16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
The League Of Extraordinary Axemen, Instructor/Students video collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 07:25 PM
Instructor
Jimmy and DG! You have officially been recruited! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 7 2013, 07:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm in, I'll try to use my best super barista powers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Sep 7 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I'm in, I'll try to use my best super barista powers.

Bang! You've been added! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 7 2013, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
I have a Man of Steel shirt laugh.gif It could be good for Sam Man laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2013, 09:56 PM
Instructor
Wou!! We are already 12 superheroes!! This one will be killer!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2013, 10:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Sep 7 2013, 07:46 PM) *
I have a Man of Steel shirt laugh.gif It could be good for Sam Man laugh.gif laugh.gif

Most definitely mate! biggrin.gif

Should I make up a T-shirt with this? => https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...54f54da57e6277f

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 9 2013, 07:15 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's definately a job for MadMan biggrin.gif
Great backing, count me in!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 07:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 9 2013, 06:15 AM) *
That's definately a job for MadMan biggrin.gif
Great backing, count me in!

Awesome mate, welcome!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Sep 9 2013, 12:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 8 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Most definitely mate! biggrin.gif

Should I make up a T-shirt with this? => https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...54f54da57e6277f

Yes! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 9 2013, 01:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This Backing feel`s MAGIC to me , dry.gif

i missed the last two Collab`s (Todd and Cosmin) i will see and try to get into this one now . cool.gif

After a small crash on a mountain path - i lucky survived with the help of my wife and dog -

Lucky DumpAss would be a fine name on collab , maybe !?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2013, 03:55 PM
Instructor
So many super heros? It's gonna be like "The Avangers" tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kalkilla
Sep 9 2013, 04:39 PM
Wild Well Controller is the closest I can come to being out in the field. Love the track. Never done anything like this before, so it should be quite interesting. Count me in Bro cool.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2013, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Kalkilla - so it's a best time to start ! smile.gif Great You like the track smile.gif I'm very curious what could You bring to it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 9 2013, 05:25 PM
Instructor
Dieter and Kalkilla - you are on the superhero recruitment list! biggrin.gif Dieter - I really do hope you are ok man.. sorry to hear about the accident..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2013, 12:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 9 2013, 09:26 AM) *
This Backing feel`s MAGIC to me , dry.gif

i missed the last two Collab`s (Todd and Cosmin) i will see and try to get into this one now . cool.gif

After a small crash on a mountain path - i lucky survived with the help of my wife and dog -

Lucky DumpAss would be a fine name on collab , maybe !?

Oh mate, I'm sorry about the accident. I'm glad that you are ok!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 10 2013, 06:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Guys I was working on this a little tonight and here is what I came up with so far. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0a6dikrtag3nrq/axemen.mp3

There are 3 distinct parts which I really like, the rest is just nonsense. When I go into solo mode I use a simple tapping sequence but Ive always had a hard time jumping in and out of those sequences. Also through the middle solo part I can hear something very dark and diminished about it but cant seem to find where to go.

Is it possible to take the intro motif idea and expand it into something more?

Oh and cutting through the mix in the middle is a hard one. Should I double the parts or do I need to stay in a certain frequency on my guitar when playing through the middle section?

Thanks for the help guys.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2013, 08:13 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 9 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Dieter and Kalkilla - you are on the superhero recruitment list! biggrin.gif Dieter - I really do hope you are ok man.. sorry to hear about the accident..

Cool to be recruited smile.gif

I am ok and Something told me to take Things Easier now cool.gif So i am Thankful !

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 10 2013, 01:49 AM) *
Oh mate, I'm sorry about the accident. I'm glad that you are ok!

I am fine now Gab ! The Right Push for me to see Things from a noter Site - and it`s a Great View biggrin.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 10 2013, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim Seekford @ Sep 10 2013, 05:14 AM) *
Hey Guys I was working on this a little tonight and here is what I came up with so far. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0a6dikrtag3nrq/axemen.mp3

There are 3 distinct parts which I really like, the rest is just nonsense. When I go into solo mode I use a simple tapping sequence but Ive always had a hard time jumping in and out of those sequences. Also through the middle solo part I can hear something very dark and diminished about it but cant seem to find where to go.

Is it possible to take the intro motif idea and expand it into something more?

Oh and cutting through the mix in the middle is a hard one. Should I double the parts or do I need to stay in a certain frequency on my guitar when playing through the middle section?

Thanks for the help guys.

As for the beginning it's better to leave it alone because there would be some "collab info" and introduction.

As for the mix - good point. I can asure You that mix will be changed when the guitar solos will be done, to make them work together....but...searching for the tone and arrange that would fit the mix already, at the recording stage is an extra skill itself.

Try to listen and find the balance (mainly between themids an highs) so You could cut through. You can try to start from thinking about some good old rules like:

1. When something plays low - play high
2. When something plays a lot of notes - play a few

and the opposite of course

This how we handle some things that could be easily explained with theory arguments. Try to find the "key freq range" for the orhestra root notes and You'll now which range would be cool for guitars.

I many cases orchestral tones have some colision in the range around 200 to 600 Hz where most of the cellos and viola melody root notes are. To match the tone You need to move Your playing or eq to some higher mid ranges...like 1 to 3 kHz. Of Course it will sound like a kitchen radio if You add too much of those. Also 1-3 kHz is a best heard range by human being. You can try to listen to Monica's tone in my last collaboration. She's got a nicely fitted tone to the track. She escaped form 200-300 Range where the root tone of backing guitars (also toms and snare low end) were, and she found a freq gap for her guitar. Also...the melodic typue of playing made her solo very clear among dense backing guitars and drums playing.

I heard Your playing Jim a few timesand I'm sure You can do better then this! smile.gif Try to choose one solo slot like were the drums starts and before the break with snare drum fill. Instead of trying to play something long, try to focus to make something awesome in the shorter part. Also try to play less at the beginning so the tension would grow through all the verse part.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2013, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - regarding that tapping sequence - I think that the only thing you need to focus on, would be to play those notes that you bend in the correct pitch. That can be achieved if you practice the tapping part slowly and anticipate the moment in which you shift from tapping to bending, so that it won't catch you unaware wink.gif The ideas are good, but the next step is to practice them so that you can get the most of each one. This is one good point of starting out - fixing those bends after tapping - 01:11 for instance and in the tapping sequence before, there's a weird note smile.gif Break down the lick so that you may understand exactly what you are playing and when, ok?

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Sep 10 2013, 10:28 AM
Ok here my first record and idea smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/zoomthe-league-of-1-with

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:03 PM