2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Would You Do This To A Prs?
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2013, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 4 2013, 06:07 PM
that poor guitar, how can he do such thing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 4 2013, 06:16 PM
No way could I do that mate.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 4 2013, 06:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well there is one investment down the drain.

The guy that paid him to do this is an idiot.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 4 2013, 06:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
That is terrible. Such a nice guitar to do that. He put a couple dents in it and thought that it would be better to destroy the finish? I think the worn look should be earned by years of playing, not taking a hammer to you axe. I had to stop watching.
wacko.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 4 2013, 06:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Prs don't look right relic'd

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 4 2013, 07:21 PM
I'm the odd ball, I don't see anything wrong with this. There is a post about would you like to own a standard guitar or a custom.

To me this is the middle grounds, you took a guitar you love to play. Maybe he likes the vintage look, so he took his pride and joy to that look. I'm glad to see he at least had a guy do it instead of just abusing it by dragging it down a gravel road.

Remember people buy jeans that are already worn and ripped so its really no different. Different strokes for different folks!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 4 2013, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 4 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I'm the odd ball, I don't see anything wrong with this. There is a post about would you like to own a standard guitar or a custom.

To me this is the middle grounds, you took a guitar you love to play. Maybe he likes the vintage look, so he took his pride and joy to that look. I'm glad to see he at least had a guy do it instead of just abusing it by dragging it down a gravel road.

Remember people buy jeans that are already worn and ripped so its really no different. Different strokes for different folks!

Agreed.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 4 2013, 07:32 PM
All you can say here boys is to each his own.

Now with that said, SJ is asking "Would you do this to a PRS?" I wouldn't beat any of my guitars with a hammer.... even my cheapest POS.

So again I say...... to each his own.

wink.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 4 2013, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie
That's crazy!!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 4 2013, 09:21 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Yikes, I had a hard time watching that. That guitar looked to be in beautiful shape. I'd rather see a guitar get worn out through years of playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 4 2013, 10:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its really hard for me to watch these relicing videos - it just feels to me somehow....wrong! smile.gif
I understand that this look can feel cool - but.....it should come with time I guess?

Its probably possible to also somehow naturally relic your guitar if you really want by abusing it a bit on stage and when playing...maybe wearing some nasty belt buckle...and hitting corners around the house? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 4 2013, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 4 2013, 05:59 PM) *
ohmy.gif

wouldn't you like to do that to Cosmin's new baritone , Jonsey

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 5 2013, 12:10 AM
Interesting responses guys!!

I have 'reliced' a few guitars for people and personally I do think that an instrument has a certain 'character' with some wear and tear on it. In my own collection I have an early 70's Strat with no original finish left on it at all, it was a 3 tone sunburst when it left the factory but over the years the finish wore away and the previous owner (guitarist for Brazilian Prog Rock band Tempus Fugit) decided to scrape the remaining finish all together. To me, when a guitar has some 'battle scars' it has stories to tell, I have worked on many a battered, road worn guitar and have (not often and purely accidentally) added to a guitars scars by slipping with a tool of some kind.
My own favourite battle scarred guitar is my G&L Tele which spent many nights on stage and in the studio being abused on a regular basis and each one of it's scars has a story.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 4 2013, 11:49 PM) *
wouldn't you like to do that to Cosmin's new baritone , Jonsey

Maybe, not sure the Wolfman would want me to even suggest it though!!!
wink.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Apr 5 2013, 12:12 AM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 5 2013, 03:11 AM
I'm personally not that into the artificial relicing thing for myself. But only because I've had several guitars long enough now that they're relic'd naturally.
Whether one does it to a Fender or a Gibson or a PRS illicit's absolutely no emotion from me whatsoever. As much as I love a guitar - it's a piece of wood with essentially what amounts to a 6th grade science project inside of it. They are just tools. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

*I am buying a relic'd body and neck and I'm going to 'age down' some hardware. But this is a guitar that's technically never existed. A jazzmaster body with a Tele bridge pkup, something else in the neck pos(?) and Tele hardware.
[attachment=31407:telemaster_relic.JPG]

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
Wanna know my opinion? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Poor guitar. I would do this to a lady. mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 5 2013, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 5 2013, 01:59 PM) *
Poor guitar. I would do this to a lady. mad.gif

Hmmm.. laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Bossie
Apr 5 2013, 10:47 PM
Long time ago i fell off the stairs with a genuine les paul...that was more relicing than i wanted... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2013, 11:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Apr 5 2013, 09:47 PM) *
Long time ago i fell off the stairs with a genuine les paul...that was more relicing than i wanted... dry.gif

Oh man... was the guitar ok afterwards?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:16 AM