> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.2, Pass) Classic Black Sabbath: Rhythm - Lead , Lesson By Ivan Milenkovic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

colobro
Apr 7 2012, 02:55 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Classic Black Sabbath: Rhythm - Lead by Ivan Milenkovic

Ok guys. REC #2. I have a problem at the end here where the tab given is not what's played and for some reason I couldn't figure it out so I improvised something else. Thanks for your time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2012, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! The overall take is good! You just need some adjustment on some things. The riffing sounds good but you make it sounds a even tighter with the drums. The solo timing sounds good but there the problem are your bends. Most of them don't reach the correct pitch. Your vibrato could also be wider. Besides this I think that the higher strings are a bit out of tune, mostly the first string.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 8 2012, 10:29 PM
Instructor
That first riffing part was very good and I don't have much to say about, but I had a lot to say for the second solo part - what is most indicative is unpleasant bendings ! You must practice this very important technique even harder ! No matter how good,clean and concretely you playing solo phrases, one or two such bends know to destroy the whole hard work ! Think about wink.gif

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Apr 8 2012, 10:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 03:55 AM
Instructor
Good take!
Timing when you were playing riff was very good! You are rushing a little bit on the solo part
You also can work on your bends and vibrato! You can try using a tuner to make sure your bends are accurate!
Other than that good job!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Your take is shaping up pretty nicely, but please heed the advice given by the guys for a straight 10 in here and a big step in your evolution as a guitarist and musician smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 9 2012, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Great take, nice tone !

I thought the rhythm side of things was totally cool. The lead part was also strong, nothing really wrong with it at all. As the guys said, the bends could do with working on but you're not too far out with them so just a bit of string bending action in your practise and you'll be spot on ! smile.gif

Have a look at this lesson from Stephane, I believe this is possibly the best bending lesson on GMC because it focuses solely on the subject and breaks it up in a really good way

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 11 2012, 05:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.2!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:05 PM