, I'll keep on at half speed until I understand the time sig and am playing it 100% clean.

Cool?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 5 2009, 05:12 PM
YEah buddy biggrin.gif Wonderfull!

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 5 2009, 05:27 PM
Hey admins?

Do we need to move our thread?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 6 2009, 04:41 AM
FYI - I took the night off. Went out to dinner with some friends. Enjoying some whiskey right now.

Think I'm gonna play some poker... Or watch a movie...

I dunno.

Gonna give the six stringer a rest tonight.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 6 2009, 07:09 AM
Ok buddy as you wish. I will have to go to somewhere for the weekend and I doubt there is an internet connection there... So send your videos, I'll do an extensive commentary when I return. And also feel free to ask Dan, to join you in your exercises, I dont know if he accepted my offer (or seen it already biggrin.gif) and if you have urgent questions for the weekend I am sure Monte will help you in my absence. Take care bro and keep on working biggrin.gif Nothing can stop us now! laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 6 2009, 02:22 PM
Have a good weekend Can!

Talk to ya later.

Hey Dan, you need to learn the other half of thesde Maiden harmonies.....

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 7 2009, 07:39 PM
My next vids

AIC - all at -20 Yeah, I sped it up a bit and its ok. Not real good but -20 will be my new baseline as I work towards -15.

Tantarella - I had this fine til I hit the SUCK button. You know, the one that says record?

The Trooper - I added on a bit more and kept playing the rest. Still at 1/2 speed. Still shaky as I get the notes memorized and try to feel the beat more.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 8 2009, 08:43 PM
Jer I am back! biggrin.gif I spent the weekend studying a damn exam, I hope I'll do it fine.. I will write comments about your work, just I wanted you to congratulate you you lead the january competition biggrin.gif and nice outfit!

Later man laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 8 2009, 09:11 PM
Welcome back.

And thanks!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 8 2009, 09:42 PM
AIC, man really I got nothing to say about this, you are getting there just a little patience smile.gif

Tantarella, man you need to slow this a little bit to get there. I know there isnt any bt between 80 and 120 bpm but you need to cool down on this, to provide consistency...

Trooper, this speed is just fine, you dont have any playing errors buddy, just some memorizing issues. You need to memorise the counts of all repetitions to get this down. And IMO dont start the second solo without completing the first.

But really I am so amazed when I saw your videos buddy, you are far more comfy with your guitar now, and in one month you exorcised your soloing demons. That is wonderful, I would like to give you new things this week, so I hope you nail AIC and tantarella biggrin.gif

You are doing great buddy. And also I hope we'll have a Competition Winner in these days biggrin.gif

Cheers Man! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 8 2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks Can!

I'm going to slow down a bit.

We finally have a drummer for our band so there are some band things I need to be working on too. Not any less guitar playing, just more things I need to be playing.

No worries on forging ahead. I just wont have new videos as often.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 9 2009, 08:33 PM
Tantarella - Hey Can, I may be reading you wrong, but is sounds like you feel this one is farther off than I feel it is. There is only 1 part that I consistently stumble on. And its not every time. Do you feel there are issues with me playing it up to speed?

AIC - This one will still take some time. I hope to nail it at -20 this week.

With the band stuff firing up again, and me still working on AIC and the Trooper into next week and beyond, can we limit the new stuff to 1 item?

Believe me there is no shortage of guitar playing going on here. Quite the contrary. \m/ \m/ I'm playing multiple times every day. It hasnt been like this in years.

Also, the stuff I'm doing in the band, even though its 95% rhythm based, it all sounds better. Like you pointed out, comfortable. I am certainly more comfortable and happier playing. I feel that I am better each week than I was before. And while I'm still playing the same stuff with the band that I could play 3 months ago, I am playing it MUCH BETTER. And it was fine before. But now, its better. Its hard to say how, but it is.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Feb 9 2009, 09:52 PM
Ok man, just make sure that you are working on your exercises too. Now that you have lots of songs and solos to play, I may give you a more exercise oriented program. Is that ok for you? But be awared, I cant guarantee that those exercises are fun to play biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 9 2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, thats all good bro.

The exercises I have been working on are the string skipping one and then once in a while the Strumming/Arpeggios and very rarely the finger independence once.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:56 PM