Help With Sweeping
guitargod
May 8 2008, 06:58 AM
GMC:er
hi guys, i been practicsing sweeping sixteen note triplets, but seems like i got difficulty in moving the pick up n down, they seems to be like stuck in between the strings not smooth and its harder when i am sweeping upwards, i already set the metronome to 60bpm, is it there is something wrong with my picking motion or is the speed too fast for a starter?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 8 2008, 07:16 AM
Instructor
Look at how you're holding the pick. The way you describe it, it seems like the angle of the pick is horisontal with the strings. If so, try to angle it down/forward about 45 degrees. That will make it smoother. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
steve25
May 8 2008, 01:07 PM
GMC:er
When you sweep pick make sure that the angle of the pick is right. It will be different to when you pick normally. The tip of the pick should be facing towards you when you are sweep downwards, and the tip should be facing away from you when you sweep upwards

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:30 AM