Rhythm Guitar, Let's get the cat out of the bag
Richard6669
Feb 20 2008, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
I posted on Ear Training just a second ago, now its on to another topic - Rhythm Playing. GMC is primarily based on lead shred guitar and lately I have been learning rhythm guitar. Unsuprisingly, it has even improved my lead playing as well. I have also noticed even shredders such as Eddie Van Halen are also amazing at rhythm, even stating, "I am a rhythm player who also solos." Its also a blast to mix rhythm and lead parts into a guitar piece. No matter what style you play, rhythm and chordal melodies play an important role.

Along with the lessons at GMC on rhythm, even the "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" lesson, what songs/techniques/chord progressions/ Theory has improved your rhythm playing.

For me, MI's (Musician's Institue) "Rhythm Guitar: The Complete Guide" has been a gold mine of imformation relating to chords and what not.

So let's discuss and let the cat out of the bag. Share your rhythm secrets, and what has or has not worked for you.

Thanks in advance. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 20 2008, 08:55 PM
Instructor
I'm glad you figured out man, the rhythm is very important. Actually it is important just like any other thing in guitar plying, but often left aside as considered "easy" and "not need-able".

One's chordal and other rhythm work is directly reflected on the solos. If you play only riffs, you'll be good at pentatonics alone. If you play all the triads, you'll understand major and minor scales better. If you play 6, 7 ,9, 11 chords, you can fully appreciate note functions throughout the progression.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 20 2008, 09:03 PM
Instructor
You can see some of my secrets in "Heavy Metal For Beginners" series smile.gif

Sometimes riffing or rhythm playing is even more fun than soloing, but for me it depends on a day smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:48 AM