Hello From The Vi
eLeCtRoFrEaK0036
May 24 2011, 11:46 AM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Isiah, i'm 15 years old and i just started playing guitar a year ago. my favorite artists are Metallica, GnR, and Orianthi......SInce i'm new here i'd like someone to assist me on what to practice, how often, and how to practice it. cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by eLeCtRoFrEaK0036: May 24 2011, 11:50 AM

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter
Visit My Website
Please like my Facebook page
Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel

There's only room for improvement. Never give up on what you love!
#TheWorldisYours

-IsiahDrew
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 24 2011, 12:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (eLeCtRoFrEaK0036 @ May 24 2011, 12:46 PM) *
Hi, my name is Isiah, i'm 15 years old and i just started playing guitar a year ago. my favorite artists are Metallica, GnR, and Orianthi......SInce i'm new here i'd like someone to assist me on what to practice, how often, and how to practice it. cool.gif

Hello and welcome to GMC!
Check out your private messages - I have just sent you something! smile.gif

See you in the forum! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 24 2011, 12:41 PM
GMC Founder
Hello Isiah and welcome to GMC!

Good to hear about you being inspired by Orianthi - it's an influence we don't hear about a lot. We probably will in the future though, as she is an amazing artist!

Bogdan will help you get started - but the general advice is to stick to a routine that is fun to you and inspires you to practice A LOT!

Usually that is achieved by finding lessons that match you musical taste and that aren't too difficult for you. Just learning one full lesson (and be able to play it to a backing track) can be a game changer. Doesn't matter which one it is - as long as you think the lesson sounds good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 24 2011, 01:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC!
Instructor Zsolt Galambos has some cool and easy Metallica and GNR lessons, if I were you I'd check them first!
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 24 2011, 02:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! Great username! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 24 2011, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Isiah smile.gif Always nice to see another Metallica fan (although isn't everyone a Metallica fan ?) biggrin.gif

As Kris said, it's always important to stay inspired and motivated when practicing.. so combine learning some songs or riffs in your favourite musical styles with some specific techniques that you enjoy.. maybe palm muting or something which tests and improves your rhythm and timing. It's also important to pick goals that are reasonably attainable and not too hard.. this way you are sure to make progress and stay motivated.

Yes, check out some of Zsolt's Metallica lessons for sure.. also, I always direct any metalhead to Lian Gerbino's lessons.. he has absolutely loads of beginner/intermediate rock and metal lessons covering all genres. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
May 24 2011, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Isiah, have fun here and of course ask anything you may need! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 24 2011, 07:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC man! smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 24 2011, 11:22 PM
GMC:er
Welcome! I just sent you a PM as well responding to your message. I'm I speak for everyone when I say we are thrilled you joined us smile.gif I've seen you in the SAT VID CHAT as the guy from "VI". smile.gif What is VI the country code for?

I"m glad you have an account and so now you can chat back! I hope you can make it this Sat too!

Todd
QUOTE (eLeCtRoFrEaK0036 @ May 24 2011, 05:46 AM) *

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2011, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! If you have any questions, let us know! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2011, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eLeCtRoFrEaK0036 @ May 24 2011, 07:46 AM) *

Hello Isiah! Welcome to the site! I'm sure that you'll find lessons based on the styles that you like in the video lessons section. Let us know if you need help. Enjoy the site. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM