Out On The Street
Justin Myrick
May 10 2011, 02:12 PM
GMC Administrator
I constantly see guitarist playing on the street no matter what city I live in. I must say that it takes a lot of bravery to just go out and play in front of tons of strangers. I know that many of you play in bands already but there are still many of us that don't. Some of the street guitarist are actually pretty phenomenal.

Check out this street guitarist!

I wanted to ask all of you GMC'ers if any of you have played on the street before? What was it like? Did you do it for money?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 10 2011, 02:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This guy is amazing. I think playing on the street like this is a great way to get over stage fright, because you're not really the center of attention, but you're still out there. I always thought of doing it, but I'd probably get arrested for disturbing the peace and/or risk having a complete stranger grab my guitar and smash it over my head.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
May 10 2011, 02:31 PM
GMC Administrator
QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 10 2011, 01:20 PM) *
This guy is amazing. I think playing on the street like this is a great way to get over stage fright, because you're not really the center of attention, but you're still out there. I always thought of doing it, but I'd probably get arrested for disturbing the peace and/or risk having a complete stranger grab my guitar and smash it over my head.

haha, that's one way to get you stop playing. I guess the more polite way would be to pay you to stop smile.gif

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:55 PM