Cedar Or Spruce Top For Classical?
btrigorivas
Jul 23 2008, 11:42 PM
GMC:er
I have hear many opinions, about the two but i would like to hear what you people here in GMC think, Im about to buy an Alhambra 11P, and im having a hard time when making a decision about the top, Im personally inclining for the spruce, but i would like to hear your opinions before making my choice.
Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 25 2008, 06:51 PM
Instructor
I like better the sound of spruce over red cedar, I got a guitar of red cedar bay a local luthier ($800) which is the one I use in my lessons, aparently you have to wait (play) the guitar for some time to get the spruce top guitar sounds get mature, red cedar seems to be cash in hand.
If you see any Rafael Mardones guitar go for it, they are just incerdible and not as pricey as European and USA luthier but still they are pretty expensive.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 PM