What Is Your Favorite Fender Amp For Blues?, Small studio and home playing amp...not a big stage amp
Praetorian
Jun 19 2009, 06:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Just curious what you guys would pick as your favorite Fender amp. I personally LOVE the Deluxe reverb and Princeton reverb. What would you pick?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Jun 19 2009, 06:10 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 19 2009, 06:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 19 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Just curious what you guys would pick as your favorite Fender amp. I personally LOVE the Deluxe reverb and Princeton reverb. What would you pick?

Hmmmm.....sounds like somebody wants to buy an Amp. Father's day is this weekend Ben.....better take advantage of it. I say you buy it and then tell her you "took the liberty of buying your own gift this year"......Make sure to say that you did it "purely out of concern for her" ........you didn't want her "stressing out about what to buy you this year"......

Make sure after you say this that you "DUCK IMMEDIATELY"............. tongue.gif laugh.gif If you don't......let me know and I can give you some good reccomendations to replace your two front teeth...... tongue.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Jun 19 2009, 06:17 PM

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 19 2009, 06:35 PM
GMC:er
hahahaha hes got the right idea ^^^^^

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 19 2009, 07:26 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jun 19 2009, 01:17 PM) *
Hmmmm.....sounds like somebody wants to buy an Amp. Father's day is this weekend Ben.....better take advantage of it. I say you buy it and then tell her you "took the liberty of buying your own gift this year"......Make sure to say that you did it "purely out of concern for her" ........you didn't want her "stressing out about what to buy you this year"......

Make sure after you say this that you "DUCK IMMEDIATELY"............. tongue.gif laugh.gif If you don't......let me know and I can give you some good reccomendations to replace your two front teeth...... tongue.gif laugh.gif

Ha! I wish! My amp purchase is still a long time away! I plan to definitely go with either the Deluxe reverb or Princeton reverb reissues. Probably the Princeton since it is smaller and I am only using it at home.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 19 2009, 07:47 PM
I used to have a Hot Rod De Ville 2x12 combo and coupled with a Thinline Tele it was awesome!! I have no other word for it!!!!
The Hot Rod Deluxe is a superb amp too!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2009, 10:22 PM
Instructor
I like Deville with 12" speakers, but like the rough sound of that Bassman as well cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 19 2009, 10:43 PM
The Hot Rod Deville is a bit loud for home playing isn't it? More of a gigging amp?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 20 2009, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 19 2009, 10:43 PM) *
The Hot Rod Deville is a bit loud for home playing isn't it? More of a gigging amp?

That all depends on how forgiving your neighbours are!!!!
Or how much they like your playing!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously though, yeah it is much more of a gigging amp, although with an outboard attenuator it should be able to be driven at lower volumes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 20 2009, 03:03 PM
Instructor
no point playin electric blues if cannot crank that fender all the way! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 20 2009, 03:05 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 20 2009, 03:03 PM) *
no point playin electric blues if cannot crank that fender all the way! biggrin.gif

Ain't that the truth!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 20 2009, 05:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well I tested the blues deluxe re-issue which was freakin loud at 40W of tube, but if you want something simpler the blues jnr is the way to go, still loud though mate! Just stay away from nasty ass GDEC stuff.
I heard of a little thing called "Deanos amp booster box" off Ebay which sits in your effects loop and sort of drives the pre-amp tubes but not the power amp so you get some tube saturation, dont know if they work but they were only 20 quid and had some good reviews in a magazine, if (or maybe when..) i get the deluxe I would give one a try, I cant help thinking that the fender amps are only good for one type of playing, even though they do it well, I'm sick of buying amps that just dont have any versatility (Clean, rock, metal etc etc) maybe thats the beauty of Mesa stuff that it can basically go anywhere.

huh.gif omg I rambled on there, sorry!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 20 2009, 11:38 PM
Instructor
Fender amps have such a nice cleans, many pro players prefer A/B ing their rigs and use Fender amps specially for clean. If I would have money I would get Fender for clean tomorrow and get whatever else I need for overdrive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 21 2009, 03:11 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 20 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Fender amps have such a nice cleans, many pro players prefer A/B ing their rigs and use Fender amps specially for clean. If I would have money I would get Fender for clean tomorrow and get whatever else I need for overdrive.

That is exactly what I would do too. Deluxe reverb or Princeton reverb reissues...and maybe a Metal Muff pedal for when I want to play something heavy!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jun 21 2009, 05:22 PM
tubescreamer is the word

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2009, 03:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jun 21 2009, 06:22 PM) *
tubescreamer is the word

I've had good experiences with Fender amps and pedals. They usually like pedals and give away their true character. If I would use a pedal on a fender amp it would probably be a very good one cause it will definitely show smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:23 AM