Best Phone To Capture Concerts (videos + Audio)
zen
Nov 15 2009, 10:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Most of the vids I've captured with my ancient nokia (6121) have come out quite horrible including a terrible sound. Of course i never bought it for video capturing in the first place smile.gif. But i never liked the idea of carrying a brick sized phone or the one that weighs a lot anyway...

Wondering what your experiences have been with the mobile phones you have in terms of capturing videos (including audio) of the concerts you have attended. Just wanting to find the general consensus/ best bang for buck on the phone for capturing videos in "small/ medium sized indoor gigs"

I have sometimes witnessed and captured great moments in gigs (and in the moshpit) that look and sound aweful when i watch it later on ... sad.gif

Feel free to share your captures smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 15 2009, 01:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great question, I would like to know as well. I never seen a mobile phone video that sounded like recording from a camcorder. I use camcorder for capturing indoor gigs etc. Recording often sound good , depending on sound levels and there is not much clipping (built in limiter or something?)... Would be great to find a phone that has a great mic built in, audio is I guess most important part for such recording and then on the close second place video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 15 2009, 07:20 PM
GMC:er
Cellphones aren't build for video and audio capturing. However, I think that any last generation phone should do fine the work

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:25 PM