New Guitar, I switched my old new one in for my new old one (don't get confuse
beebo
Mar 14 2007, 01:05 AM
GMC:er
Hello Everyone,
I need ur help again. I just got my new used Ibanez RG series and it has a Floyd Rose! laugh.gif yay!
But there's bad news sad.gif lol Anyway I can't get teh guitar to stay in tune mad.gif Is this because of the floyd rose needing something to be done to it! How can I keep it in tune! Oh yea can u sand the frets to get a smoother feel because the guitar's frets are a little....... not so smooth!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 14 2007, 01:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (beebo @ Mar 14 2007, 01:05 AM) *
Hello Everyone,
I need ur help again. I just got my new used Ibanez RG series and it has a Floyd Rose! laugh.gif yay!
But there's bad news sad.gif lol Anyway I can't get teh guitar to stay in tune mad.gif Is this because of the floyd rose needing something to be done to it! How can I keep it in tune! Oh yea can u sand the frets to get a smoother feel because the guitar's frets are a little....... not so smooth!

the floyd rose has to be exactly aligned, there's a couple of old threads around this. Try searching for "floyd rose" or look for my nick since I was in at least of of them. I think Steelkonsum was the originator of that old thread. Hope that helps you find them.

You can clean the frets, yes. Hold it with the sandpaper until you've tried regular cleaning. It's probably just old filth tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 15 2007, 04:57 AM
Yeah, there has been lots of "My floating trem won't stay in tune!!!" threads, don't worry, your guitar isn't broken, you just got to set it up right. There are millions of guides online, and probably a couple in this forum. Here's a good one http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/JWGuitar...loyd_howto.html
Sanding, and polishing frets is no small deal man, I would get a professional tech to do that.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 17 2007, 12:33 AM
:Well I appreciate the help but it dosen't help much not because it's not good help......
I play the guitar good but don't understand what they mean in the description at all and don't know where any of the parts are and what to do on them. Please someone translate that to english very very very slowly at about a 3rd grade level laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 18 2007, 01:07 AM
Please help before the week comes because i'm grounded and won't get to play sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif

+Quote Post
Scoob
Mar 19 2007, 04:52 AM
I just ran in to a similar issue a few days ago. My issue was that I could not get back in tune.

As I continued to tune The previous strings went out. The bridge would lift as I continued. To my embarrassment I noticed that I purchased 10-52 strings to try a new tone. I went to the local guitar shop and purchased a second set of springs that I added to hold more tension. This worked great, until I go back to 10-46's then I will need to take them out. I would expect this is an easier issue than your having but I thought it was worth a mention. Basic but over looked when I bought new strings.

Cheers

Scoob

This post has been edited by Scoob: Mar 19 2007, 04:53 AM

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post
stratman33
Mar 24 2007, 05:24 PM
i know ill sound stupid, but what is floyd rose? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Mar 24 2007, 07:45 PM
Rock Instructor
it is termelo that can go backwards

usally in metal when you hear the guitar scream is when they pull the termelo back 2 tones

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Rockwouldbe @ Mar 24 2007, 10:45 AM) *
it is termelo that can go backwards

usally in metal when you hear the guitar scream is when they pull the termelo back 2 tones

yea usually

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:33 PM