Still Recording Issues
Marfol
Dec 27 2011, 07:49 PM
GMC:er
*sigh*

I still have problems recording for REC takes.
I fixed the audio problems, but now my new webcam makes trouble (logitech 9000)
When I open the software of the cam (Windows movie maker doesn´t support my cam) and I run simultaniously REAPER(and Amplitube 3 free) , the sound is "crackling" , I changed the devices on the software of the cam, but the sound doesn´t improve. I use also a behringer USB audio device , which I connected to my speakers over a additional wire,since the USB device works as the speakers. I think the main problem in this whole issue is the audio device, which doesn´t work as easy as I thought...

Does anyone have good advice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 27 2011, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
when u record your take, or record anything....find the file and manually import it into movie maker..... still doesn't work after that....google a sound file convertor and then you can change the format of the recorded file and then import it into Movie Maker....

hope it helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2011, 08:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Try lowering the resolution of the cam video recording. Crackling means that the sound driver/CPU is struggling to keep up.
Logitec webcam is a bit hard on CPU. Also advice would be to just to record "Dry" if possible and then later on add the Amplitube 3 to the signal - that would for sure eliminate the sound issue.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 27 2011, 08:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Are you trying to capture both the Video on your computer at the same time as recording the AUDIO on your computer? That would explain the heavy CPU usage crackling. As an alternative method, disconnect your camera from your computer and record the video to your camera (not to your computer), while recording your audio in REAPER. When done, connect your camera to your computer and import the Video, then replace the audio from your video file with the audio mix-down you created in REAPER. you'll have to do a little syncing, but it's not too difficult.

Video processing is a huge CPU eater. Running two applications like REAPER and video recording is a huge load on a computer because both applications are struggling feaverishly to write to your hard-disk the recorded files, simultaneously. That would explain the crackling.

My 2 cents.
Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Marfol
Dec 27 2011, 08:55 PM
GMC:er
Thank you for your advice... finally Bogdan was right wink.gif

here you can see my first take

http://youtu.be/b6CGXkUA2ZI

wink.gif

It is also in the REC forum.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 27 2011, 09:56 PM
Instructor
it seems like you need to increase your buffer size, find out how to do that on your card.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:08 PM