> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2016, 09:32 PM
Instructor
What string gauge are you using?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 17 2016, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 10 2016, 10:32 PM) *
What string gauge are you using?

I'm using elixir strings guage 0.23 0.28 0.41 0.61 0.81 1.07
Sometimes I use Ernieball strings but I don't know what guage are those

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2016, 11:43 PM
Instructor
0.23?? The thinner one? Are you sure?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 19 2016, 06:29 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 19 2016, 12:43 AM) *
0.23?? The thinner one? Are you sure?

yes thats what says on the on the pack
by the way 0.23 mm not inches.
to make things clear i attached two pics of strings packs that im using.
right now i have the elixir strings on my guitar.
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2016, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Ah ok! those are 09 - 042, good choice. We rarelly use the mm when talking about strin gauges.

It's a good gauge for bending.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 26 2016, 08:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2016, 01:42 AM) *
Ah ok! those are 09 - 042, good choice. We rarelly use the mm when talking about strin gauges.

It's a good gauge for bending.

Hello Gabriel

Its Good to hear that. the reason I asked if there's something I can do about it, is that I see some vids on youtube of guitarists talking
about adding graphite paste on the guitar nut to ease things up or to keep the guitar more in tune .. so I was just wondering if there are
other things or tricks.

Beside that I've been working on the (Bending workout lesson) today is my 11th day I guess and I'm not even close to finish this one
perfectly, it's a tough nut for me. probably those parts at ( 00:53 - 00:56 in the original lesson) I find hard to bend to the right note.. and even if I miss the right note slightly I get a terrible sound like in the one you will hear in the attached file [attachment=45092:wrong_bend.wav].

However, is there a special name for those kind of bends? I might need to search more about it, maybe ill find something helpful.

I've been working on the trickiest part of this lesson, have a listen to the attached file [attachment=45091:Bend_Work_1.mp3] and let me know what you think about it. how im doing in general ? also tell me if you recommend anything about the preset im using does it fit the original tone color of the lesson?

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2016, 09:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese,

I think that you are talking about double string bends which are usually more difficult than single string ones. I've checked both audios. The first one shows the wrong bending, and it seems that you are doing the double bend that I'm talking about.

Then, the longer bending audio isn't bad at all! There are some bends perfect, and some others pretty close! Once again, the problem is more important is in the double string bending.

Regarding your tone, it sounds good on this. I don't think that you need to tweak it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 4 2016, 12:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
this is not finished yet, I'm doing my best but its taking than expected
have a listen to this [attachment=45129:bending_workout.mp3] and let me know what you think
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2016, 09:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, there are some bends that reach the correct pitch while some others don't do it. I think that it's around 50% each.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 11 2016, 12:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
I think it would be better if split this in two parts and work on each one separately.
Please have a listen to this one. [attachment=45149:bending_work_out_3.mp3]

This post has been edited by Anese: Sep 11 2016, 11:43 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2016, 11:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Sure mate! It's a good idea. I can't open the file. Please post it again.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 11 2016, 11:48 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 12 2016, 12:45 AM) *
Hi Anese! Sure mate! It's a good idea. I can't open the file. Please post it again.

Try now Gabby, I've replaced it with a new one that I just recorded
tnx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2016, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, I could check the audio. It's on the right track, just be careful with the bends between 00:34 and 00:38 that are not reaching the pitch perfectly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 15 2016, 01:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 13 2016, 07:22 PM) *
Hi Anese, I could check the audio. It's on the right track, just be careful with the bends between 00:34 and 00:38 that are not reaching the pitch perfectly.

Hey Gabby
I tried to fix that part you pointed out, with the aid of the built-in tuner in Amplitube, I can see how far or below im goin to the target pitch.
Then I turn off the tuner and try to do it by my ears... the problem I'm facing is that my brain has to memorize many pitches while im bending through out the whole track.
anyhow listen to this [attachment=45158:bend_work_out_4.mp3] and let me know if im doing ok.
while learning this lesson i found my self playing that lick at end ..dunno where it come from ..
Tnx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2016, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, that new audio sounds good. I'd like to hear you playing those bends over the backing track.

I think that we are ready for a new assignment, what do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 17 2016, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2016, 04:35 PM) *
Hi Anese, that new audio sounds good. I'd like to hear you playing those bends over the backing track.

I think that we are ready for a new assignment, what do you say?

Hello Gabby
No new assignments till I post a full flawless take of this lesson.
Haha it became a personal issue .. Don't worry I'm almost there I guess , it's getting better every
time I practice it. i first hated this lesson but now I'm glad that I worked
On it .. My bends are getting better ..
Tnx for your patience

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2016, 09:22 PM
Instructor
hahah ok! The goal here is that you keep on practising so I like the plan.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 22 2016, 10:50 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 17 2016, 10:22 PM) *
hahah ok! The goal here is that you keep on practising so I like the plan.

Hello Gabby
this is a quick sketch [attachment=45195:bending_workout_5.mp3], im not completely satisfied about it but at least you can
hear how's it goin.
let me know if you have any tips or comments to help with it
tnx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2016, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good job.

This is getting better. Now we have half of the bends on pitch, while the other half is close. This means that your technique is still irregular but that you are very close. The secret is to isolate each of the problematic bends, and practice playing the target note and then bending to it. Doing this diary is the way to go now.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 27 2016, 06:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
is this getting any better ? [attachment=45231:bending_workout_6.mp3]
tnx

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:50 PM