Protest The Hero
RIP Dime
Feb 28 2008, 02:14 PM
GMC:er
Really cool band, I picked up their new album Fortress a week ago, and damn I love the album, everything about it.
The vocals are excellent, the singer shows so much range, and dynamics; his sings his ass off on this album, at one point he sounds like Freddy Mercury! Instruments very technical, and you can accuse them of playing only to satisfy their needs to show how good they are, but damn it sounds so good in the songs! I have no idea how to catogorize them, probably modern-prog-math-metal. I can't really describe them just watch and listen.
Anyway here is their new video! And they pull it off live too!

language edit by Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Mar 10 2008, 03:49 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 28 2008, 09:11 PM
Meh, been hearing bout them from my friends radio show. I find them rather on the ok side of things. Technical guitar skills doesn't do it for me anymore when they can't even produce a decent riff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 29 2008, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 28 2008, 09:11 PM) *
Meh, been hearing bout them from my friends radio show. I find them rather on the ok side of things. Technical guitar skills doesn't do it for me anymore when they can't even produce a decent riff.

I had the exact same opinion, then I bought the album. I actually hated Bloodmeat the first time I heard it, but after listening to it like 5 times I got interested and bought the album. I thought I wasn't going to like it very much, but after letting it sink in and grow on me I love the album. It's cool how the albums I hate the most when I initially buy them end up being my favorite ones later on. I'm not saying everyone will love them after listening to them for a while(most probably won't), but I think they'll be a couple other people here that'll dig them.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 29 2008, 08:06 PM
Not so much a fan of the song 'Bloodmeat' but I've got the album and I love 'Bone Marrow', tis epic biggrin.gif

First time I heard of them I thought they were going to be some emo type stuff that I'm not really interested in, but these guys at their best are really catchy. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Mar 9 2008, 03:10 PM
I've got both "Kezia" and "Fortress" and even though I usually hate shredding I think Protest the Hero is one of the best bands out there! To make shredding sound good and acutally make good songs out of it! RESPECT!
And what a vocalist eh? brilliant.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:52 AM