4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gmc 'blues As A Tool' Collab!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2019, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hello friends!! Welcome to a new GMC Collaboration! smile.gif

This time I decided to go for a backing track recorded by our amazing Instructor Javier Aviles, but I got the inspiration from this Jam School lesson recorded by our founder and guitar Master Kristofer Dahl: Blues as a Tool. You can get ideas from that lesson!

Backing Track: Attached File  Blues_as_a_Tool___Backing_80_bpm.mp3 ( 2.57MB ) Number of downloads: 215

Jamtrack: Attached File  Blues_As_A_Tool___Jamtrack.mp3 ( 11.36MB ) Number of downloads: 203

Key: D minor

Tempo: 80 bpm

Recommended Scales:

DEADLINE: July 31th

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

Final video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Aug 12 2019, 09:52 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 21 2019, 08:24 PM
GMC:er
Last year I think I was asking about swamp blues here, sort of reminded me that. Slide might work well with this if anyone is into it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2019, 05:59 AM
I'm flexible. Maybe we can do your retro track next time?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 21 2019, 03:14 PM) *
Hello friends!! Welcome to a new GMC Collaboration! smile.gif

This time I decided to go for a backing track recorded by our amazing Instructor Javier Aviles, but I got the inspiration from this Jam School lesson recorded by our founder and guitar Master Kristofer Dahl: Blues as a Tool. You can get ideas from that lesson!

Backing Track: Attached File  Blues_as_a_Tool___Backing_80_bpm.mp3 ( 2.57MB ) Number of downloads: 215

Key: D minor

Tempo: 80 bpm

Recommended Scales:

DEADLINE: July 8th

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2019, 04:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 21 2019, 04:24 PM) *
Last year I think I was asking about swamp blues here, sort of reminded me that. Slide might work well with this if anyone is into it.

That's a great idea! Are you in? smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 22 2019, 01:59 AM) *
I'm flexible. Maybe we can do your retro track next time?

Sure! I still have to improve that track so this is a quick blues jam to have some fun! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 23 2019, 09:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Is that definitely the right backing track Gab? There's some odd twangy guitar happening at 1:06 and 1:12. For now I've downloaded the 6 minute version from here >> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/JamSch...lues-As-A-Tool/ to put into my DAW for experimentation.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 24 2019, 05:49 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab, Hi all GMCer

I'm in holiday until 1rst july

Why new Blues'collab ?
The last collapsed : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59574

5 guitarists made video : Phil/MisterM/Madfish/Cael/Bleez
It only misses you and your magic licks

Why collab fell into oblivion ? sad.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jun 24 2019, 05:57 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2019, 03:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 24 2019, 01:49 AM) *
Hi Gab, Hi all GMCer

I'm in holiday until 1rst july

Why new Blues'collab ?
The last collapsed : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59574

5 guitarists made video : Phil/MisterM/Madfish/Cael/Bleez
It only misses you and your magic licks

Why collab fell into oblivion ? sad.gif

Hi mate! That's not officially a collab, it's something special that I organisefrom time to time and that turned amazing here:

The second one didn't collapse! I hope that we have a few more participants to make it cool. (some students promised takes).

The latest COLLAB is "GMC goes 70's" and the mix is already available (video coming soon) HERE.

I hope to see you on this new one as well! Blues is always welcome for students of any level. smile.gif

Also, you can make your Collab requests HERE. Todd and Onetabmat requested an 80's Synthwave collab. I'm working on the backing track for that one for the next collab, however, I wonder if there are more students interested on this genre.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 23 2019, 05:15 PM) *
Is that definitely the right backing track Gab? There's some odd twangy guitar happening at 1:06 and 1:12. For now I've downloaded the 6 minute version from here >> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/JamSch...lues-As-A-Tool/ to put into my DAW for experimentation.

Cheers buddy.

Yes! This is the original backing track from the lesson. It includes those guitars as an arrangement for the guitar lesson (Check out the main video). By the way I've also included the Jamtrack version in the first post. Thanks for notifying Phil!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 29 2019, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm working on something, we'll see if I can get it together to participate

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2019, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jun 29 2019, 11:13 AM) *
I'm working on something, we'll see if I can get it together to participate

Great!!! 😊🙌🏻

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 29 2019, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie

struggled finding the flow with this one and I slowed down and just created something that complemented the track IMO.
hope you guys like it

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Jul 7 2019, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2019, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a plan !! I like your retro tracks a lot. Have you thought about doing an EP just a few songs, digital release only, with maybe some extra players and have people vote on which solos to include?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 23 2019, 11:59 AM) *
That's a great idea! Are you in? smile.gif

Sure! I still have to improve that track so this is a quick blues jam to have some fun! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2019, 09:11 AM
Nice!!!!!!!

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 29 2019, 03:47 PM) *

struggled finding the flow with this one and I slowed down and just created something that complemented the track IMO.
hope you guys like it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 30 2019, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 29 2019, 04:47 PM) *

hope you guys like it

That's great mate! This is a cool backing to experiment with new ideas and approaches. I know that it can be tricky to jam along with it but this can be an excuse to explore and find new roads! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2019, 05:01 PM) *
Sounds like a plan !! I like your retro tracks a lot. Have you thought about doing an EP just a few songs, digital release only, with maybe some extra players and have people vote on which solos to include?

I didn't think on this before but I've seen this idea in the other thread.... what would you do with the EP? How would you release it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 4 2019, 03:33 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's my initial take. I;m into the playing but could probably export a better video and maybe reamp with a slightly less gainy tone. Fortunately I recorded a dry track this time too. It's good to have your recording setup handy when inspiration strikes! smile.gif Hope you guys like it.

Attached File  blues_as_tool_take1.wav ( 19.68MB ) Number of downloads: 136

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Jul 27 2019, 01:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 4 2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Very Nice !
Tone is great don't change it. Your vibrato is impressive !

Too bad, I have very little time to play this week
I’m renovating my house to sell it.

This one starts very well

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jul 4 2019, 02:33 AM) *
Here's my initial take. I;m into the playing but could probably export a better video and maybe reamp with a slightly less gainy tone. Fortunately I recorded a dry track this time too. It's good to have your recording setup handy when inspiration strikes! smile.gif Hope you guys like it.

Nice idea, old and modern blues : it sound great smile.gif

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 29 2019, 07:47 PM) *

hope you guys like it

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 4 2019, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2019, 01:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jul 3 2019, 11:33 PM) *

Great playing mate! This is a very inspired improvisation! Love the groove and feel here. smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your take!!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jul 4 2019, 06:03 AM) *
Very Nice !
Tone is great don't change it. Your vibrato is impressive !

Too bad, I have very little time to play this week
I’m renovating my house to sell it.

This one starts very well

Nice idea, old and modern blues : it sound great smile.gif

Yeah! This collab is very promising! I hope that you find some time to give it a try! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 5 2019, 01:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks guys! smile.gif LOoking forward to everyone else's takes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2019, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jul 5 2019, 09:24 AM) *
Thanks guys! smile.gif LOoking forward to everyone else's takes!

Yeah! me too! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Farine54
Jul 5 2019, 06:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,
this collab is cool but the date is close to being finished. I will still try to work on it this weekend.

OneTabMat and Yoncopin have the right feeeling, bravo smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2019, 07:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farine54 @ Jul 5 2019, 02:17 PM) *
Hello,
this collab is cool but the date is close to being finished. I will still try to work on it this weekend.

OneTabMat and Yoncopin have the right feeeling, bravo smile.gif

Extended! We need more takes! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:15 AM