Music Documentaries
bleez
Jan 5 2013, 10:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Been watching another couple of cool documentaries which I thought some guys here may be interested in, unless you've already seen them!

Such Hawks Such Hounds - American hard rock circa 1970 -2007. It picks up on the stoner rock genre that kinda morphed from Sabbath etc. Really worth watching if you are into that kinda thing. I really liked it.

Rush - Beyond The Lighted Stage. Im not really a big rush fan but I still found it really cool. They are all interesting dudes and its quite funny in places. Ive definitely got more of an appreciation for the band from this. Also, they do have a few killer tracks biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2013, 08:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks for the recommendations! smile.gif

I can suggest The Beatles anthology documentary if anyone missed it - its a really loooooong and interesting one smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2013, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Cool! I love watching documentaries! I recommend this one:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 7 2013, 12:04 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Cool! I love watching documentaries! I recommend this one:

LOL! the opening line in that documentary from Rollins..... "All you need is one guy or girl to stand up and say F*&K This!" biggrin.gif
yeah, I'll be watching this one tonight, cheers smile.gif

Gabe you will totally dig the 'Such Hawks' documentary, its got Pentagram, atomic bitchwax, sleep, kyuss.... Ive never heard so many big fat riffs in one place!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 01:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 6 2013, 08:04 PM) *
LOL! the opening line in that documentary from Rollins..... "All you need is one guy or girl to stand up and say F*&K This!" biggrin.gif
yeah, I'll be watching this one tonight, cheers smile.gif

Gabe you will totally dig the 'Such Hawks' documentary, its got Pentagram, atomic bitchwax, sleep, kyuss.... Ive never heard so many big fat riffs in one place!

hehehe ok mate! Thanks a lot! I'll bookmark this one! smile.gif

As we are talking about big fat riffs! let me recommend you some Argentinean bands that has this sound...

We have many Stoner bands here!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Great vids guys! I remember Gabe posting that one made by Dave Grohl - Gabe, can you remind me how it was called? biggrin.gif I can't seem to remember ... sad.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 7 2013, 10:02 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
big fat riffs indeed! Some of that stuff sounded like it came straight out of the desert smile.gif some really cool imagery in the videos as well.
Im always trying to write those types of riffs but its not easy to get them sounding as authentic and professional sounding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 7 2013, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 08:58 AM) *
Great vids guys! I remember Gabe posting that one made by Dave Grohl - Gabe, can you remind me how it was called? biggrin.gif I can't seem to remember ... sad.gif

Sound City, One of the guys over at the Rig-Talk forum is involved in that one. He said Dave is a really nice person.

There is a Tom Petty documentary called Runn' down a dream which is 4 hours long, but fantastic if you like that sort of american rock

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 7 2013, 06:02 AM) *
big fat riffs indeed! Some of that stuff sounded like it came straight out of the desert smile.gif some really cool imagery in the videos as well.
Im always trying to write those types of riffs but its not easy to get them sounding as authentic and professional sounding.

Your riffs are great mate! just keep on recording your ideas! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 7 2013, 08:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Your riffs are great mate! just keep on recording your ideas! smile.gif

smile.gif
Thanks dude, I totally will.
Maybe when I get a bit more theory knowledge my riffs will get even fatter cool.gif

I was thinking about buying the truckfighters fuzzomentary, it looks really cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2013, 06:10 AM
GMC:er
Global Metal Documentary (from the same director that did the norwegian black metal doc we shared a bit back)

Metall and it's impact as it reaches very different cultures

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 17 2013, 08:19 AM
I really enjoyed watching this ozzy documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdtHZBmiC-8

and for all us kids from the 80ies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbMUrQDpcw

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2013, 08:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 17 2013, 05:10 AM) *
Global Metal Documentary (from the same director that did the norwegian black metal doc we shared a bit back)

Thanks for this one Todd!! It looks really interesting and I will watch tonight biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 17 2013, 02:10 AM) *

This is one of my favorite metal documentaries ever! It's so interesting to know bands from places where you think that there isn't metal band.... some of the most unique bands appear in this film... like for example Sepultura.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 20 2013, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Metal A Headbanger's Journey

Probably my favorite metal documentary out there. I love how he breaks down sub-genres and the Norwegian black metal portion of the documentary.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2013, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jan 20 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Metal A Headbanger's Journey

Probably my favorite metal documentary out there. I love how he breaks down sub-genres and the Norwegian black metal portion of the documentary.

and to end the trilogy, these are the series called Metal Evolution by the same director:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jan 20 2013, 03:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 20 2013, 08:40 AM) *
and to end the trilogy, these are the series called Metal Evolution by the same director:

You know, I never actually got to see the Metal Evolution series. It seems really interesting. I think they play it on VH1 classic every now and then.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 20 2013, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Looks like I got A LOT of stuff to watch laugh.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 20 2013, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 17 2013, 05:10 AM) *

I liked this doc. The Japanese and Chinese chapters were my favorite bits.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 20 2013, 05:39 PM
Here're some Metal Documentaries for YOU , METAL MANIACS !!!!

Check out Bruce Disckinson quote 26.00 - I always hated rock'n'roll lifestyle anyway !! \ ,, /

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jan 20 2013, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:00 AM