3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Music In 100 Hundred Years, any ideas?
Smikey2006
Feb 25 2008, 03:02 AM
GMC:er
im gunna quote porcupine tree here

" Music of the future will not tend to taime.. its only use will be to neutralize your brain...." " and then the sound of music will come in silver pills, to aid your mind in building cheaper thrills"

not that i believe it.. but music in pill form ohmy.gif iiidddkkk smile.gif i think guitars will still be a major part of music.. music follows peoples emotions.. we live in an angry world and i have a feeling its only gunna get angrier.. therefore my bet is that metal becomes more prominent and rock will never die.. heres my thoughts.. people who listen to rock and metal are really dedicated to their music ( for the most part ) These are the people who will pass their music onto their children. Mainstream music.. is well mainstream.. ive never heard of parents being like "come here son and listen to this brittney spears album.. it was the best of its time" Although my dad did introduce me to pink floyd and Zepplin.. and i can't thank him enough smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Feb 25 2008, 03:49 AM
Its gonna be just like the starwars cantina....doot doot doot doot doot de dootdedoot.....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 25 2008, 04:37 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Feb 24 2008, 09:49 PM) *
Its gonna be just like the starwars cantina....doot doot doot doot doot de dootdedoot.....

I'd be okay with star wars music..

Attached Image

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
glazmusik
Feb 25 2008, 05:58 AM
JVM, where in all of God's green goodness did you find that picture?! It's amazing!! Just like it says, lol.

Well, I think that EVERYTHING will be electronic, but you have to keep in mind all of the genres that will be there then, too. Just look at how much MORE music there is now than even 10 years ago. There will still be metal (hopefully biggrin.gif) but maybe it will be like past death metal... undead metal?

Really, I don't think that anyone can imagine what will happen. I mean, the first electric guitar came out in the early 30s; I think that Stevie has the right idea...

--------------------
"Nothing in this world worth having comes easily."

+Quote Post
krawetz
Feb 25 2008, 06:53 AM
i believe that in 100 years the kids of that generation will do what we do now they will believe in pop culture the most brilliant and elaborite music will not be the most popular the most catching and lame will probably rule but one thing is sure in 100 years or 1 million years good music will still be good music

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 25 2008, 07:13 AM
It's going to be like the movie "Equilibrium", where we are forced to take medicine that takes away all of our feelings. There will be no music and everyone will be comatose. Good movie!~

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 25 2008, 09:38 AM
Instructor
It will ALL mutate into some japanese guy,and you can quote me on that laugh.gif

Dunno,I guess music as a form will stay the same,
we can expect tons of new sintetic sounds for sure,
not sure about new styles tho( it'll be more like mixing styles,just like today).

But it comes in circles so we might have new Punk Revolution in 50 years or som.
Of course,punkers armed with laser guitars and jet-packs. laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 25 2008, 10:43 AM
Lets go fishing!
Ive already seen the Future of Music, and it aint pretty wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 25 2008, 10:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 25 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Ive already seen the Future of Music, and it aint pretty wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
orion6324
Feb 25 2008, 03:08 PM
lol...ive thought about this before...and someone said once it will be computor beeps and bleeps sounds and crazy ''flanger/phaser typ'' stuff...lol...but who knows

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 25 2008, 03:28 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 05:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 25 2008, 03:38 PM
Personally I think the theremin is a very underappriciated instrument, what other instrument can you just flail in front of and create music! Oh yeah, drums.. tongue.gif

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 25 2008, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Japanese shows are crazy laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 25 2008, 06:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 25 2008, 04:54 PM) *
Japanese shows are crazy laugh.gif

Crazy yes, but also cool biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 25 2008, 06:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Spreedmaster @ Feb 25 2008, 02:38 PM) *
what other instrument can you just flail in front of and create music! Oh yeah, drums.. tongue.gif

Try and tell that to Neil Pert dry.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 26 2008, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Feb 25 2008, 05:17 PM) *
Try and tell that to Neil Pert dry.gif

That was a joke tongue.gif obviously not a good one! laugh.gif

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 26 2008, 02:12 AM
The Dark Canuck
Two words WYLD STALLYNS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966yJ1of18I

the world will be united by their music and rock will live on forever smile.gif

(Sorry I couldn't resist.....just finished watching this on the movie network and when I saw this thread well...)

Seriously though...music in 100 yrs...tough to say really. Music from the past will always influence the music of the future so I think we'll still have versions of Rock, Metal and even Hip Hop...just might not be what we are use to hearing.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 26 2008, 10:05 PM
I don't believe humans will exist in 100 years. However I believe within 25 years or so, some idiot ignorant inventor that thinks music is a job will invent a machine that creates new music and then get blasted by musicians for being a total dumbass and no one will ever accept his piece of crap inventions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 26 2008, 10:15 PM
I hope there will be several new intresting instruments and new musical styles which I can't even imagine smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Feb 27 2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry for being a little bit off topic, but I think some mod should change the title, because 100 hundred = 10000. laugh.gif

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:34 AM